Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Backgroud advice please - Minitokyo

Backgroud advice please

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Redwyn

Redwyn

#SJW apparently

ISHOULDBEDOINGMYASSIGNMENTSBUTFLUCKIT!

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/9997/NgCeOW.jpg

I'm pretty sure this looks ok but I feel like something is missing :/

Should I add text? Will it be too much?
Did I blurred the character too much? I should blur out the flowers too while I'm at it I think...right?
Once I resized it, it probably wouldn't look all that bad, no?

#likethat'sabadthinglol

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Some text directly over the boobs of the girl would be OK, though it has to be in tall, thin letters. Possibly silver.
IDK if the background fits, I'd go with something abstract, maybe a gradient or even a solid light gray. The dots/halftone is OK though.
The scan's way too overfiltered. It looks like it was originally 300x300px and you resized it up and fell in love with the Blur Tool. Definitely remove the blur o.o
And the edges of the flowers are grainy. You can try duplicating them, blurring the duplicate layer and setting its opacity to something like 60-65%.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Redwyn

Redwyn

#SJW apparently

OMG I WOULD NEVER RESIZE UP A SCAN! HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME OF SUCH DASTARDLY DEED?! DX
I HAVE PROOF YOU CRETIN ARRR!
Tearfish#596067

I wanted to blend it with the background a bit more. Originally I thought of a pure scenic wall (no halftone) but *shrugs* Gonna work on that blur again arrrrr!

#likethat'sabadthinglol

Blue-Crescent

Blue-Crescent

The Wandering Moonchild.

To be honest, Redwyn, my good friend. The image is really very cute but I think the girl is way too filtered. I think you can somehow sharpen it a little. Also, in my opinion, I think a background that has something to do with nature is good for the picture. She looks like a very shy girl yet pretty and her dress has very nice designs plus the flowers on her hair, she looks like a nymph to me. So I think, a background with bed of flowers or something related to nature will be great. ^^

But still, the decision is yours to make my dear friend. Good luck for the work and I'll be expecting to see the final output. ^^ Have a great day ahead!

" A mind full of bitter memories , a past drenched in sadness and watered with my tears,
A heart nurtured by the littlest spark of hope, a present fed by the wildest dreams,
A body scarred by the savage adversities, a future that holds the greatest uncertainties,
These are the deepest parts of my blue soul, armored and shielded by an indestructible fortress. " Signature

Redwyn

Redwyn

#SJW apparently

UPDATE!

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/1371/mQidyq.jpg

#likethat'sabadthinglol

Blue-Crescent

Blue-Crescent

The Wandering Moonchild.

Redwyn, my dear friend. Honestly, in my opinion, so far I love what you did with the colors. Her beauty has been accentuated! ^^
Now, I am excited what you will have for the background. ^^

" A mind full of bitter memories , a past drenched in sadness and watered with my tears,
A heart nurtured by the littlest spark of hope, a present fed by the wildest dreams,
A body scarred by the savage adversities, a future that holds the greatest uncertainties,
These are the deepest parts of my blue soul, armored and shielded by an indestructible fortress. " Signature

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

I very much a agree with Blue-Crescent on the setting for the background, but if done well...I guess anything could work out. I can see your dilemma, so I will help you out.

The horror; Normally, with realistic backgrounds. When you use a filter on part of the image that is NOT a texture to texturize some part, you need to place it on the entire image, not just part. If you do, which is your case; you should drop the realism and go for abstract instead. You can also get rid of the filter and try to blend her in the background properly.

My suggestion; I'm pretty sure if you make the filter sakura pink with a white background, it would already look much better. Even though, it will be very simple. Work from there, perhaps change the colours and add stuff. Besides those flowers around her just screams abstract, don't they?

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

LuluOokami

LuluOokami

Sir Lulu

It looks good and after you add the text part I am sure it'll look spectacular. Only difference I'd probably do is make the flowers different colors instead of just the one color.

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution"

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

WHO YOU CALLIN A CRETIN, PEASANT *swishes banhammer above head like the mighty Mjolnir*

TBH the scan is OK as it is in the source image, MAYBE blur along the edges of the skin/hair but just a bit and not over the lineart.
About the background: the building she's in front of just looks like a big lump of gray, that's why it's off-putting to me. Maybe a more organic background (more nature, less buildings) would work better. If you want to blend the scan with the background more, find a stock/source image with more red in it, preferably flowers (or add them yourself if you can).

As it is, it looks very much like an official wallpaper from Quilt, sans the flower shapes, ghosted girl and halftone.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Redwyn

Redwyn

#SJW apparently

Thank you for the feedback guy~

I can't really work on this wall right now but I hope to finish it within this year at least :P

#likethat'sabadthinglol

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.