Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Choose Your Champion - Minitokyo

Choose Your Champion

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Serated

Serated

Tinkerer

Love this title.

Okay MT, I need a little help. I've been working on this wallpaper on and off for a year, and I think it time to kick it out there.

Here's the thumbnail of the design idea:
http://www.yinyanganime.com/intgfx/Choose-Your-Champion.jpg

And here is the scan that is acting as my inspiration and loose guide:
Here

The plan I have is a domed room, with a hallway. Using the 7 statues of the servants in the scan, adding in the 7 servants from Fate/Zero standing before them awaiting you to pick one. I've been drawing ideas from the scan and building like the Hagia Sophia.

MT, I would like a bit of advice before I begin plunging in a bunch of time.
I have a scan of each character (7 characters), but I want to apply my own lighting and textures to the overall wallpaper. Should I vector each character and the make my own lighting work, or just extract them and manipulate them?
Should do this in Illustrator first, or just all in Photoshop?
Is there anything I should use that will help keep a bit of cohesion to the overall composition?

Thanks for any replies, will be busy~

Aiira

Linguistics

Aiira

SOON..

I think vectoring each character would add depth and detail to them. Now I know these mentioned characters might have a chance in just blending in, so I really think at least vectoring the characters would be a better choice. Now I know how hard vectoring each character would be, it is up to you for the final decision. Also I think using an illustrator first would be better and complete the whole wallpaper and the whole touch in Photoshop.

Though I'm no expert in wallpapers. I hope my "advice" is quite up to point. >.<

GOOD LUCK AND I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR WORK :D

Signature
CHERISH yesterday
DREAM tomorrow
LIVE today

Kurorisa

Kurorisa

Zero Squadron

that's one heck of a job you did there but the perspective looks great!
if you feel confident that you can extract them and manipulate them well, then why not? vectoring takes way too much time although it's easier to choose the colors since you can always change them to your liking. but if you think vectoring will put better results, it's up to your choice.
as for software, it depends on the people really. if you're used to illustrator which is definitely a better program for vector then go ahead. you can use photoshop for manipulating the lighting and touch-ups after that. I mean I'm not used to Ai so I prefer doing them all in Ps. but again it depends on you.

I know I'm not much of a help though orz, but good luck and I'm definitely looking forward to this! also, it'll be nicer if you make the servants bigger so they're on the spotlight of the wall. I mean they are waiting to be chosen after all~

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.