Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Cyberbullying - Minitokyo

Cyberbullying

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Hakaru

Moderator, Tagger, Scanner

Hakaru

一緒に行こう

Quote: Cyberbullying is the use of information technology to harm or harass other people in a deliberate, repeated, and hostile manner. According to U.S. Legal Definitions, Cyber-bullying could be limited to posting rumors or gossips about a person in the internet bringing about hatred in other’s minds; or it may go to the extent of personally identifying victims and publishing materials severely defaming and humiliating them.

With the increase in use of these technologies, cyberbullying has become increasingly common, especially among teenagers.[3] Awareness has also risen, due in part to high-profile cases like the suicide of Tyler Clementi

Copied from Wikipedia.

i'm a victim of cyberbullying, what should i do?

Don't assume your dreams are just fantasy.
If you can imagine a world, believe in it...and dive in.
Signature Image

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Is the cyberbullying happening on a certain site/messaging program?
Can you block the person doing it?
When did this start? Is it a regular, sustained occurrence or does that person contact you rarely?
Do you have any hunches as to why they are bullying you?
What have you done so far?
What does your cyberbullying translate to: the person actively following you around with harmful comments, or something else (actions, threats)? Are they actively addressing you or posting/commenting about you (slander)?
Is the cyberbullying limited to words or has there been anything else as well?

Some possible solutions:
- talk to the staff about the bullying / report the person bullying you;
- do not reply to this person, remove their messages on sight;
- go on a hiatus or switch accounts.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Proxy, and many of them. All activated at the same time.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

If you want help, it is a good idea to let us know to what degree it is. Online only? Offline? Social media? Basically all that Panda said.

As a personal piece of advice. Don't let it get to you. As long as they don't or can't hit you in any way, you are always physically safe. Mentally, you have to stay strong. Try focusing on what really matters instead. It'll give you some distractions.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.