Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Clannad Kickstarter Success! - Minitokyo

Clannad Kickstarter Success!

Will play this?

Yes
8 votes
No
0 votes
What?
1 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Link for full effect

Sekai Project has more than reached their objective for bringing the visual novel game Clannad over to the US. Furthermore, they will be posting a kickstarter for the Grisaia series (Grisaia no Kajitsu, Meikyuu, and Rakuen). This will mark the first time that a smaller company not normally affiliated with visual novels has really made an effort to bring over what are considered huge games in Japan.

Do you have any desire to check out this game when it comes out, or rather what do you think about kickstart projects to bring these otherwise unknown games that would just remain in Japan?

Since this is mainly about licensing games to translate and bring them over, I am putting this here.

Signature Image

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

DAL needs to be put in just because Maria.

Hopefully this becomes a trend everyone else would follow, excluding the ecchi side of visual novels, some of them have some of the best written plotlines for such short games as compared to some things we see in the theatres. From action VNs to romance VNs, even some sci-fi and horror VNs are pretty amazing given the budget they were provided at the time of the game making.

3rdEye is an example of a VN company that started with a somewhat average VN (bloody rondo) and then came Shinigami no Testament, whose story I really enjoyed and never expected that ending, and now Gensou no Idea, which takes a nique dual-protagonist timeline que on storytelling. Clannad is undoubtly a hit though, just hope that all over companies find some kind of revenue to port their games over here.

People miss out on many good stories for one or many reasons, but bringing it over to the US seems to be the largest hurdle for some of them.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

I'm hoping so as well.

I remember back around 2003 I got into Visual Novels and the only kinds really available in English were the kinds that were solely about the giving and taking and less about telling a story. A lot has changed since then, but I feel like with this new movement they're really creating waves.

Especially with a huge game like Clannad, I think that's going to help massively boost visual novel popularity. Even more so since it'll be brought to Steam. and since so many of these games largely go untranslated and fan translation projects have about a 1/10 chance of being completed this is truly moving in a new direction.

Signature Image

That's great! Maybe should have a look if Clannad really coming out on Steam :) Planetarian is also around at the moment...

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Wow, Clannad hadn't been translated? It's baffling, considering it's one of the most famous franchises in anime o.O
I've never played any VNs but Kickstarter seems to do wonders when used properly.
It's amazing to see they managed to get almost double of what they were aiming for!

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

I'll totally get Clannad, probably even at full price to show some support. Also I heard Higurashi is coming to Steam too :)

Signature Image

AyaKaShi1Hunter2

AyaKaShi1Hunter2

Anime junkie?

I'll definitely be getting this because I like Clannad a lot and am one of the many Kickstarter backers for this release. I originally played the PSP port of Clannad several years or so back and really enjoyed it. I've also seen both seasons of the anime and the movie. Can't wait to get my hands on this. I'm also going to back the Grisaia no Kajitsu Kickstarter when it come around.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.