Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Tablet Recommendations? - Minitokyo

Tablet Recommendations?

page 1 of 1 7 total items

I've been looking for a good tablet, and I really need some recommendations from some people. Maybe something that easily connects and can connect to my PC when needed. I've been waiting to get a tablet for a long time, so I wanted to make the best and right decision. I need some more practice with my art and I figure a tablets the way to go.

Thank you. :)

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

There was a thread about this not long ago by another member.
Try this thread.

Unless you meant the other normal tablet (seemed like a wacom from end of the post) or things are still unclear and some questions remain, feel free to just ask in this thread.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

Please don't be under the delusion that having a tablet will suddenly make you a good artist.

With that said, I have never tried any other graphic tablet other than from Wacom. I would recommend bamboo but that sweet bae had been discontinued. You should consider getting Intuous pen small. It's affordable and works well for enough for beginners and hobbyists.

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Quote by wildrosePlease don't be under the delusion that having a tablet will suddenly make you a good artist.

^ Very True!
Recently my friend (irl) bought one, but he really have no knowledge of digital art and his drawing is not that good too, he was just saying that vectors are difficult but now after having a tablet he now saying is "digital art" in general is difficult. Rather than practicing he gave up digital art.

Any form of Art is not difficult as long as a person has skill and most important creativity.
Sorry, my comment wasn't related to the real question.

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

Quote by ValunaThere was a thread about this not long ago by another member.
Try this thread.

Unless you meant the other normal tablet (seemed like a wacom from end of the post) or things are still unclear and some questions remain, feel free to just ask in this thread.

Alrighty, thank you c:

merged: 04-08-2015 ~ 09:42pm

Quote by wildrosePlease don't be under the delusion that having a tablet will suddenly make you a good artist.

With that said, I have never tried any other graphic tablet other than from Wacom. I would recommend bamboo but that sweet bae had been discontinued. You should consider getting Intuous pen small. It's affordable and works well for enough for beginners and hobbyists.

Alrighty, thank you. But I already know not to assume by having a tablet that my art will instantly get better and make me a good artist. It's just for a little extra practice and experimentation. ^ . ^

My friend has a bamboo she just recently purchased from a friend or something or other. I don't think she's used it much, but that's because she never gets around to it and doesn't know how to use it. She told me her friends recommended it and what not. I'll look around and see what I can find, thank you. c:

merged: 04-08-2015 ~ 09:46pm

Quote by Monu-chan

^ Very True!
Recently my friend (irl) bought one, but he really have no knowledge of digital art and his drawing is not that good too, he was just saying that vectors are difficult but now after having a tablet he now saying is "digital art" in general is difficult. Rather than practicing he gave up digital art.

Any form of Art is not difficult as long as a person has skill and most important creativity.
Sorry, my comment wasn't related to the real question.

I see, I understand how difficult digital art is, but everyone starts every where, and I've been messing around with lots of different programs lately as well, just to get some good techniques down. I'll stick with digital art for a while. Even if I can only get it down moderately okay, along with some of the techniques I'll be happy, and if not then I'll switch to some alternative programs on the pc, that I'm also experimenting with. ^ .^

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

If you're curious how it works, maybe you can borrow it from your friend for a week or so? See how it works out for you.

Digital art has a really wide range. Is there anything you want to specialize in or already specialize in? I would assume it's drawing stuff..but is there anything you aim for? One thing to be careful of when using a tablet is to be able to make clean lines and of course proper colouring. Some suggestions could pop up on which way to go if you tell, in case you are willing to follow up on some advice rather than blindly taking a bite of everything.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

Quote by ValunaIf you're curious how it works, maybe you can borrow it from your friend for a week or so? See how it works out for you.

Digital art has a really wide range. Is there anything you want to specialize in or already specialize in? I would assume it's drawing stuff..but is there anything you aim for? One thing to be careful of when using a tablet is to be able to make clean lines and of course proper colouring. Some suggestions could pop up on which way to go if you tell, in case you are willing to follow up on some advice rather than blindly taking a bite of everything.

I would like advice, however there isn't any particular thing I specialize in yet completely. It's more of experimentation in what works better for me, and if the tablet, etc. doesn't there's a lot of alternatives. I just I'm looking into it for experimentation and somewhat of a practice out of it. Also I do have someone, a family friend who'd most likely be willing to give me tips and teach me different techniques as well. Any advice on anything possible would be offering a lot.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.