Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Encounter with a Stranger - Minitokyo

Encounter with a Stranger

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Redwyn

Redwyn

#SJW apparently

I like to pretend that I'm smart sometime. Using big words, but making not a lick of sense. I find it's perfectly satisfactory to bull**** my way through life. Maybe I got really good at it that a person I didn't really know a week ago told me that I'm really smart. It threw me off kilter for a moment. I didn't respond to that because that wasn't the question.

It keeps playing in my head over and over again now that I'm alone in my room. Honestly, I never really see myself as a smart person. People told me that I'm smart before -classmates, teachers, friends, etc- I never truly believe any of them. When my grades dropped so much that I'm barely hanging the last two years of high school, I'm convinced that every single one of them are liars. It's baffling how a compliment from a complete stranger be so different and impactful in a way that made me doubt my perception about myself.

Honestly I have no idea why it bothers me this much because as you all know, what strangers say don't matter or one thing or another and all that cream.

So, I'm trying to sort out my feelings about this. All I know right at this moment is that I'm keeping said stranger because she's good for my ego. I'm not sure how this relationship will develop. I hope it will turned into an easy going relationship as I like all of my relationship to be.

Has some sort of encounter(s) you had with a stranger (or once a stranger) ever left a deep and profound impact on you? Internet encounter(s) do count.

Was it a negative kind or was it positive?

Tell us your feels about it? Write a freaking essay about it if you like. In fact, I highly encourage it.

If you ever see the stranger again (even if said stranger is a stranger no longer. If it was a long time ago, let's say you still remember what he or she looks like) what would you say or do to him or her? Feel free to indulge in your fantasy to this question as long as it abide by the site's rule.

#likethat'sabadthinglol

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Quote: Using big words, but making not a lick of sense.

Spoiler (show)

http://i60.tinypic.com/1zydn9u.png

So the point of the OP is basically that people don't know what the word smart means. Understandable if you think about it, for a cesspool society where every man's 3rd cousin thinks his neighbor is an idiot, it's only natural for people to label everything as smart. I wouldn't get too concerned about school either as long as you have a game plan for what you want to do.

Idk about the whole encounter and impact part but I met practically everyone IRL who made some difference in my life. Traveled to the other end of the states, and other end of the world to meet them. Would give you numbers but looking at how much it cost me in total would ruin the evening (lol). Sadly you don't find friends like this these days and I haven't found anyone interesting yet since then, but I look for different things in people.
Hopefully your new friend isn't one of those people who likes to tell you they know everything about you (lol), the toughest part of encounters on the net is mostly how every person doesn't know context of what you say.

I actually did a small test the other day with everyone in Skype, telling them they can't see past what I put infront of them and out of 30 people, 22 implied I lied about something/they didn't know if they could confirm anything I told them. Draws very clear picture of attitude people generally keep when online!

The only recent happening that involves people in MT is when a person I knew needed help from another friend of mine so I invited them to a convo together, MT person ended up getting told by friend that she was going to sleep instead but actually she sat in convo room for around 10 mins and didn't leave. I tried to push for MT friend to ask question quickly but instead didn't, afterward got told I was being an asshole by her when convo ended. I was told by MT friend that I needed to ask if my other friend was free first before inviting, but MT friend never questioned why she sat in the Convo room for 10 mins even after saying she was sleeping, she actually didn't leave until MT friend kept prompting for her to sleep.
Not the most emotional or compelling story, but paint a picture of what the moral of the story is.
To me the only feelings I got is that people usually not aware of situation well enough, but not my loss so it didn't affect me.

Another happening but doesn't involve anyone from MT was that I told a person that I could get her help with publishing her paper she's writing since I know a person who has PhD in her course. Of course a PhD can help you with your paper right? Not affiliated with your Uni after all, outside source, who would know? But she told me instead that she rather ask someone else or she wanted to find other people instead.
To me, problem is I just gave her a person to talk to and saved her trouble of going out to find one, don't understand why she didn't just say ok and taken the extra opinion since it's still an opinion from someone who knows the course like the back of the hand.
People need too many safety nets these days like 'it's alright I got it' - 'you gave me a solution i was looking for but its alright i'll find another one'. Makes me wonder if they are next to be served in line, they say 'no it's ok' and walk to back of the line so the 300 people behind them can be served first.

Many examples actually, but I won't write all of them since only these 2 answer your situation. I wouldn't say strangers opinions don't matter all the time but it depends what your stranger does and who the stranger really is. Out of the 4 people involved in these 2 situations, only 1 I never met IRL, but the crux of both examples generally display the same issue but in different degree.

Can't answer last question since I met whoever I wanted to meet, and I believe people who you want to meet on a personal level shouldn't be common people or they should have something to offer you in any way.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

In my Real life: Strangers usually said that I'm a serious and intelligent person (yes they really says that) because in real life I'm way too shy to talk to strangers but as they became close to me they says that I'm actually a Fun loving and girlish person.
As an example I have an incident when my this year's school session began a new student came in my class who sat next to me at first he said 'Hey! Shivam are you always that serious and always concentrate that much in studies?' because my best friend who used to sit next to me didn't came first few days I was getting bored in school without talking with him so I thought it's better to concentrate in studies but now when that new student is my friend he says when we first met I thought you were a serious and study bug type of person but when I came to know you more you're a fun loving but girlish person..... We are now friends and now I can talk to him without hesitation.

In Internet especially here in MT people new people always thought that I'm a Girl T.T
Well I admit that my way of talking and my tastes are girlish but it doesn't mean that I'm a girl......
till now there are 5 members here who thought that I'm a female member and I don't mind it either but now whenever I met a new person here in MT I will also post that I'm Male because I know they'll misunderstood my gender again T.T
An incident of my above encounters is when a member post in SB that she's new and want some friends and when i added her and talked to her a little (2-3 days) and when she asks that tell her something about myself and my life and I tell her about my basic info and when she came to know that I'm a Male she was surprised and it made it laugh hard but also makes me embarrassed.

But I don't keep in mind what strangers say but many peoples says "First impression is the last impression"
so sometimes I also wonder that are they still thinks that I'm girl or I'm a serious study bug?

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

Yes, we all meet strangers in life, yet few of which affect us in a profound or meaningful way. However, it has been my experience that they who have meant the most to me have aided me in finding something or things within myself that needed a change, hence, in the process, spurred me to become a better individual. Once, in a city as densely populated as Houston, I met two strangers, quite a distance from my residence. Not but a few years later, one of the gentleman, having met me once again, decided to hire me to work for a company for which he was then working. There are two truths which he shared with me that many of us would be wise to remember and abide by, "Surround yourself with positive minded people," and "You have two ears and only one mouth, use them in those respective quantities." It is remarkable how we may meet people in our lives that mean so much to our practical development and may initiate such a positive change from within ourselves. What is important is that when we meet positive people to remember, that what is common among the best of them is that they encourage us to morph into a better person. It seems that their goal is to to aid us to move to a higher level and become what we perhaps never would have on our own, without their benevolent tutelage and guidance. What drives us as human creatures to become something remarkable, they who have positive effects on the others who we encounter? It is apparent that it is they who were once strangers, they who have put it upon themselves to serve others, are they, the blessed few who help us to make the most positive changes in our lives become reality. Perhaps seeing something within ourselves, a good foundation, a structure suitable for building, yet another who will follow them and carry about the task, the sublime duty of helping others when they are gone, they select us.

Yet, even though I now reside far from Houston, away from the international hub of activity there, I still see this stranger once per year and just before Christmas. We meet for lunch together there with two others who he also had such a positive effect on; for he was once a stranger to them as well.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.