Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Flay Allster (spoilers) - Minitokyo

Flay Allster (spoilers)

Tagged under Mobile Suit Gundam SEED

page 1 of 1 10 total items

This is my first thread here so I thought I would start a discussion on Flay Allster, I just finished watch the Gundam Seed series. It's one of my favorite Gumdam shows. Anyway I wanted my first topic here to be about her, what should they have done differently, do you think they should have left her alive? That really missed with me I was really shocked that they killed her off and at the end of the series like that too. I'm mean i thought Kira was going to get back with her I mean if you remember he said he need to talk with her about something before he left (I forgot where he was going to), but anyway what I think I'm getting at here is do you think it was dump to kill her off at the end like that, now I know most people didn't really think to highly of her (me personally I wanted to see her get with Kira again), but still they could have let she live. Thoughts, comments, etc?

SolemnSerpent

SolemnSerpent

"Fate, up against your will."

Actually, I always hated her; so when she died, I didn't mind at all.
I tried to sympathize with her, but- darn, I couldn't force myself to.

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” —Mark Twain
“There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.” —Jack E. Leonard
Good Links: Tagging Guide || FAQ || Policy || "No Pixiv Allowed" || "If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son..."

That's bad man, well I can understand the way some people feel. I mean she was a real bitch at the beginning, but she changed after she meet Kira. See?

You may hate me for liking her... but yeah I really like her. She's one of the most realistic characters in the series. She was consumed by hatred but then realized that she can change and then loved Kira... but I have no thoughts of having her to survive since her death was the reason of Kira's power that time.

You see Stellar reminded me of Fllay, in a way they're similar but also different.

Signature Image
anime-fans-unitedtag-liciousanti-spammersuserpageskindesigns
Tagging: Visual novels, Gintama

Yea, I hear you man. I can understand that being a reason for offing a character especially one of the main characters, my personal feeling is like, I said before, I think they shouldn't of killed her off like that the reasoning is sound, I guess, I understand why they did it. I don't think I've ever been emotional over an amine show like that lol, but I guess that is another reason the creators killed her off. Stupid to me, but I can see why. I haven't seen Gundam Seed Destiny which is season 2 of the series right? I think possibly they could of killed her off then maybe or just not had her in it to begin with just kind of faded the character into the background or something.

The main problem is that her death seemed like little more than a momentary thing with Kira, like her death was simply used as a plot device to simply make Kira actually RAGE all Shinn-like and take down Rau when he probably would've gotten owned before, thus it's very hard to really feel much for her (or Kira) when she died.

As said though, at least her role fit more or less...she was a spoiled, sheltered, and manipulated child (hating Coordinators for no reason than being Coordinators) who got thrust into the war and ended up having to see her father die right in front of her eyes when she was already freaking out just by him in the middle of it and Kira promising he'd save him. This ended up more or less breaking her mentally, which turned her into the vengeful, manipulating (pardon my language) bitch who simply uses Kira sexually to control him as a tool for her vengeance while, without even realizing it, falling for him after getting to know him, despite being a Coordinator. Though it felt sort of rushed without actually seeing her question herself about her feelings at times, and it didn't help her case when, after Kira "died", she went running right back to Sai in hopes that their relationship could go back to the way it was as if she didn't cheat on him with Kira and had him "show off" by subduing Sai after he got pissed when finding out.

At least she wasn't Little Miss Perfect like Lacus, lol.

That's any interesting way too look at it. The creators probably wanted it that way to.

fitarol15

fitarol15

*Karin-Koenig <3

for me i think she would make destiny interesting~~yea she's not like before her personality changed but i wish if she was alive i really love her she's so cool
and i like kira x fllay more than kira x lacus because there's a little bit chemistry

"Ducunt Volentem Fata Nolentem Trahunt = Fate leads the willing soul, but drags along the unwilling one"
Signature

I really liked Fllay too, even if I disliked her at first, I found her evolution amazing, instead of having a perfect character improving, she lost her head, decided to go manipulative and do everything she can to get her revenge, then she got time to think over and find peace. I really think it was nice having a young character breaking after a drama, seems more realistic that finding immediately what's right to do.

Signature

Quote by IlonaI really liked Fllay too, even if I disliked her at first, I found her evolution amazing, instead of having a perfect character improving, she lost her head, decided to go manipulative and do everything she can to get her revenge, then she got time to think over and find peace. I really think it was nice having a young character breaking after a drama, seems more realistic that finding immediately what's right to do.

The only thing I felt was really missing was getting to truly see the process of her changing (at least after she was taken by Rau, since she didn't really do much or have much interaction with others on Rau's ship) and perhaps even hear some inner monologues to give us a more in-depth view. All we really see are the end results, which only lasts for a few seconds before she's killed which gives off an impression of it being a bit "rushed" or "forced".

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.