Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 help with cleaning up a scan? - Minitokyo

help with cleaning up a scan?

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

hey guys my scanner is acting up again and i wanted to upload a new doujinshi but i can't with the actualy pice and i don't know if i can clean the doujinsh with photoshop without losing quality and colors, could someone help me? is there a way to save this piece?
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-9mABEmwY10I/U8LUAuTk6EI/AAAAAAAAHFA/UkYx3sMhHuQ/s1440/mermaid.JPG

Signature

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Looks pretty nice with the horizontal lines, almost like it's drawn on wood *shot because unhelpful*

Try using the Dodge Tool on Range: Highlights and 20% Exposure to clean it up a bit. It usually does the trick for me when I have dust on images and can't use the Clone Tool.
I'd recommend playing with the Exposure percentage a bit. Going too high usually results in a burned image. Also switch to Midtones and Shadows and see what those do for your image.

This is what I was able to get with a combination of Dodge Tool: Highlights (20% Exposure), Sponge Tool: Desaturate 100% (around her) and Dodge Tool: Midtones (80% Exposure). Unfortunately, you'd be better off using the Clone Tool on the drawn parts.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

I like it with the lines tbh, it gives a pretty texture xD
Another method you could try is using the spot healing brush tool :3.

Signature Image
This day we fight!

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

but would it be accepted here with those lines?
the drawing is so much cuter without them D: (my humble opinion lol)
i'll try to follow your advice when i have time again ~ thanks for the help ahaha
i hope it will work D:

Signature

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

Yes as it doesn't seem as a scan error at all xD
But its up to you, if want it without the lines is ok too :3

Signature Image
This day we fight!

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.