Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Scan quality - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Hi, well I'm new to scanning so I would like your help get the the best quality out of the pictures I have.

Well I bought this magazine: Megami Magazine High School Visual Collection 3

Anyway the pictures come in some kind of hard glossy paper that can be taken of the book. It almost as they were set for scanning since all picture are A2 size, so no lines.

But since it kinda glossy the end picture if the scan doesn't look good. Here's an example: my scan and here is a picture I found in google: google picture

They look totally different and the colors look better in the second one.

So I was wondering what could I do to make a better scan. What DPI should I use and should I try playing with brightness and contrast? Also I don't have a good scanner but I could find a better one although wouldn't know how to use it.

And if I have to retouch the image in photoshop, would you tell me at least the name of the procedure I'd have to do so I can look for tutorials.

I'm really new about this but I want to learn and I need some help.

Thanks.

dnt know much about scanning butAnther is in charge of the scans and knows best if it comes to that so you might want to ask personaly or wait till someone might help here in the forum or both.

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

http://forum.minitokyo.net/t73797
this above link will direct you to the scan tutorial thread, read carefully almost everything, and I'm sure that, that thread is pretty helpful.

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

If it is still unclear after the tut one option is also to ask some experienced Scanner

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.