Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 New Layout Customization Tutorial! - Minitokyo

New Layout Customization Tutorial!

This thread is pinned.

page 4 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 93 total items

espada001

espada001

Malik

wow Really really helpful it's nice to see people who do some good stuff
Really liked the thread wow it was awesome

I want to know how to change the icons for elite and highlight art if possible?!

Again thanks every body for the effort you did help a lot

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path,
And don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

If I'm not mistaken this is the code

.wallpapers dt em { background:url(<place url image here>) repeat scroll 0 -40px; height:40px; margin-top:-14px; position:absolute; right:10px; width:40px; z-index:10; }

I'm not sure if this should be included too
.wallpapers dt strong { background: url(<url image here>) repeat scroll 0 -40px; height:40px; margin-top:-14px; position:absolute; right:10px; width:40px; z-index:10;}

Signature Image

tsuyutsuki

tsuyutsuki

The comeback (?)

Ne ne minna!
Is there a way to keep the Search Bar's and the buttons' christmas design permanently in my page? They matched so well I was wondering if I could... :D

Thanks in advance!

Avatar and Signature design by xxKurumi
Signature

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

You gotta ask Sheqel on that one... I think that is seasonal

Signature Image

tsuyutsuki

tsuyutsuki

The comeback (?)

huuum... okies then. Thanks srsn-san!

Signature

espada001

espada001

Malik

These are the icons i wanna use (link included) but it didn't work out
I know the old one desepere but no new ones
Thanks by the way for you help
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/406/zzzzskullhight.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/259/zzzzskull.png/

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

Try this code - you might not have used the direct link for image and place ' '

.wallpapers dt em { background:url('http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2682/zzzzskull.png') repeat scroll 0 -40px; height:40px; margin-top:-14px; position:absolute; right:10px; width:40px; z-index:10; }

.wallpapers dt strong { background: url('http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2682/zzzzskull.png') repeat scroll 0 -40px; height:40px; margin-top:-14px; position:absolute; right:10px; width:40px; z-index:10;}

Signature Image

espada001

espada001

Malik

not 'might' but 'absolute' not the right one
Thanks a lot it works like charm
Thanks again for you help

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

A.A.A. Free Time Searching

Hi minna :3
I'm going to change my userpage (again) but I would like to try some news things that I saw around here ^_^
So I would like to know how to change the "shape" of wallpapers thumbnail in homepage, the ones in "popular ART" section; I saw there is more than one member that it changed them in square instead of rectangle and I would know what code use ^_^
Plus I would like to put in my homepage my "popular indyart" instead of the scans, could it be possible? o.o
And if I can't, how I could changes the shape of scans thumbnails,too? >.<
Thanks to everyone who'll help me! ^.^

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

I'm not sure if this is the code
.wallpapers dt {height: xxx; width:xxx;}

where xxx is the value the add px example height:18px

Signature Image

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

unfortunately it isn't >.< Thanks anyway srsn! :)

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

I just figure out these codes xD. Here's what I used: (Too lazy to change values)

Quote:

/*THUMBNAILS*/

.wallpapers img, .wallpapers dt a /*, .scans dt a, .scans img */ { width: 70%!important; height: 70%!important; margin-right: -30px}

.scans p a { margin-left: -50px }
#content .scans li { margin: -20px .0% }
.scans dt a, .scans img { width: 100px!; height: 100px }

.wallpapers dt em, .wallpapers dt strong { right: 0px } /*highlight buttons positioning~ */

.wallpapers dd { height: 130px; width: 120px!important ; }
.wallpapers dt { margin-left: -1%; margin-top: 1%; padding-left: -40px } /* making the thumbs get up close and personal >_> */

I couldn't get the thumbs to show just a portion of the work like the 'favourites' thumbs - background-position just wouldn't work for me! DDx

Ah well *shrinks and squishes them* Enjoy!

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

I was sure I've just reply to you, AO O.O Anyway, first of all, THAAANKS for help <3
Second, I tryed and "squishesed" them XD And I can arrive at this point:
FOR WALLPAPERs : I found how to fix the background, but the other problem now it's the "empty space" between the three "lines"...there more than 100px that I can't reduce in anyway o_o
I tryed with to change the paremetre od "wallpapers dt" but it didn't work, then I tryed with "wallpaper dd" but it was the worst ç_ç

So at the end it come like THIS.

Quote by code for wallpapers section
.wallpapers img { display: block; background-position: 50% 50%;}
.wallpapers dt a { overflow-x: hidden;overflow-y: hidden; width: 100px!important; height: 100px!important; border: 2px solid #000; border-radius: 5px; -moz-border-radius: 5px; margin-left: 20px; margin-right: 20px;}
.wallpapers dt { height: 10px!important; width: 100px!important; padding-right: 37px;}

FOR SCANS: I have two problems again >.<
The first it's how to fix the background, I don't know why, but the same code that I used for wallpapers, and it worked, with scans didn't work ç_ç I tryed it in all the "classes" about scans, but it didn't work...so I'm becaming to think that it's a total different class, that I don't know ç_ç
The second it's the empty space (again) but between the LAST line of thumbnails and THE FIRST comment of GB.

And so for one I come up with THIS RESULT.

Quote by code for scans section
.scans {position: relative; left: 5px; }
.scans p a { margin-left: -50px;}
#content .scans li { display: block; float: left; clear: none; width: 160px!important; height: 120px!important; margin: 10px .5%; text-align: center; padding: 10px 0; }
*:first-child+html #content .scans li { margin: 10px 0; }
.scans dt a, .scans img { overflow-x: hidden;overflow-y: hidden; width: 120px!important; height: 120px!important; border: 2px solid #000; border-radius: 5px; -moz-border-radius: 5px; margin-left: 20px; margin-right: 20px;}

So, I hope someome could help me to fix all, I'll be really gratefull! >.<

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

^^ Great that you figured out the codes! :D The overflow: hidden is awesome.

I tried and tried with the scans but I couldn't get it. n_n I think it's because the site code creator didn't add in the codes for the scans bit like he did for the wallpapers, or the square "children li i" thumbs. >_<
lol worse come to worse, hide it!

Quote:
.scans, h2, .div-notes {display:none}

And code separate p codes for the bigger fonts ala

Quote:
p.h2 { font-size: 200% }

and code it in the html with <p class="h2">....</p>

lol you probably know that, but just in case..

Sorry I can't help more with the scan thumbs >_<

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

Thanks anyway AO! for the moment, let's hide them then XD

About the "empty space" between wallpapers thumbnails? any suggestions? >.< I don't know wich is the class that i need to change, to fix it @_@

EDIT: I decided to leave scans thumb like they're in default for the moment at the end :p

EDIT 2: FOUND IT! XD I'm talking about the empty spaces betweens wallpapers..:)

tsuyutsuki

tsuyutsuki

The comeback (?)

Minna~! Tasukete kudasai~! >.<
I recently noticed that some tabs ( My Username, Indy Art, Scans...) and those small links (tag me, tags, wallpaper, indy art...) are still on the default light blue color when you hover over them. How do I change them? I'd also like to change the numbers near them.

Ah, there something else too. There is this small "Browse Scans" option under "Popular Scans" that's still in purple and blue. How do I change them? o.o
Thanks in advance~! :D

Signature

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

u_u Have to retype this. WHAI INTERNET WHAIIII lollllllll u troll

Hehe, I see you figured out the hover codes for the tabs (Username, Indy Art etc)

For the small links (tag me, tags etc) :

Quote:
#sections a:hover {color: #***} /* affects the font colour of sections' drop menu too. Therefore; */
#sections li ul a {color: #*** } /* changes font colour of sections' drop menu */

For 'Browse Scans' under Popular Scans: (isn't purple and blue for me, btw, maybe it's the member skin you're using lol)

Quote:
#content .more {background:#****** ; color: #****** }
#content .more a {color: #****** } /* change colour of the link aka 'Scans' */

For the small numbers beside the tabs (Username, Indy Art etc):

Quote:
#tabs span {color: #****** }

Note that you may have to add !important to some codes to overwrite the default CSS. :)

Have I got everything? I know there's more than the original write-up @_@

P.S. lol Tsuyutsuki, you always use such huge headers. xD

tsuyutsuki

tsuyutsuki

The comeback (?)

loI, I love huge headers! They add more color to the page XD
I'm sorry to say, but just the first two codes worked... the "browse scans" didn't. Could it because I am using a different skin? ._.

But truth is I think I didn't explain it properly when it comes to the tabs. The dropdown menus are ok, and so is the tab coloring. The problem is that when I hover over the small buttons the light blue thingy pops back again.
And on the tabs, the writing is light blue while they are selected.

Would you like to see the codes I have? Maybe I have to change them?

merged: 01-02-2012 ~ 07:57pm

I think I found a problem. I wasn't being quite specific: The "browse scans" I want to change is this button here:

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/1073/kjhgfds.png

Signature

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

xDD the vector is indeed pretty~
lol! It was indeed a misunderstanding xDD. I thought you meant the ones at the bottom of the scans bit pffft.

Here;

Quote:
.div-notes {color: #****** }
.div-notes * {color: #****** } /*for some reason, this changes the link text, not 'a'. Bizarre~ */

Yeah, some of the colours you're seeing are different, because of the member skin you're using. But it's a small matter~
The light blue thingy needs another code, lemme check mine~ ...Ah, the text color can't be changed. u_u The background can be though

#sections li:hover {background: #**** }

Hope I helped!

tsuyutsuki

tsuyutsuki

The comeback (?)

You helped more then I could have asked for. *-*

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

bumping this thread for visibility.

Signature Image

page 4 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 93 total items

Back to Userpage Customization | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.