Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Head Shot Wallpapers - Minitokyo

Head Shot Wallpapers

This thread is pinned.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Kitaan

Retired Moderator

Kitaan

Revival

When posting a head shot of a character there really isn't much else to be seen,
they don't contain much of a background and for these reasons we're now pushing them over
to Indy Art. If the piece looks more like it's highlighting your vectoring skills then it now belongs over there.

I'll go ahead and use some examples from our lovely staff and members:

On my own by Yuki-k
On my own by Yuki-k

Bloody Eye by Bad--Girl
Bloody Eye by Bad--Girl

Attack! by Morrow
Attack! by Morrow

Now as you can see all these wallpaper sized arts showcase very close images
of the character/characters, much of the background isn't visible and it looks more like
we're looking to see the vectoring quality than an actual wallpaper as a whole.

Examples of what doesn't belong in the Indy Art

Midnight Magic by Yamibou-Eve
Midnight Magic by Yamibou-Eve

And the Angel Sings by Yamionpu
And the Angel Sings by Yamionpu

rudeboy by Fran
rudeboy by Fran

In these we have a background visible, it brings the wall together and you aren't staring at just the face
of the character.

If you ever have a question or concern, not sure about something we'll be happy
to answer them all here in this thread. Happy Posting!

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Me approves of this \o/

Signature

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

Finally a solid rule!

Kit! you might also want to add this one to the list as considered wallpaper
Facing the Darkness by Valuna
Facing the Darkness by Valuna

Signature Image

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

I always thought art like the first three you listed belonged more to the Indy-Art section, glad to see there's a rule clarifying that sort of thing now Kit^^

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Thanks for taking the time to post this, Kitaan.

This is definitely a necessary thing, since it seems that members are unclear about what should be posted where when it comes to facial walls, and this is a great way to distinct between the two.

Signature Image

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

about time, that way you can equally show some love to the indy art section as well. since head shots are just...shots. like cb mentioned it helps with people uncertain about what's what, probably still going to be some moving around until people do figure it out too, but that's the joys of being in that department :) always something to do

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Yamibou-Eve

Tagger

Yamibou-Eve

brace yourselves

Well, hello there old wallpaper! o/

Anyway it's nice to have a rule for this, I approve.

Tags don't fix themselves or disappear just bc you removed them >> Report@Tag Administration | Tagging Practices | Tagging Guidelines
my-maidenclamp-a-holictag-liciousSignature Image

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Bumping this again.

Signature

My Song by scorpedo
My Song by scorpedo

This is one good picture that shows how to make close up pictures as wallpapers that have what it needs to be outstanding even if it isn't an overly intricated piece of art. If you're trying to create such a picture, you need to find something to center it around. Simple screenshots don't have that, they're like photos taken with a run-of-the-mill camera. You can sing its praise as much as you want, but it won't be long before you delete them to make room for new ones. It is for that reason, that it's difficult to pull it off well, because where on a wallpaper which has all the elements on it, everything stands on the closeup of only one. So to make it good, you need to consider what makes the scene a screencap is supposed to show extraordinary. That's why they're so rare.

Also, this should be called close up wallpapers or something. Headshots are, you know, headshots. :P

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

This thread is currently tagged as Closed since much information has already been given that basically describes much of everything. Should anyone have specific questions, please direct them to the Gallery Mods, or any Mod in this thread or on the Mod listing. We will get back to you ASAP, you may use the sandbox at any chance you get as well, where the best feedback can be provided to you within grounds.

Thanks.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.