Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Program To Download Anime Quick Scans - Minitokyo

Program To Download Anime Quick Scans

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Hello everyone!
For me this is where we can find excellent scans of our favorite anime. Wanted to propose to invent a downloader program minitokyo to download scans, wallpapers any anime without having to download an image at a time.
It would be great because I like Bleach fan, wanted to download all the scans but it is impossible because it is too much to take a picture by one.

I hope the answer!~
Thanks!

Well its not impossible it just takes time, it is a nice idea but the question is if there are someone here who has the Know-How and the Time also if it will be supported by the staff.
If there would be that kind of Software for MT i sure would use it

elisadevelon

Retired Moderator

elisadevelon

The purple vamp

Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything like a downloader software planned. Definitely not at this time.

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

It's definitely a good idea for those that want to collect everything what a tag contains. Dat bandwidth going through the endless pictures you will never look at...poor Minitokyo xD. I can imagine that happening, people just downloading everything, including things they don't personally like (dat hoarding). Anyway...

We sadly don't have any programmer in the staff except the admin, Sheqel. Yorhel takes care of the servers. There are some tasks in line for Sheqel, so I don't think this will be done anywhere anytime soon. If you're a programmer, you're free to give it a try though...I think? Not sure about that lol

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

You could coerce an existing general purpose tool like wget to do this. Although it might take some practice to get the settings right.

If you have some programming experience and would like to pursue a custom solution then I would recommend Ruby + Nokogiri or Python + Beautiful Soup. They are libraries specifically designed for this kind of thing. You can also hack together something manually with regular expressions if you really want to, I used to do that with Perl.

A word of caution. Web site administrators don't usually like it when you do this, especially if you don't leave pauses in between requests or do something stupid like open 50 concurrent connections at a time. This means you may (probably) get banned from the site in question (This is how I got banned from Sankaku Complex when I was a student T_T). Consider taking steps to hide your identity and/or start off with sites you don't mind being banned from.

Since Minitokyo does not even have an auto-refreshing shoutbox, I think it is very unlikely you will get the approval of the site administrator to do this.

What you're looking for is a bulk image downloader (Google it if you like. I'm not gonna name any) Like @usagixkitsune said admins generally do not like the use of this. If too many people are downloading multiple images at the same time it can cause the system to crash.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.