Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wallpaper "Love couple" deleted - Minitokyo

Wallpaper "Love couple" deleted

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Edit:
Okay, my other Wallpapers will be unfortunately deleted, too. Ignore the thread :/

"Now matter how dark the night
morning always comes"
~ Lulu, FF X

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Hello there Sherry! I'm quite delighted that you want to be an artist on Minitokyo personally (I always am when people want). Don't worry about your English. I'm sure most of us would understand you, even if you used Google Translate.

There should be a message in your deletion PM that tells you why it has been deleted and possible suggestions.

The reason why bad quality wallpapers are not tolerated, is because Minitokyo always had a sense of quality and the most important part, our resources have increased exponentially.
If we weren't so strict, we wouldn't be any different from any other image submitting site and even accept the simplest of simplest pasting job in existance. From there, we have some quality rules.

Either way, it is most likely that your wallpaper was of bad quality. Don't feel bad! We were all kinda bad at graphics design at some point. Hard work and practice pays off nicely. It is not so hard to spice up your skills to an acceptable level on Minitokyo. We're free to help you out and give you the best advice from good judges or good artists.

I actually made a guide for walling some time ago. It is also stated on what we moderators look at when it comes to submitting wallpapers on MT (something you should give a look at). There is also another one that is a big help to different techniques' pros and cons. There are also many different tutorial links stated in them. Hope it helps out. If you have specific questions, please refer to the Sandbox for help.

>>> Click here for the Sandbox
>>> Click here for the basic walling guide
>>> here for the Step by Step guide

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Hi. I'm the one who deleted your wallpapers. It's nothing personal; like Valuna said, it had to with the overall quality.

These are the points that apply to all three of your wallpapers:
- bad composition: that means there is no logic to the way you placed everything. The elements (images, swirls, effects) are just scattered around. Collage wallpapers ARE allowed here at MT, you just have to find the right balance between chaos/scattered and good/cohesive. Look at the more recent wallpapers in the Collage gallery for examples.

- low quality images: you shouldn't normally use screencaps because they are blurry and pixelated (rarely does a screencap turn out good quality). If you really want to use a screencap, you can either paint or vector it...but that goes into advanced walling mode already. If you're up for learning, this tutorial by Nysha is a goldmine on getting started.

The Sandbox is a great place if you need help with walling.
I say you shouldn't give up. Took me a lot of trying to wall properly, but damn is it satisfying when you finish something and it comes out more amazing than you thought it would.

Feel free to PM either me or Valuna anytime if you have any questions :)

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.