Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 basic Wallpaper alright? - Minitokyo

basic Wallpaper alright?

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Heya, wanting to post a Wallpaper i developed and i am new to posting here and i am unsure if this would be alright..
In my opinion i feel that it lacks ina a few things but i can not pick it out..
Any Help would be appreciated Thank you.

Scan :
One Piece#652597

Stock images i used were a pack on Deviant Art which i used for the background, unfortunately can not recall where i got it..

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/armogedon/LuffyBlueseaxreddestruction.jpg

Kurorisa

Kurorisa

Zero Squadron

in my opinion, Luffy feels a bit out of place because his and the bg colors are totally different so it's not blending well (aka don't match together) as a wallpaper.
you might want to try finding a background scan to fit, or maybe play the colors and text to help.
you can find some references to help you of course :D

sometimes putting texture layer above luffy then play the blending (reduce the opacity and such) might help! just try some effects to get a better result :)

Signature Image

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Agreed with Kurorisa: a texture layer above Luffy would solve the issue of him being too shiny to match the background.
I'd also work on the contrast of the render; as he is, his pants stand out too much because there's nothing else blue in the image.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

Not sure if heavily textured grunge background are your best bet for the simple character art of One Piece. Also the quality of the textures is rather low, probably due the lower resolution compared the wallpaper itself.
If you want go with current setting, chose a simpler red (or red-blue) brick wall with minimal textures and pirate themed graffiti. And yes, he needs a shadow, obviously.

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.