Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Work from Pixiv no longer allowed - Minitokyo

Work from Pixiv no longer allowed

Tagged under Pixiv

This thread is pinned.

page 5 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 112 total items

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

@joylyn: like kayura said, technically, when you scan a DVD cover/ artbook, it's still copyright infringement. However, my view of it is that if it's printed (in the case of fanart from pixiv or somewhere, an artbook for example), then at least the original artist intended it to be seen and distributed through printed means (and it is sold, thus they made money off it), whereas if they upload the digital version on say pixiv (or devART for example), they only want to display it and not have it distributed. It's a fine line, and no, scanning it and uploading it doesn't make it any more or less legal (because technically, only the printing company has the rights to distribute really) but I think it's more of a morality/politeness thing really.

As for can you upload the digital version if you have the print version and don't want to scan it etc, I'm not a scan mod, but I think it's just easier to scan the artbook if you can to make organization easier. Meaning that we can tell it's actually from an artbook (ie the image has been published), and exactly where it's from, as Japanese artists don't usually sign their work.

@davidfoxwv: while I see your point about the "ivory tower", I don't really see how it has to do with this decision, considering it was pixiv who has asked us to take down stuff from their site, and I don't see why we would say no to their request.

But in general, yes MT has a "narrow focus" as you put it; it's not an imageboard like Danbooru is, therefore, it's not going to have the same functions and rules as an imageboard. So people who have come looking for an imageboard are in the wrong place, and are probably better off at Zerochan or Danbooru. I don't think MT's goal was ever "keep everyone who comes happy", while that part is good to have and important, we do have to have rules, just like everywhere else, to keep order. These "dissatisfied customers" you seem to talk about are probably in the wrong shop.

I'm liking this decision very very much. I'm glad minitokyo (or rather, pixiv) decided to take action regarding this. I see no reason to disagree with the mods on this.

umum^^
i got~

DOOOODY

DOOOODY

Doody Tco

Thanks for telling us

Forget your Pain and Smile :)

oh My, that's very sad T_T

The witch does not use her Magic on her self, because she knows The Emptiness That follows when The Spell Breaks

Thank you for the news, i didn't knows about this, is a bit unfortunate; but... there is nothing we can do.

thank for news - -

This is my deviantart
Signature Image

belson

belson

Monitoring for your mom!

There goes all of my wallys......

something tells me that others will put the same thing up, and call it something else.

Strike105X

Strike105X

ヒットハード&高速

The only problem i have with this is that if the author of the said image uploads the pic on a completely different source (say his site among others), it still falls under the pixiv agreement even if the source is not pixiv :P, which shouldn't count in such a case.

Signature

its like minitokyo vs pixiv....

that's too bad...

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

Bumping this up

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

MiMi

MiMi

~*Luka Megurine*~

this is ACTA's conspiracy! It's starting with MINITOKYO! NO TO ACTA!

XDDDDDDD LMAO isnt this like some political issue.. ?

Signature Image
Owner of: cafe-tb vocaloid2 hetalia-axis-powers sunrise-fans //join - celestial-luminessewings-lovers anime-fans-united

lol yeah my new made FIRST wall got deleted cause of that *sob* :( but now i know thats wat you get for being inactive :P

Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Bumping for effect!

Signature Image

page 5 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 112 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.