Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Dragon Ball SUPER - Minitokyo

Dragon Ball SUPER

Tagged under

page 1 of 1 11 total items

BushidoGaara

BushidoGaara

Your eyes see nothing...

So with this series continuing after the DBZ series, what do you think this one's going to be like? Do you think it's going to be better than the original DBZ? Better than Dragon Ball GT (It has to be)? I can't wait for this to be released!

Knowing it is an ideal never to be reached...strive toward it again today. As a matter of course. - Kaname Tosen (Bleach)

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Super from what I've been reading and hearing about it's suppose to follow the z point where Majin Buu had just been defeated and earth reaches peace, and possibly something will come along and defeat that peace again, it always does. to be honest, just about anything with dragon ball attached to it must be better than gt, if they want to bring in the fans of course, or make new fans. I can't wait myself, as a big time fan of the franchise I'll give it a go. there was also rumors that it's being done because of the other old school of Sailor Moon's appearance. db super will probably have modern graphics, from what I've been seeing them do with the recent movies this is going to be interesting all the same and I can't wait !

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

I agree with you Bunny. Honestly, I think Dragon Ball Super will be better than GT, because.. well.. GT SUCKS! lol
I think it's gonna be awesome. Can't wait to see the new battles with modern graphics, and the new villains :D

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

BushidoGaara

BushidoGaara

Your eyes see nothing...

I can't believe that the Dragon Ball series had its start since the 1980s. This may very well be the longest running anime series ever!

Knowing it is an ideal never to be reached...strive toward it again today. As a matter of course. - Kaname Tosen (Bleach)

Quote by HuesinI agree with you Bunny. Honestly, I think Dragon Ball Super will be better than GT, because.. well.. GT SUCKS! lol
I think it's gonna be awesome. Can't wait to see the new battles with modern graphics, and the new villains :D

Hmm...I probably wouldn't say so much as outright sucks as much as it is that we didn't really get any explanation for a number of things, especially when some things made little sense.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

GT didn't really suck, they were trying to do something and they didn't try hard enough until it was too late resulting in the first of gt not being so good, but the second half being outstanding, maybe they might take a chapter from that bit of history and use the same method, such as taking the good parts of gt and merging them into a new series. I hope they try to work in ssj4 I do believe that is my most favorite transformation of the saiyans :D

unfortunately db isn't the oldest anime, possibly the oldest known, but there are still a few still up and running that is quite older than db (not to mention there are some with triple the effects of episodes of some of the most popular anime of all time), including the manga angle as well, but, if they would play those more on tv, or dub them further into another language I'm certain they would be known too.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Personally, I never counted SSj4 as a "true" SSj level outside of the name. It's literally nothing more than a "compressed" SSj style Oozaru (the Saiyajin in question being able to regain conscious control over themselves). At the very least, it doesn't feel like a natural SSj progression like the Ascended SSj forms, and SSj2 and 3 were. It feels like it's called SSj4 simply because of the form being far more powerful than SSj3.

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

Me neither. I mean, I liked the character design, but I didn't like that SSJ4 form seemed weaker than SSJ3 :/

Anyways, saying GT sucks was a bit too much, my bad. It's just my personal opinion, nothing else. I didn't like that part of Dragon Ball much because of the inconsistencies of the series, the messed up power levels and other things, but I think it was decent series. It had good character designs. Some dragon were cool looking, and I'd like to see a canon SSJ4 form to be honest (I don't think it's gonna happen though).

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

it wasn't a mistake in creation, GT that is, over all the series wasn't all that bad, and opinions are permitted around here ;) the movie that ended GT wasn't all that bad, but I think GT was a poor excuse or attempt at something of db love, but I felt it was too late to fix what they were doing, from beginning to ending. other db legends started and ended well, but, I'm with you huesin, something just failed in GT, probably for a lot of fans to be honest with you. I liked the serious part, not the funny part, I think they tried too much funny. and I seriously hope the new db series does a balance, I know the legends of db and db was originally created as a comedy, but still... also there wasn't much fighting in GT either ! the legendary 10 episode trash talk and power ups in Z was what it was all about !

I think what I liked about ssj4 was the colors, I like red more than yellow so there ! but in all honesty the power levels weren't really calculated properly after awhile and they even stopped bothering once they reached like 10 million and so on. nothing like breaking down a series and nit picking it. it'd be cool to take all three db and then slam them together and see what comes out of the blender :D

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Yeah, that was one of the problems with having any sort of specifically numbered power level at all; eventually, it just didn't matter anymore because they started becoming wildly inconsistent (which is probably why they stopped giving exact numbers, leaving it all up to fan guesstimation). I mean, the last time we even see an "exact" number given for a power level was the 5 reading on Future Trunks by Frieza's lackey at the start of the Android Saga.

Even what few numbers given at other times would end up being contradicted by other media, like SSj Goku and (Final Form / 100%) Frieza. Like I largely see 100% Frieza at 120,000,000 and SSj Goku at 150,000,000. The problem there is that, earlier in the series. it was shown that even a small difference in power level could be a huge difference between the fighters. Like, for example, the differences between Goku and Piccolo against Raditz was only a few hundred usually, but Raditz still made them look like jokes most of the time (even blocking Goku's 920+ Kamehameha wave with one hand, and Raditz only having a lightly singed hand to show for it), and when he first saw Gohan's power (1370+) and Piccolo was powering up the Makankosappo/Special Beam Cannon (1330 and 1440), he was freaking out.

Once you start getting into a difference of thousands or more, than the weaker combatant is usually pretty much jobbed, like we saw with the healed Vegeta against Cui on Namek (originally evenly matched at 18,000, but Vegeta now hitting 24,000 and easily owning Cui while causing concern for Dodoria / 21,000 and untransformed Zarbon / up to 23,000 or so). Though, by the time Zarbon transforms, that's when we start getting far less exact numbers given for fighters until Goku and his Kaio Ken x10 gave a 180,000 reading and Jeice helping us calculate Captain Ginyu's 120,000 by saying how far off Goku's rising power level was from Ginyu's maximum. Even Frieza's first transformation isn't exact, only an "over a million".

But with a difference of 30,000,000+, Frieza should've been owned like nothing, even at 100%. Of course, some say Frieza only managed to land in the blows he did because Goku was purposely holding back due to wanting to toy with him and his Saiyajin pride making him want to humiliate Frieza after he uses everything he could, but still fail to beat Goku. The problem with that explanation is that Goku didn't have very good control over his SSj form since he had just awakened it. It wouldn't be until he arrives back on Earth and encounters Future Trunks that Goku admits that he couldn't control it well before, but that he could and they have that demonstration. The best he could really do was turn it on and off in general.

So yeah, I've pretty much come to stop trusting power level bits as early as mid-Namek, lol.

izayoichan

izayoichan

Sore o dākunesu. Enbureisu.

Quote by HuesinI agree with you Bunny. Honestly, I think Dragon Ball Super will be better than GT, because.. well.. GT SUCKS! lol

first half of GT was an insult to the series. I like to pretend it never happened lol

merged: 08-08-2015 ~ 06:32pm
Just got home from watching Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' at the limited theater screening, and it was awesome!

Signature
People fall into darkness because they have lost sight of the true nature of the light within them. Unable to find that light they flounder desperately while suffering in agony, only to give birth to tragedy. And there is no greater cause of tragedy, no greater source of darkness, than warfare.

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.