Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is this wall(pixiv) acceptable? - Minitokyo

Is this wall(pixiv) acceptable?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

So, yesterday I made an ava using this tutorial(found it in pandemonium's sig) and then added text. And I liked it! So I thought why not make a wallpaper just like that? :P
And so I did. I used the full view of the scan and after a few more layer manipulations, this was the result:
http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/845/e0ti.png
and also another version using Orial font instead of Arial.
(that white space to the left serves two purposes: The scan had the white space too, so I saved myself the efforts to try to extend the scan by painting or something which would have failed anyways. And secondly, it makes space for important desktop icons which will be more visible than other ones placed elsewhere. I always have trouble finding those icons >.<)

Oh, and I used this scan to make it:
Pixiv Girls Collection 2012#613028

Soooo...
1) Is a wallpaper using a pixiv scan found on mt acceptable? I see there are few walls using pixiv scans on mt
2) Is it of acceptable quality? Any suggestions?
3) Which one is better? The one with Orial font or Arial? At first I thought Arial would look better but now I'm confused >.<

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Re: the scan itself, yes, even though it is Pixiv, as long as it has been published it is acceptable in our gallery. Since you used the scan from the gallley it should be acceptable in that respect. As far as quality, you'll have to wait on some wallers' opinions. :)

Signature Image

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

I suppose that in terms of quality, it's more or less acceptable, although I gotta say that that resolution is really...awkward and not many people would be able to use it properly since it's pretty small as it is and people mostly use widescreen monitors nowadays. So yeah, in terms of usability, I'm not too sure about it. Right now, it looks better as an avatar, tbh.

Signature

@firefly san: Thank you. It's good that we can use pixiv scans. They're already so well-made xD

@Alenas san: oh well, the ava was square, so I was searching for a more or less square resolution acceptable on mt and this was acceptable and I wanted to make a bigger wallpaper for once.. though you say it's small -.-' But hey, it's at least bigger than my earlier ones ^^; And I can't increase its size because the scan itself was more in height than width and mainly because I'm lazy anyways -.-
Next time I'll refer to a sig for a wall so that it becomes widescreen. Thanks for the suggestions you two, though I can't make it any wider ^^;
So I don't think any more suggestions are coming. So I'll submit the wall now. Thread can be closed.

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.