Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Characters for tarot cards - Minitokyo

Characters for tarot cards

page 1 of 1 17 total items

orange-lisa

orange-lisa

Mina Color Art

Hi guys! I'm here to ask for your help: I'm working on a series of tarots with characters from various anime, but I am stuck on some cards 'cause I can't find any character that suits them. I'm favoring the series that I have seen, but maybe you can suggest me someone perfect even if I don't know the anime.

The tarots I'm missing are these:
THE EMPRESS
THE HERMIT
WHEEL OF FORTUNE
THE HANGED MAN
TEMPERANCE
THE TOWER

I will be grateful for any suggestions!

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

for the tower you could have someone from escaflowne and for the hanged ban what about Lelouch?

Signature

orange-lisa

orange-lisa

Mina Color Art

Quote by Daniellyfor the tower you could have someone from escaflowne and for the hanged ban what about Lelouch?

I've never seen Escaflowne, so I don't really know who to use.. As for Lelouch... I wanted him to be the Emperor...

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

U can use the main girl actually the tower card and tarot are highly used in the anime and it all revolves around the tower XD if I remember correctly Lelouch was cast aside and decided to get back the throne that belonged to him, but he turns into someone selfish and slowly goes away from his path it fits the reversed meaning of the hanged man card I didn't watch the second season but from villain he becomes the hero or something right then he goes back to the true meaning of the card

Signature

orange-lisa

orange-lisa

Mina Color Art

@Danielly
Thanks for your suggestion: I haven't thought of Lelouch in that way, but you're right. As for the Tower.. I will check Escaflowne.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

The Empress... maybe Suzumiya Haruhi?

I don't know too much about tarot cards/meanings, but she's the first character who popped into mind when I saw your list up top.

Signature Image

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

Empress = Tomoe from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
Hanged Man = Ganta Igarashi from Deadman Wonderland
Wheel of Fortune = Nagi Sanzennin from Hayate the Combat Butler

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

orange-lisa

orange-lisa

Mina Color Art

@Danielly: I'll definitely take Lelouch as the Hanged Man.
@fireflywishes: Haruhi will be a perfect Empress!
@akiranyo: thanks for your help, but... I don't really know Hayate the Combat Butler! I'll go search...

Thanks you all for the suggestions! I've made some changes in my cards. If anyone else wants to help me, now I'm missing:
THE EMPEROR
JUDGEMENT (if you want to say L... he is THE JUSTICE!)
THE HERMIT
WHEEL OF FORTUNE
TEMPERANCE

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

Nagi Sanzennin = According the anime richest girl in the world and in contrary to the main character Hayate, she has has a constant stroke of luck. Isn't she perfectly suited for Wheel of Fortune?

For the Hermit, probably Master Roshi from Dragonball, however I would not add him as long is a very old anime, and the art of hims works a bit comical novadays.

So my recommendation would be Leonardo da Vinci from Nobunaga the Fool
Nobunaga the Fool#641867

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

Wheel of fortune doesn't mean luck it means change, means a change in fate u cannot fight against so a character for this card should be like that, someone that faced a drastic change in his path maybe Kiba? He was the force that changed many destines with his attitudes and choices. Thinking about it he became a wheel of fortune for all the charts in the anime even himself (feels like watching Kiba again)

Signature

orange-lisa

orange-lisa

Mina Color Art

@Danielly:
You seem pretty well informed about tarots! Thanks for your help! Anyway... I'm trying to use characters that I know, only when I can't find nobody else to use, I choose someone from a series I haven't watched...
I'm watching Shingeki no Kyojin right now... what do you think of Eren as the Wheel of Fortune?

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

i participated in a tarot card challenge once here in MT, we were supposed to chose a tarot and one of our original characters, i had chosen the hanged man card haha so since then i've been quite familiar with a few tarot cards XD
i don't know this anime you mentioned, the last thing i watched was skip beat and since then i had no more time for anime of manga so i am completely outa dated sorry XD
kiba longed to change his destiny and whenever someone would tell him that things couldn't be Z but had to be Y he would go and do his best to get things into Z XD and his will and choices not only changed his destiny but the destiny of all the charas related to him, if you think Eren does something similar then she's good as well ^^

merged: 07-02-2014 ~ 12:10pm
Oh right but if u squint Kiba had already been predestined to do all that lol

Signature

LuluOokami

LuluOokami

Sir Lulu

THE EMPRESS I'd say Asuna from Sword Art Online or CC from Code Geass
WHEEL OF FORTUNE since you mention someone changing their destiny being what this card means my first thought was Naruto cause of how he was always working to change the fate everyone said he would have.
THE HANGED MAN Ganta from Deadman Wonderland

Hope this helps.

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution"

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

For the TEMPERANCE card, I suggest Ami Mizuno or Michiru Kaiou of Sailor Moon, either one of the two both symbolize the meaning of "temperance".

Signature

Blue-Crescent

Blue-Crescent

The Wandering Moonchild.

For Judgement, I suggest Yue of CCS. His complete name is Yue The Judge who happened to judge Sakura if she's worth to be the new master of the cards. ^^
For the Emperor, I suggest Ryuuki Shi of Saiunkoku Monogatari. I think Sesshoumaru of Inuyasha is quite fitted to it too. ^^
For the Temperance, I guess I can't think other than Fuu Hououji of Magic Knight Rayearth. She has a beautiful art by CLAMP too. ^^

" A mind full of bitter memories , a past drenched in sadness and watered with my tears,
A heart nurtured by the littlest spark of hope, a present fed by the wildest dreams,
A body scarred by the savage adversities, a future that holds the greatest uncertainties,
These are the deepest parts of my blue soul, armored and shielded by an indestructible fortress. " Signature

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

For the hermit, what about shaka or asmita from Saint Seiya, the hermit is wisdom and those characters are well known for that, other options could be Seijuro Hiko (rurouni kenshin), genkai (yu yu hakusho), clow reed.. x.x cant remember more suitable characters x.x

Signature Image
This day we fight!

orange-lisa

orange-lisa

Mina Color Art

Thank you all for your suggestions! You've really helped me!

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.