Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Parents and Anime - Minitokyo

Parents and Anime

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 48 total items

maxlinkmax

maxlinkmax

Legendary ACG fan

i've discussed about this on a taiwanese website before... generally i think asian parents don't accept anime/manga... they think that those stuff are for little kids
but as i discussed with my parents... animations and mangas are actually a lot more than what they think...
i give u an example here...
some movies... like i-robot or i'm legend... most of people like these movies... and some parents generation think that this kinda movies are cool... but they never thought of one thing... that is... if we have the animation version or manga version of these movies(same plotline)... are they still cool? or u will change ur opinion just because they turn into animes/mangas?
the bottom line is... mangas and animations are more than "stuff for kids" they are for everyone from everywhere no matter how old u r...
so for those who still think animations and mangas r childish... ask urself if u really understand what animations and mangas are... otherwise u have no rights to look down on them.....

第666拘束機関解放、次元干渉虚数方陣展開、イデア機関接続、ブレイブルー起動!!!見せてやるよ!!!これが蒼の力を!!!

GunsxShurikens

GunsxShurikens

??????????

Well, my parents usually don't care about it.
My dad sometimes teases me with my fave character, Nagato Yuki with something else. GOSH! I HATE IT EVERYTIME! (this includes people that doesn't know animes too!)
Also, I have no effort of bringing him into the anime world. CHILDISH he said.

I totally agreed with what maxlinkmax said. Animes are for everyone.... AND THEY'RE NOT CARTOONS!
Sorry, just thought to throw that in.

"My biggest fear isn't that one day I wouldn't remember this. It's knowing, that one day, you won't be there to remind me."
"I'm waiting for you" from Yuki
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa291/mahora3-a/No1ChaofSpringsig.png

My parent... well they don't understand my interest in anime. From the beginning I heard that I should be ashamed because of what I'm watching (the wonderfull times of Yattaman and General Daimos... ^ ^) and it hasn't change till now.

maxlinkmax

maxlinkmax

Legendary ACG fan

Quote by scarletwitchMy parent... well they don't understand my interest in anime. From the beginning I heard that I should be ashamed because of what I'm watching (the wonderfull times of Yattaman and General Daimos... ^ ^) and it hasn't change till now.

feel ashamed...?! f that... ppl who asked u to feel ashamed becasause they are talking shits before they really understand one thing...
u just keep it up... no matter what ppl say to u... just remember... animations and mangas are actually depth and need skills on making it!

merged: 06-24-2010 ~ 06:17pm

Quote by GunsxShurikensWell, my parents usually don't care about it.
My dad sometimes teases me with my fave character, Nagato Yuki with something else. GOSH! I HATE IT EVERYTIME! (this includes people that doesn't know animes too!)

I totally agreed with what maxlinkmax said. Animes are for everyone.... AND THEY'RE NOT CARTOONS!

that's one thing i hate about parents... always think they can tease on children because they know better (well... i can tell that they actually know better in some way... but not in the animations and mangas!)
once again... they don't understand how depth animes and mangas are... and the worst thing is that they will never try to understand...

merged: 06-24-2010 ~ 06:18pm

that's one thing i hate about parents... always think they can tease on children because they know better (well... i can tell that they actually know better in some way... but not in the animations and mangas!)
once again... they don't understand how depth animes and mangas are... and the worst thing is that they will never try to understand...

Quote by maxlinkmax

Quote by scarletwitchMy parent... well they don't understand my interest in anime. From the beginning I heard that I should be ashamed because of what I'm watching (the wonderfull times of Yattaman and General Daimos... ^ ^) and it hasn't change till now.

feel ashamed...?! f that... ppl who asked u to feel ashamed becasause they are talking shits before they really understand one thing...
u just keep it up... no matter what ppl say to u... just remember... animations and mangas are actually depth and need skills on making it!

That's why I'm still watching it, and don't care what my parents think about it. Still it's iritating that they criticise something about what they have no idea. The truth is that some animations have much more comlicated and serious plot than some 'normal' series, but who cares, right? :/

maxlinkmax

maxlinkmax

Legendary ACG fan

Quote by scarletwitch

Quote by maxlinkmax[quot(...) parent... well they don't understand my interest in anime. From the beginning I heard that I should be ashamed because of what I'm watching (the wonderfull times of Yattaman and General Daimos... ^ ^) and it hasn't change till now.

That's why I'm still watching it, and don't care what my parents think about it. Still it's iritating that they criticise something about what they have no idea. The truth is that some animations have much more comlicated and serious plot than some 'normal' series, but who cares, right? :/

never say the last sentence... i dunno about u... but i personally care much cuz i draw pictures and i know it takes efforts...

My mom is a big fan of anime. She watched Inuyasha completely and whenever i play a RPG game, she comes to watch .
Dad is not so interested, but i'm sure he likes Tom and Jerry.

oxblackfairyxo

oxblackfairyxo

oxblackfairyxo

My dad loves watching anime with me, but only certain types. He likes things like Samurai X, Code Geass and Appleseed, but animes like Ah! My Goddess and Orphen aren't really his thing. My mum watches anime like it's just another show on TV, she always watches it first before she decides if she likes it or not. My mum is more interested in the artwork I do, she see's that it makes me happy and she thinks I'm really good.

My parents don't really care..at first they thought it was a phase lol but i proved them wrong ^^ The only time they care is if they think I am spending to much money on it ..>.<

my dad dislikes anime.. but mum is into it sometimes! esp in the case of reverse harem.. & she usually supports a guy outside the harem circle! xD

Peace ...

do not inport ... Xd

Quote by maxlinkmax

Quote by scarletwitch

never say the last sentence... i dunno about u... but i personally care much cuz i draw pictures and i know it takes efforts...

I know how much effort it takes to create a good animation or picture, cause i'm an artist to, and I'm able to spend sometimes entire day to crate just one picture. And even if you know that what you created is good it 'hurts' when you hear something like "Why are you drawing those Japs? Why can't you draw something normal?"

They don't caree~ ^^

My parents are like "aren't you a bit too old for cartoons?" To which i of course answer, "anime is NOTHING LIKE cartoons!" Mostly they don't get it. They think anime is for children and thus immature.

Not really.

My parents don't want me to get into anime TOO much (Like join an anime club *Rolls eyes*) :( They say I'll get 'labeled'.

GunsxShurikens

GunsxShurikens

??????????

Quote by maxlinkmax

They know better things than us are OTHER things. But not anime and manga (which we know far more better than them and they know NOTHING about it! ZERO! NOTHING!).
Yes, I really REALLY hate them for teasing not only my fave character, but the anime world too!

GOSH! I really can't imagine much....

"My biggest fear isn't that one day I wouldn't remember this. It's knowing, that one day, you won't be there to remind me."
"I'm waiting for you" from Yuki
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa291/mahora3-a/No1ChaofSpringsig.png

my parents does complain a lot. but they don't really hate that, I tought..

whenever I watch anime, theey just said, 'cartoon again, aren't you tired of that?'

but, hey, my study wasn't being disturbed at all..

My parents hate that I read manga. They think I'm weird.

Both my parents accept my hobby, but sometimes my mum gets really annoyed because of it.

my parents dont mind

my parent allow me about entertainment

This is my deviantart
Signature Image

fitarol15

fitarol15

*Karin-Koenig <3

My parents don't care Lol XD

"Ducunt Volentem Fata Nolentem Trahunt = Fate leads the willing soul, but drags along the unwilling one"
Signature

AyaKaShi1Hunter2

AyaKaShi1Hunter2

Anime junkie?

My parents don't mind that I like/watch anime. They once told me that they were surprised at how much I was into anime (not in a negative way). As for themselves, they are very casually into anime. They usually like to watch things like the Studio Ghibli movies and maybe old school anime from their childhood.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 48 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.