Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Monochrome mermaid 2 - Minitokyo

Monochrome mermaid 2

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

and so here is the part 2 of a wish to be human
i need a lot of help with this one because i don't really like how the hair is right now, what kind of flow should i stick to? left side or rigth side?
also this is supposed to be underwater so any tips for the background? (she's supposedly laying on the floor)
should i add some fish?
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-bUDOezpZP6c/VDUfqnm1IPI/AAAAAAAAJt0/JDGoR8me3xw/s1000/mermaid1.0.JPG

Signature

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

WOW! sensei looks Great!
All I want to say is if you'll add some seastars, shells and few angel fishes then that'll make the environment magical~
And other thing is her forehead is looking a bit big than usual size
About her hair I think they are just fine!
And I loved the shoe she's gazing at.

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

elisadevelon

Retired Moderator

elisadevelon

The purple vamp

Oh, that body! ...Eh, Monu-chan is probably right about the forehead. Also, her bottom looks a bit too big to me, making her torso too elongated. (Although it might be my obsession with realistic body propotions again and your mermaid is just fine.) I'd put floating strands of hair on the other side of her head as well; I'm missing them there. I dared edit it a bit in Photoshop; please forgive me. But I thought this would be helpful for illustration since the advantage of digital art is that you can move any parts of an image anywhere for preview.

And yeah, draw some of fish, starfish or jellyfish or some shells, clams, corals and seeweed and I think it'll look great. Underwater environment is beautiful and extremely diverse. You have a lot to choose from and I'm sure you'll find something you'll like.

Just use the bird point of view.That one fish there was totally off. xD

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

I was thinking out loud with it lol i had already erased it a drew some more real looking like fish lol
and that hair flow was just on spot Eli! I'm totally adding that
i do think her body seems a bit too elongated D: should i fatten her? what should i do? i need more opinions on the body proportion for me to continue T.T

Signature

elisadevelon

Retired Moderator

elisadevelon

The purple vamp

lol, glad to help.
yep, probably fatten her a little bit more. A little little bit. She has to stay seductive. :D I moved her body quite a bit so if you compare the two images, you'll see.

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

lol you did? i have to look more carefully then on the process of sketching the marine life lol
you think i should add more human stuff?

Signature

elisadevelon

Retired Moderator

elisadevelon

The purple vamp

No more human stuff. The shoe will be more unique and more like a dream if there won't be anything else from the world of humans.A foreigner who got lost abroad. Ishouldstopwithmetaphors. Imnotgoodwithmetaphors.

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

lol okay only one love foreinger is the marine life enough arround her?
i think i'll stat to shade it this weeks end i still need more approval over her body and hair haha
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-t2rcGr6zKv4/VDV5w2152pI/AAAAAAAAJuI/jStO70O-XDU/s1000/mermaid1.1.JPG

Signature

elisadevelon

Retired Moderator

elisadevelon

The purple vamp

Hai, hai. My metaphors are horrible. Please don't repeat them after me. xD
I think the body looks better now.
I love the hair. Good job on that. And the sea creatures as well. The starfish are so cute. :3

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

So the scene is on the bottom of the sea? Could add some amazing corals and some sheep fish...whatever you call them. Those small ones that go in large groups.

I love it, but...what will thee Danielly do with the drawing? I hope it will become a bit more D=

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

well my drawing skills are not that awesome you see haha ^^'
this one will be monochrome i'm thinking about adding some more fish that are actually not interested in what she is looking at XD
you think i should add more reefs than i already have? where exactly? left or right?

Signature

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Reefs/corals tend to cover the surface quite a bit. Perhaps some close around her or underneath? They kind of make a perfect path around her as it is now. The fish is good like you said. I actually suggested these really small ones :3

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

a friend of mine asked me to add angel fishes and clowfishes so i'll add them tomorrow when i find a bit more time, i had thought about a clearing in between the reef, that she was into a clearing or even so a path i'm scared to add too much corals i''l do some more image research for reference and see what more of them I can add ^^

merged: 10-09-2014 ~ 02:30pm
the clownfish D: oh my gosh the clownfish came out so damn cute! D: *getsbricked*
so i added the super little small fishes (i hope you were thinking of those Valuna ^^), the clownfishes and the angelfishes my friend had asked me to add lol
Now i think i can start the shading process but but but
i have absolutely no skills with digital pairing i really wish someone could digitally paint this because this in colours would look so ksjhshxlifc but i'm scared to paint it XD
and i am on a quest to improve my shading lol this will give one big challenge to shade D:
so wait *blinks* *looks at my vegetal paper* i might paint it after the shading is done XD right? i should right?
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-mahUikfnDvc/VDaafN_DcwI/AAAAAAAAJuY/_5j0hBeRo38/s1200/mermaid1.2.JPG

merged: 10-12-2014 ~ 11:10am
first layer of shading is done!
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-eHM8XLsBwfE/VDpg84EnFcI/AAAAAAAAJuo/qk7z-VSFMOw/s1000/mermaid1.3.JPG
any ideas for the colors i should use up?

merged: 10-16-2014 ~ 10:55pm
GUYS REALLY NEED FEEDBACK!
please i really need insights on colors i can use for this piece should i use shades of blue for her tail or green? or made it a splash of orange/red/yellow?
and do you think the ellow is good for the corals? i was plaing to shade them with orange, or should i got for red?
the other seaweeds i still didn't paint, what clors should i use?
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-o2i_gm4Nhu0/VEBL4RupLgI/AAAAAAAAJvI/24xI-HDYbXg/s1000/mermaid1.5.JPG

Signature

elisadevelon

Retired Moderator

elisadevelon

The purple vamp

I would say a green tail because of that red hair but she'll then be exactly like Ariel. xD
Corals - pretty much any colors, I guess. Corals should be vivid and colorful - pink, purple, red, yellow, orange, etc... The thing is that it's underwater so all the colors should be a bit faint and somehow "covered" with the blueness of water. And I'm talking about the hair and skin and fish, too. Otherwise, it won't look like it's underwater. I tried to dig out some nice examples: here and here and here
Other seaweeds - dark green. Even darker than what you have already used.

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

For the layear of blue over everything I was planning to use a cotton ball with my blue watercolor pencIL after everything is colored I guess I'll go with the splush oh irange/red/yellow for the tail.....

Signature

Redwyn

Redwyn

#SJW apparently

Color adjustment, sharpening, and a bit of highlighting will be great after you're done. I'm not sure if it's your scanner, the color contrast needs a bit of work, especially on her facial features. They look blurry. The monochrome looks great though.

#likethat'sabadthinglol

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.