Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 help with a wallie? - Minitokyo

help with a wallie?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

hey guys i suddenly had this idea and i want some help with the guy and some tips for the wing
also where are the most blurry/pixelated/horrible parts?

fairy him

also how can i make his hair some sort of fire-like?

Signature

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

Hmm I barely can see ~.~ you don't have a lil bigger version?

Signature Image
This day we fight!

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

i don't know why it was the thumbial again =.= in my link if i ever put the wrong size again just change the s144 part for s2560 and the pic will resize i had changed that dang D: sorry don't know why it always end up happening meh

fairy him

Signature

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

I have difficulty determing what side he is facing not looking at the wings so much as they are normally in the back. So, I have a problem with the compositioning. It tends to be really difficult to create a wallpaper that is flipped sideways, because it can be so confusing to "understand".

I suggest you somehow flip it 45 degrees and make it all stand straight. I'm sure you can improvise on filling the space! Not to mention that the wings really stand out, that they shouldn't be cut off on the sides. It should make a better overal impact that, instead of cutting it off, you make a great composition by centering it or putting the focus more in one spot, instead of scattered.

As for the guy's hair...what about just keeping a silhoutte and flowing his hair over into fire? You will have to manually create the fire by painting, but it should look pretty nice. It shouldn't be a too much fire though.

I will judge the quality itself a bit later as I can't really see the actual size well on a phone. Let's see what you can do with this first. Good luck ^^

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

he is looking up and in here he is somehow doing a back flip, it was my intention to 'cut' both the guy and the wings as to only give part of the full image. As in he is pratically a black shape while the wings are made of sparkles as if they were not supposed to fit together but doing so anyways, as some sort of yin-yang
i'll have to do some fire-hair research to see how i can fit it there i'll try to keep his hair short lol

Signature

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Problem with the "backflip" concept is that there is no sign of any flow or motion to make it look like a backflip. That is why you need more space to create the motion you want.

For example, when you see a car in motion, you "need" to see the surrounding area to notice that the car is in motion. If you zoom in too far, you wont see or notice any motion, it's standing still as your eyes make it look like it. Difference with a picture is, that it is a 1 frame shot of a moment, but those little "laws" still apply as we humans have some type of set imagination to see or notice motion in it.

Aside from that, I forgot to mention that there should be some lighting on the guy on the back from the wings as they are sparkly. Otherwise it looks a little bit pasted on or in the back. The lines you currently have aren't bad but I can't decide if it is the light from the wings or somewhere else because it isn't making much sense.

The fire hair, I meant it like...flames. You know, if you look at how flames are based on as an image, it is just like taking the flow of the hair and set it "ablaze" near the ends/tips. At the least, that's how I imagine it could fit really nicely.
perhaps making it all move to the bottom left side could work to add motion to it (imagine long hair or ribbons moving through the air (wind)as you move and where they would move to)

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

don't know if you'll call me stubborn but i really want to keep his position like that as this was the prime ideal of the wallie
i did some more blending and tried to put his hair on fire lol and i feel like putting all of him on fire XD so should i keep on
firing him up
or not?

Signature

Redwyn

Redwyn

#SJW apparently

The sparkles makes it way too busy. I agree withe Valuna about the space thing. You can crop out the guy but make the wings whole and add some more space after that so it won't be awkwardly centralized.

#likethat'sabadthinglol

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

i consider this wallpaper a finished project so you can close this topic thanks~

Signature

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.