Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Confused about leaving Comments - Minitokyo

Confused about leaving Comments

page 1 of 1 5 total items

I'm trying really hard to understand something here so as not to go through another bad experience. Can someone please tell me if the comments on image pages are for reporting bad images or are for users here in the community to leave, well, comments of any kind? I just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong or causing problems

I tried looking for a help section of the forum and couldn't find it. Sorry.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Comments are for leaving comments of any kind. There IS also a report feature, but the default box is for comments. :)

Signature Image

ah okay thank you. I was wondering because I left a comment of an opinion I had but got in trouble for it. I know it sounds like I was trolling or something but I swear I wasn't. I was making a general observation, not to the poster, but of the original artist. I see now the forums available for sharing opinions. I'll just try to stick with the forums from now on if I want to make a comment. Thank you again for setting me straight :)

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Some things are better left off to discuss on a forum rather than leaving as a comment on a gallery item. Gallery item's comments are usually more meant towards the art or the submitter itself, not ethics or the likes.

It's not forbidden to do it, but it is better put to discussion than a comment. The uploader or other people reading them might not be pleased or even offended by the comment.

It could help you reading some gallery comments of what others say for example and adjust a bit to that. Comments on scans are usually bursts of some thoughts like "amazing". Indy-art and walls tend to be more detailed because of the artist. Nevertheless, you are free to speak your mind. Just keep in mind that comments are comments and usually not reacted on and when you speak your mind about something it usually asks for a discussion. Speaking your mind is positively recieved usually in the wall and indy art galleries though :3

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

Valuna is correct that some comments are best discussed in the forums and a new thread about the subject could be opened if there was not already a very recent/active topic about it. Your comment was regarding a volatile subject related to images of young girls being sexualized and is best addressed as a discussion so that opinions may be compared outside the gallery. I know that your intentions were not intentionally disruptive. People may not always admire many of the items that they see in an art museum, for example, however, saving negative comments until after leaving the gallery is the polite and respectful thing to do.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.