Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What sense could you live without? - Minitokyo

What sense could you live without?

page 1 of 1 16 total items

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

If you were told you had to permanently give up one of your five senses, which one would you give up?

And, conversely, if you were told you had to give up four of your senses, which one would you keep?

Please explain reasoning for choices.

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

This is difficult!

I suppose I'd give up taste. being able to see the world and hear what's going on around me are too important to lose. Smelling and touching are also important. Taste I could give up, because then I could eat anything I wanted. XD

For the second one, I think I would keep sight. I love color and think that would be the thing I'd miss the most if I had to immediately relinquish one of my senses.

Signature Image

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

As for me, I'd probably give up my sense of smell, if only because I'd never have to smell bad breath or stinky feet in my life again....really, though, I tend to be more adversely affected by bad smells than positively affected by pleasant smells. -_- Not to mention my allergies are so bad, I can barely smell most of the time anyways...

But I would keep sight every single time. While I could theoretically feel my way around without sight, I'm fairly certain I would manage to fall into a hole. And driving would be a nightmare without being able to see. In seriousness, though, I'm such a visual person that I think I would be depressed if I couldn't see all of the beautiful colors and things around me. :(

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

evelluchia

evelluchia

Lu-Lu the friendship officer

ide say taste for my sence to loose but for the other option i wouldent be able to say sight would be the main one ide keep i guess

??????
Signature
become a member of minitokyos newest happy family HERE
join the group web site HERE

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

I'd probably give up the Sixth Sense. It wasn't even that good of a movie.

I'm just kidding, I've never seen it :o

Buuuuut, I'd probably give up touch... It feels like the one I'd miss the least. If I can't feel something, I won't have to worry about it o.o
Aside from the obvious downside of not knowing if I was injured, all the other senses are much more appreciated.

If I had to keep only one? Sight. I cannot do without seeing all the beautiful things life has to offer.

Signature Image "I know I'm not strong, but I'm cute!"- Italy, Hetalia: Axis Powers

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

Common sense. oh wait i don't have that anyway.
Smell is the one I'm most likely to give up, if I had to. Since I can get headaches and stuff from strong alkaline smells and all. ...though in the event of a gas leak, well. Yeah, taste would be the wisest to give up, survival necessities-wise, wouldn't it? lol I'm too petty to, though, I like flavours too much. ((How else can I savour Asian food D: I can do without smelling Durian, in that line of thought.))

Sight I guess I would want to keep the most, since a lot of what I do/like to do is sight-dependent. Life would be rather lacking without that.
Damn I would miss touch lots though. And hearing, but I've lived a good part half-deaf anyway.....
Anyway.

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

I would give sight, because is the one that I use the most XD, and it would be challenging to see things in other perspectives, or as many say with the eyes of your soul XD. Also I would be able to intesify all of my other senses which I'm sure I have not explored them completely.

I would keep touch, you can sense a lot of things when you touch something and it connects to you and feel its surface, textures, etc...

Signature Image
This day we fight!

z827

z827

UnholyDarknessZ

Taste - since it wouldn't affect your ability for survival.

Losing the ability to see , hear , smell and touch ( feel pain etc. ) can be pretty... dangerous.
Then again , losing the sense of taste is almost always associated with the loss of the ability to smell =.=

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I could probably live without touch, since this one tends to get me into trouble the most, I rather like my sixth sense and would try my best to keep that one without a doubt ! although taste sounds like something more comforting to give up, since I could go without that one for sure, although, it would be disappointing when someone tries to explain the taste, but on the bright side I could eat things I didn't like and win a lot of eating contest of weird things ;) although the sense of smell...it boils down to the sense of smell, since I have allergies I could survive far longer without smelling :D

the sense I would keep would be seeing or hearing, these two I couldn't give up, I couldn't surrender my sixth sense, so I suppose I would give up hearing, after all, I can hear in my head and I'm never lonely there ;) but I could use other methods to read and play online, but being unable to see would get boring after awhile and I would go further insane because my eyes are required with my profession.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

Sight, because I don't do anything with my eyes, I don't need them much, well except for studying and working.. anyway they make me see things that don't exist, it's bothersome in some ways, so if I lost them, I could survive well, even if I was alone.

Losing 4 senses sounds scary :S Can't choose just one sense.. I think I'd keep touch, or hearing probably? I'm not sure..

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

difficult!
i would give up the taste,for i would need to see the one i love,listering , talking and touch him.
the main one i would keeo is the sight i guess,this is really important to me~~

http://www.robustbuy.com RobustBuy is a top choice B2C e-commerce site worldwide. Accessible in more than 200 countries, we provide consumers with high-quality products and services at the most competitive prices.

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

Definitely give up hearing. The world is so noisy, often I wish I actually were deaf.
I also wouldn't mind giving up smell. It's a useless sense anyway >.>

If I could only keep one sense then, sight. Because then I can still watch anime (and read subtitles).

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Usagi lives without common sense.
I would most likely do without sense of touch, every other sense can give me a rough idea, touch often causes me more problems personally than any other sense lol
I'll also keep sight.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

I'd give up smell too maybe.

I need taste because i LOVE food! There's so much things i wanna try eating from all over the world!
I love being able to see things. Also because i draw anime...
Touch is important to me because it make me feel...alive i guess. Feelings thing and different textures.
I love listening to music and hearing things. I learn better by listening too.

Tower Reaching Heaven
Signature

taste I don't really need it as hate the taste of most foods

lalagirl211

lalagirl211

BELIEVE In YOURSELF!!!

Uhhm maybe my sense to see bcus i think the best thing of the world is unseen.

This World Is Wrong . . .

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.