Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Please tell me, how is it? - Minitokyo

Please tell me, how is it?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Hello art mentors I made a Complete a vector, basicaly my first vector and show it my friend TheCompiler and ask him that "Is my vector is good enough to upload it here in MT and he advised me if I'm worried about it then I'd better make a thread in sandbox so,I make this one
Now please tell me how my vector is it?
If I did any mistake then tell me how to fix it.
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b637/Haru-no-sakura/pikavector2copy_zps6c3f9ce4.jpg?t=1369324376
this is my vector, I trace a screenshot of a pokemon's episode
here is the direct link for better view Pika in pool
Please tell me, How is it?
(Note-Haru no sakura is my username in Photobucket so, don't get confused)

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

At first glance, it doesn't look bad but I have to ask what program/tools did you use for vectoring this?

Your lines need to be improved - right now they're still too wonky and uneven and curvy lines are not curvy enough. There are also some heavy jpeg artifacts visible all over the image (those pixelated, blurry things around Pikachu's eyes and in the red portions of the image) so since vectors are supposed to look clean and crisp, you might want to save these images under bigger quality options - 70 or higher.

Signature

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

I use Photoshop 7 for this and After I saw the eyes in PS then I remember that, I use outer glow effect but now I discard its use.Please tell me can I upload this here If yes then in which categary, I mean in wallpaper or as an indyart?

Signature Image

Shikniful

Shikniful

Digital Artist

if you want the curvy line look good then try draw it fast rather than trace it slowly, of course you cant make it right in one go just keep ur hand on Ctrl + Z that way you can arm the curvy line better.

Check my site for more art~

Pixiv: http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=4565869

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Quote by Shiknifulif you want the curvy line look good then try draw it fast rather than trace it slowly, of course you cant make it right in one go just keep ur hand on Ctrl + Z that way you can arm the curvy line better.

Uhh, vectoring curvy lines has very little to do with speed; instead it depends on the amount and distribution of anchor points made by the Pen Tool in PS.

Right now, I think you should still work on improving those lines a bit and on the quality of the overall image. When you save your image as JPG, always use 'Save For Web' and don't go below the 70 quality. As for vectoring the lines, use Pen Tool. If you need good tutorials on how to work with it, let me know and I'll link you to some.

Your work also goes to the Indy Art section since it doesn't have a necessary quality for a Wallpaper and it's a bit too small for most wallpaper resolutions that are being used today.

Signature

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Hey I made another vector with a lot of practice and with instructions of a tutorial that Alenas-san provided me here is it
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b637/Haru-no-sakura/azusa_zps4c5aff35.jpg
Now Please tell me, how is it?

Signature Image

Shikniful

Shikniful

Digital Artist

Look good though you forgot the chest area so it kinda look empty

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Quote by ShiknifulLook good though you forgot the chest area so it kinda look empty

I didn't forget about chest but I don't like to made her busty (hate ecchi) so, do you have any advice for it?

Signature Image

Shikniful

Shikniful

Digital Artist

Even with flat chest when she lying like that the chest part will get push up. The way she draw in the origin have prefect line actually, when it far apart like that it show her flat chest more if it big it usually go like this
Swimming in the coral reef

so dont worry about it being busty

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

The second vector looks good! There's some overlapping between the hair and skin though, on her left hand (the hair is supposed to go behind the hand).

The chest area looks OK to me, but maybe you can add a small triangle of shadow at her cleavage - you know, to give depth, not necessarily to make her look busty. Flat chests do get pushed up, but there's a limit to that too ^_^"

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Shikniful

Shikniful

Digital Artist

Quote by pandemonium91The second vector looks good! There's some overlapping between the hair and skin though, on her left hand (the hair is supposed to go behind the hand).

The chest area looks OK to me, but maybe you can add a small triangle of shadow at her cleavage - you know, to give depth, not necessarily to make her look busty. Flat chests do get pushed up, but there's a limit to that too ^_^"

no the hair part actually right, her hair on top of her hand so it look like that just check the origin draw it look clearer around that part

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Quote by Shiknifulno the hair part actually right, her hair on top of her hand so it look like that just check the origin draw it look clearer around that part

Not really, it cuts off too abruptly. I suppose it can work, but it still looks awkward to me and would probably need more shading to look natural. Also, Shubham never provided the original image.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

GloriaChan

GloriaChan

*-_Moments Of Love_-*

Your Pika in pool vector is Low Quality, you should repaint it I think. I can see a bit of Noise near the outlines. You should try to smooth the lines, the are a bit rough. Anyway, nice try :3
Your second vector about K-On is much better, I like how you vectorized the eyes, they are very colorful. I like it.

Shikniful

Shikniful

Digital Artist

Quote by pandemonium91

Quote by Shiknifulno the hair part actually right, her hair on top of her hand so it look like that just check the origin draw it look clearer around that part

Not really, it cuts off too abruptly. I suppose it can work, but it still looks awkward to me and would probably need more shading to look natural. Also, Shubham never provided the original image.

here the original image
K-On!#558201

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.