Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Celestia Wallie - Minitokyo

Celestia Wallie

page 1 of 1 11 total items

404UserNotFound

404UserNotFound

Bye Bitch

Just wanted some feedback on the unofficial version of this wallpaper. (credits posted below it)
http://fav.me/d6ty6xz

So what do you think? should I change it? if so what should I change?
or should I just abandon the project because there is no hope in it

I'm gon' be straight with yall. I ain't coming back here.

Try changing the Background and add more color to the character, everything's so black so it makes it to plain but you can try messing around with it and if it doesn't work or it doesn't feel right you can abandon it.

Signature

404UserNotFound

404UserNotFound

Bye Bitch

I've thought about that and tryign to fix the texture as well because when zoomed in you can see it's texture is very different from everything else x.x

Blue-Latte

Blue-Latte

Curious Dreamer

The colors look fine, but I think it needs textures and perhaps.. some typography on the left side because it looks kinda empty. :)

Signature

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

She's sitting on the moon? if she is, the the moon should be more noticeable :P
Also the stars are too bright >w< the distract too much.

Signature Image
This day we fight!

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

The idea is neat and the colors are okay but yeah, some things need some tweaking:

- if you want to make it seem like she's sitting on the moon, try moving her more to the left, so she's sitting on the top of that portion of the crescent (where her right leg/shoe is right now). That way I think it'll look more like she's sitting on the moon because yeah, right now, it looks like she's just floating there, lol.

- did you use some kind of filters on the character? Looking at the original scan, it's not so textured and smudgy/murky in places so the way it is now, it looks a bit low in quality and clashes with everything else in the wall. There are other ways to get rid of the noise of the scans like using denoising programs or other filters in Photoshop (median, blur) and playing with blending modes. Some extraction issues are also still visible, despite the blurred edges.

Signature

404UserNotFound

404UserNotFound

Bye Bitch

@xangel: which stars? the sparkles or the glitter swirls?
And thanks for all of your feedback I'm working on it again~

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

The sparkle ones :3

Signature Image
This day we fight!

404UserNotFound

404UserNotFound

Bye Bitch

I updated it, not sure if I have the texture on celestia down though but I think she looks a lot more like she's on the moon
http://fav.me/d6ty6xz

and for xange'ls argument here it is without the sparkles
http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y363/TC-Disasteress/celstiawallprojectnosparkle_zpsa9f91efd.png
and for reference here is the original since it was replaced
http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y363/TC-Disasteress/celstiawallproject_zpsae655641.png

I'm paranoid that I screwed it up somehow

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

I like with no sparkles :3 looks good

don't be paranoid about screwing up stuff, that's a good way to learn x.x

Signature Image
This day we fight!

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

The sparkles look kind of bad. They take away the focus and spread it everywhere.

- As for having her on the moon. I think the moon should look more "cartoon-like". It has a bit too much realism and at first, I got the idea that it was orignally a round moon. There have been many images of a quarter moon where the dark part is cut out. Celestia needs to be moved a bit more "on" the moon...she is still more in front of it.
- The render looks awfully blurry here and there and the colors are off/odd. Did you do something to it? If yes, put all effects on the render to nothing. It is better to work like that to get the colors and quality right. Do it as the last thing since it is just a final touch.
- Perhaps you want to move Celestia a bit more in the middle or enlarge her if the render was originally bigger. A good composition of the main element does half the work.
The swirls should be more around her instead of going off screen. It would do justice to the overal composition. Because they're like lightbulbs in the dark, they can take off the focus very -easily- so beware. It's best to use them around your main element and let it fade from the rest.

Working with black & white needs a lot of work. It is more difficult aswell because you need to be able to play with the -contrast- in such way, that it still looks amazing when you set the wallpaper entirely to black & white.

The idea is nice...but...if you're up for it. I do have a suggestion that would work for your whole wallpaper. But it would need a bit more skill and to scratch all you have done so far. The elements you have used will still be in it. It's just my own twist that I think would work very nicely. Because it is anime art, it is difficult to blend it in with realistic things, therefore, you are able to use vector shapes. In Photoshop, it would work by just having the circle shape used. You can make the clouds (I think you only needs 2 or so, make the clouds whole. Make the moon by deleting or masking the empty part (to delete, you would need to rasterize it. Put everything more in the middle, the moon a bit smaller. the cloud just in front of her and a little in front of the moon. You can use/make stars in the background with a soft brush 1-5 px and dotting them in. You should be able to put the card symbols underneath the actual whole image if you'd like. it should fit. for the clouds, get circle shape, press shift and just circle away in a cloud-like shape. Set up transparency to your taste.

You can add the sparkles, textures for the moon and such later on. Hope it helps and you atleast get a clearer idea of how you want to execute it. I personally think you should be using cartoon/artsy background elements because of the render's style.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.