Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Shin Asuka...love or hate him (spoilers) - Minitokyo

Shin Asuka...love or hate him (spoilers)

Tagged under Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny

page 4 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 91 total items

neomusahi

neomusahi

Theres no harm trying anything..

man i like shinn asuka since the start of the show.. what i hate most was kira yamato.. shinn sure young to handle a mobilesuit like sword impulse and the others.

enchantressinthedark

enchantressinthedark

Eternal empire.

Whoa...this is more like becoming a character bashing thread.

OK well...Shinn is the so-so type, a boy who suffered everything in the world. Well, it was starting to annoy me at the beginning of GSD, but then I find him to be quite okay. His sad past made him what he is today.

Well, I don't love him or hate him, just average ^_^ Though I prefer him more than Kira. At least Shinn's more manly.

Intertwined ways of life.
Signature Image
Admin/Mod of G00D| F.W.| AsuCaga| GS-A| C.G.K| F.M.D| J.T-MT| B.W.T.B| S.R| Tsubasa| Host-Club

I liked him at the start of course since kira wasnt there so who else was the popular character but he got changed by rey and i guess everybody started hating and envy him since kira's back and why on earth is he still around ><" lol but GSD probably wouldnt work if shin was not there, he was like introducing kira to come back and keep peace..

I thought shina was going to turn good at the end of the series and be on kiras side to destroy zaft..dam rey..><"

I like Shin very much. He gets all angry and slashes his enemies, that's great. His furious expressions are spectacular, ingenious art work. I love his personality too~ Awesome. He is also a very emotional and sentimental person. AND there's no problem crying in those kind of situations. Kira is just too liveless although he may look sanctimonious. As a matter of fact, i kind of hoped that Kira died when Shinn DESTROYED his freedom after he KILLED the kind and innocent Stellar.

I don't really like him but don't hate him wither. He tends to blame ppl for stuff, claims that ppl dun understand anything, while in actual fact he is the one who dunno anything, and he is soo arrogant. He thinks he's a much better pilot that Athrun and he is so very wrong, demonstrated in the below cases:

At the Battle of Orb, Shinn and Athrun battled, and Athrun even managed to cut off Destiny's arm and he was quite badly injured at that time.

At the Battle Messiah, Athrun and Shinn battled again, and Athrun disarmed Shinn, while Shinn was in SEED mode and he was not.

Auelneider15

Auelneider15

Pride of the Abyss

He is a fool and selfish boy.Even though his life was very painful but his behavior is unforgiven.He didn't even know what is his objective of fighting.I don't like him.

Signature Image

Kill or be killed-Clotho Buer

Whiny emo brat who killed the man who saved him..............i'd have to say no.

auel1124

auel1124

I will fly with broken wings...

I just... hate Shinn

That is because he killed Auel... also, a few phases after stellarĀ“s death, he was already with lunamaria (and kissing her).

And the worst of all... he is like my brother

onestepclosertonumb

onestepclosertonumb

-Beneath the Elysion-

At least Shinn is the most REALISTIC anime character, in my opinion. He didn't attack Stellar in the last battle because he just wanted to protect her, one thing makes some believe that for him, his lover's life is more important than many pple in Berlin city's lives, so Kira must have killed her to save them. It's correct, i know. But imagine, if the person inside Destroy at that time wasn't Stellar but Lacus, could Kira do that? Shinn couldn't stop Stellar, just because he'd lost TOO many beloved ones in his life. One more person is easy to stand? No, i'm sure you'll say that. And i believe there are many pple in the world would do the same if they were in this situation. Yes, i don't deny that he's a bit selfish, but who is sure that no one else in this life is selfish? And if you find one who isn't selfish, does his a real one or only affected, hypocrite ? A person who is REALLY selfless is so hard to find now, only many in anime and manga. Very few screenwriters want to make their MAIN character become a egoistic one nowadays, and a personality like Shinn is not numerous. Well, he seems to complain much about his loss, but it doesn't matter if a normal person can easily forget or leave behind his pain ? Some can prove to be firm enough to do it, but almost unable. And remember Shinn is only 16. A boy in this age can't be said to be really mature. He'd gone through many battles, stood on the fine line between life and death many times, suffered many injuries. Why haven't you ever thought for him for a while? Nicol's maybe very like Shinn, but he died in the end, while Shinn's still living. Likely Shinn could beat Kira because he had such an anger, but can't deny that was not his competence. And then, what's wrong if Shinn loves Luna ? Because Stellar'd died for not very long time ? Because you hate Luna ? I don't know what reason of you but for me it's a indispensable thing. When Shinn joined ZAFT with only his rage and resentment, who made him see that life wasn't only loss and tears, but still laughter and friendship ? When Shinn rushed in to danger, who always stand by his side? When Shinn lost everything, everyone he loves, who was the only one still living and stayed by him? It's no unreasonable if he loves that person! All the pple Shinn loves had left him, but does it mean he has no right to love one more time? A soldier's life is very unpredictable, who knows that tomorrow, at this moment, you will be still standing here, smiling with your lover, or have bent down and seeing the tears flow down on her face, even crying and holding her cold corpse? So when you're still living, live with all your heart, and love with all your love. For me, Shinn had done the right thing. And in the end, he'll never regret for that.
After all, about Shinn's rage with Kira or Cagalli, truthfully they're all somewhat reasonless. But the most important is that he realized it. And it's sufficient.

Signature Image

I hate Shinn, not much, but no way I like such a character like him. He is too arrogant. Who does he think he is? He is actually quite skillful, but that doesn't mean he has the right to look down on other. When he and Rey plan to defeat Kira, he told Athrun "experiences of losing won't be any of use". So what is he? Till then, he was still alive because Kira's never aimed to the cockpit. After defeating Kira, he smiled and said something like "I got my revenge, and yours too" to Athrun, whose closest friend has just been killed. Don't tell me he didn't know Kira is the closest friend of Athrun. And then about Orb. He finds every reason to hate Orb. First, because Orb didn't join the EA, there was a war and he lost his family. Then, when Orb joined the EA, as his wish, he got mad because of that. So what does he want? And about hatred for Kira .... He loves Stella, but Kira had to kill her to protect people. He might be suffered a lot, but he must understand that was a right thing to do. If Kira was not there, he would have to kill her himself, wouldn't he? He is too unreasonable and never try to think ...
I'm sorry for saying such things for Shin's fans, but that's just how I think. Actually, I'm glad because he didn't come to fight along with Kira and Athrun. I don't like the fact "Kira is always right" and I like some skillful pilot to defeat Kira (I don't want Kira die, I just don't want to see the Kira-superman). But Shinn ... he needs to be more reasonable.

I HATE SHINN.......................

cassandraronald

cassandraronald

..+Arashi Arashi for dream+..

Personally, i dont really like him

Loneprincess

dancing flowers

i had liked him then disliked him then i hate him
i mean its not kira's fault for "killin"stella n he wans revenge for it ...i mean come on stella destroyed nearly half a country...
n the way the animators overdo him in the whole gundam seed history i don think any one lost asmany "loved ones" as him i think the animators are tryin to make him look pityful so we are suppose to pity him under tragic circummstances...?
i think his a bit mix of kira n athrun except a bit on the wild side...

At first, i thought he was somewhat a good character but as i watched the series, my hatred for him began to build up. His purpose was to built a world without war, yet every time he went in to seed mode, all he did was slaughter people, he even slaughter the commmander who saved his life years ago. Zaft also had to stop the destroy as it was destroying many cities, however, he blamed kira for the killing stellar who piloted the destroy and he fought and destroyed the freedom. He even shot down athrun and meyrin. He is just a fool and idiot who gives stupid reasons for killing and hating people.
He ought to die for all this action. I was dissapointed when he wasnt' killed in the series

I like shinn because I can relate to him cuz I lost the girl I love because of something stupid war is basiclt stupid I can blame shinn for having so much hate for kirani mean Kira basiclt took everything shinn loved away from him his sister as seen in the first episode when the freedom was fighting the calamity his girlfriend seen in the battle of Berlin and his best friend and I think shinn has real skill because he doesn't seem to rei lie on his seed mode ss much as Kira and he knows how to save his ms power unlike Kira cuz both the freedom and strike freedom have n. jammer cancelers and have unlimited Ammon

Very hate!

I love love love and love Kira!

Shin wanna killed Kira .

That why i hate him.

Hate him...plain and simple...hate him and hate Kira...whiny little pricks...

It's fucking war and they fight even though they keep on whining and bitching about it....especially Kira, but Shin just screamed carbon copy kira...

Can't say I liked seed that much. I liked characters of it, but I didn't like these 2 and I liked none of Shin's series at all.

fitarol15

fitarol15

*Karin-Koenig <3

yeah he's good and all of that but his stubbornness annoys me sometimes i can't stand him
but no i don't have this huge hatred for him i just like him and don't like him at the same time

"Ducunt Volentem Fata Nolentem Trahunt = Fate leads the willing soul, but drags along the unwilling one"
Signature

It's easy to hate Shinn, but the blame really falls on directing and the way the story went.

He was really supposed to be a Kamille Bidan-style main character where he starts much more immature, whiny, selfish, etc. but with people like Athrun and such supporting him and his experiences as the series continues, he would mature and understand things a lot better and become a much better person for it. Unfortunately, the writing and directing took him down a more Katz-style route (where he DIDN'T really develop well) and, if anything, he regressed as a character by the end and it also doesn't help that they just threw him and ZAFT under the bus in order to bring back Kira and co. as the "good guys".

page 4 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 91 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.