Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What's an anime/manga that changed your life? - Minitokyo

What's an anime/manga that changed your life?

page 1 of 1 15 total items

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Every anime fan has that special series or movie that they try to get anyone to watch. Your memory may be the most terrible out there, yet whenever you come across the name of this series, you're instantly transported back to when you started watching it or when you were hit with that mind-bending plot twist.

For me, this anime movie was Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. I discovered it on a friend's computer while trying to get her speakers to work, and got it for myself after a while. I knew absolutely nothing about it before watching it, and it blew me away. The animation, the characters, the voices - and, of course, D himself got to occupy the Anime Crush pedestal for quite a while after that c: And of course I cried at the end, you don't even have to ask *still heartbroken*
After this, I went on to watch more anime and discover manga, so you can say it's part of the gateway into anime for me, along with Sailor Moon.

So, what's yours? What's your pick that had an impact on your life? Did it make you see certain things differently, or were you inspired to do something based on what you saw/read? Did you hate it but were still changed by it nonetheless?

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Hmm, for me it would be Cowboy Bebop.

I actually knew about it for a long time since I've started watching anime but for some reason, the 'cowboy' in the title was kind of off-putting for me because I was under the impression it was an anime reminiscent of old western movies, lol. Boy, was I wrong.
I finally decided to give it a chance about a few years ago, figuring all those awesome comments and high scores had to be worth something and I never regretted it; from the very first episode, I was hooked and wondering why on Earth I hadn't watched it before.

The animation was pretty old-school for the year I watched it in (think it was 2007 and the series is from 1998) but it was awesome, the plot and the characters were simply amazing, witty and actually had character and the soundtrack, oh, the soundtrack~ <3
It was the mixture of all those elements, plus Spike's philosophy on life, together with some other questions and ideas raised in it that completely blew me away. It's still one of the favorite anime shows I've ever seen and I like to re-watch it from time to time. Especially the last episode which is always just so lalsksdjfhfhgg for me every time.

So yeah, if someone's looking for some good plot, character development and humor, completed with awesome music (and hasn't seen this yet), I definitely recommend it. :D

Signature

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Nothing changed my life, but the most prominent one I like to mention in my free time is Death Note.

Basically it balls down to whoever is smarter is the winner. You can have all the titles you want to hold to your name and you can take all the action you want to take, but no matter how much appreciation and popularity you have around yourself, intentional or not, it doesn't mean anything in the game of Life if you don't have enough knowledge, a good enough head on your shoulders or good rationale behind your actions.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

Cirru

Cirru

Interstellar Force

Not sure about life changing, but there are those that stand out and make you think about life quite a bit. Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Appleseed, Gankutsuou, and X are the ones that come to mind. They each, in their own way, made me think about life and society, how we interact with each other, how companies and government bodies work together, and how various choices can impact for better or worse.

Clannad After Story. The storytelling is just too good and made me wonder what I have done in my life. It just lay the foundation slowly and by then I can relate some key parts of the story to actual situations in my life.....just too mesmerising :)

One Piece and Bakuman

personally,there are many animes that had a long lasting influence on me ..

the first one and one of the biggest impacts was Saint Seiya.... i immediately started to appreciate that anime since the first time that i've watched it
i've found these classy handsome characters in shiny beautiful armors so fascinating ....the athmoshere in these series epic and melancholic..the sad
background and dramatic lives of the characters quite moving..... i also liked the idea of a coexistence between mythological antiquity and modern present day world.......

saint seiya also describes how life can be cruel and full of machinations ...there is sometimes philosophical debates between protagonists and antagonists... but also talks about friendship,companionship,devotion, sacrifice ,honor and justice.

the second one is Berserk wich is also had a quite big impact on my vision on things...

berserk describes a corrupt dark world where evil have full power pretty much like other dark fantasy works like hellraiser.
i liked and admired Guts since the first time that i read the manga and later after watching the anime, for his courage and tenacity for having survived many many horrible situations... i also like his dark sense of humor which allows him to accept and confront a demonic world....
absolutely all negative aspects of life in berserk exists ,violence ,all turpitudes,political intrigues,survival,war,discrimination...etc.

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Pokemon, Cardcaptor Sakura and Digimon
all this anime gave me courage in the most sad and gloomy moments of my life.They gave me courage (Digimon), gave me power to smile(Cardcaptor Sakura), and inspiration to become strong (Pokemon)
mostly people thinks that Digimon and Pokemon are childish anime but I love them i can't just drop or avoid the one who gave me enough power to stand up on my feet again.
Also Sakura was (and still) my childhood crush, i fell in love with her since age of 5 ^^
and all other anime and manga gave me inspiration to draw and imagine my world

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

lalagirl211

lalagirl211

BELIEVE In YOURSELF!!!

Eyeshield 21 for not giving up easilly

This World Is Wrong . . .

fitarol15

fitarol15

*Karin-Koenig <3

Actually they are many!
i started with BLEACH And It really got me into it and Then Code Geass was Pretty Touching
And Now i'm watching Mobile Suit Gundam SEED HD Re-master And i liked it..it showed how to deal much in the war

"Ducunt Volentem Fata Nolentem Trahunt = Fate leads the willing soul, but drags along the unwilling one"
Signature

FadingLights2015

FadingLights2015

♫YukiClan♫

Like The Question Very Much,it's very clever..

But i only watch animies for fun.

"It's my duty as a guardian to protect Cross Academy, day and night."
-Yuki KuranSignature Image

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Quote by PresidentMillay1999Like The Question Very Much,it's very clever..

Really? There's not a single anime that made you go "wow" or stayed in your mind? :o

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

FadingLights2015

FadingLights2015

♫YukiClan♫

Quote by pandemonium91

Quote by PresidentMillay Like The Question Very Much,it's very clever..

Really? There's not a single anime that made you go "wow" or stayed in your mind? :o

Ok,Maybe the last episode of vampire knight.it's was pretty sad actually...

"It's my duty as a guardian to protect Cross Academy, day and night."
-Yuki KuranSignature Image

fitarol15

fitarol15

*Karin-Koenig <3

An Update Version of mine..
I'll Add Clannad ~After Story~
It's the most touching anime ever! i mean you follow the story and then things you don't expect happens..the death of my fav character nagisa was the most saddest to me..:_;

"Ducunt Volentem Fata Nolentem Trahunt = Fate leads the willing soul, but drags along the unwilling one"
Signature

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

Kanon (the 2006 version) is definitely one of those series that enlightened me the most, like its' namesake and the inspiration for the title among the beautiful Pachebel's Canon, with the continuous rhythm of life there are various melodies that are layered within that represent the changes we experience, such as being happy one day and sad the next, and that life encompasses these ever changing highs and lows. The characters in this series are quite endearing to me because through each of their trials they endure, a part of them grows stronger. All in all, Kanon is an inspirational series for me as I can easily identify with a number of the characters of the series and see aspects of my own persona that I share with those I see myself in, I was touched by the stories of these characters, and still remains an endearing series for me and always will.

Signature

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.