Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What's the best live-action anime/manga adaptation? - Minitokyo

What's the best live-action anime/manga adaptation?

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Blue-Latte

Blue-Latte

Curious Dreamer

One of the best live-action adaptations of an anime is the Death Note, in my opinion. Some people are not pleased with the live-action adaptations of anime and manga, but I think anime/manga being turned into live-action movies is great. But of course, there are some manga/anime that should not be adapted to live action.

So, does anyone know any other good live-action adaptations? And what anime/manga do you think would have the best live-action adaptation?

Signature

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

hot and fresh out the kitchen

Most of the time, slice of life and school centered anime are good for live actions. A few ones I liked are:
- Hana Yori Dango
- Hana Kimi
- Great Teacher Onizuka
- Moteki
- Gokusen
- Nodame Cantabile
- MARS
- Nana
- Bokura ga Ita
- Detroit Metal City (the guy who plays L aka Kenichi Matsuyama is the lead guy here) - though the vulgarity of the manga and anime is toned down
- GANTZ (Kenichi is also here)
- Bunny Drop (and he's here too omg I'm a fan of him sorry)
- Absolute Boyfriend
- Rurouni Kenshin
- xxxHolic - I didn't expect this one to be so good, and fashion is given so much justice, I also love the CG effects
- Yankee-kun to Megane-chan
- 20th Century Boys
- City Hunter
- Lovely Complex

There are some live actions I was disappointed with but the first to come out of my mind was Ranma 1/2. That's definitely a series better as anime instead.

I've watched only one live movie adaptation, and that's Death Note ^^;
It was good, in some aspects it was better than even the original story, so I liked it :)
and.. one of my friends said some while ago that Nodame Cantabile adaptation was good, but I haven't watched it, so don't know ^^;

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

to be honest if hollywood doesn't do it, I find most of them to be good, some better than the animation themselves, such as Death Note, Gantz, and Casshern. others which I like are Cowboy Bebop and Dragonball. there's a new Lupin the 3rd coming so I'll give that one a try. but I would have to say, the first three names which I mentioned got my picks as my favorites/best based entirely on my opinion. as for a choice that isn't made yet, what of bleach or possibly wolf's rain? even the creator of bleach said no-no to live action, but it would still appear to be interesting to say the least.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

kyoru-chan

kyoru-chan

- jo - chan . . .

for me, I like Rurouni Kenshin . . . and as a Ruroken fan , manga was the best but the live action is so coool . . . they know the true meaning of "justice" for that . . . Hana Kimi is also great even though I haven't read the manga . . .Death note is also good . . . i saw there's a coming live action of lupin III . . . hope it will turn out good like the anime and manga :3

that was fast . . . but not fast enough . . .Signature Image

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

GREAT TEACHER ONIZUKA (1998)-- hands down. I enjoyed the manga, but I LOVED the jdrama. The writers really knew how to tug at the heartstrings, and the casting was phenomenal!

I haven't seen the updated one from 2012 since the original holds such a deep place in my heart.

Signature Image

kyoru-chan

kyoru-chan

- jo - chan . . .

yeah . . . gto was great . . . cause they aired that at our country . . . and almost everyone liked that even though they're not otaku :3 . . . but I'm still a kid when that was aired . . . so I don't remember some of it . . . but i feel it was great . . . and gokusen was great too :3

Blue-Latte

Blue-Latte

Curious Dreamer

Quote by josephine12cuteMost of the time, slice of life and school centered anime are good for live actions. A few ones I liked are:
- Hana Yori Dango
- Hana Kimi
- Great Teacher Onizuka
- Moteki
- Gokusen
- Nodame Cantabile
- MARS
- Nana
- Bokura ga Ita
- Detroit Metal City (the guy who plays L aka Kenichi Matsuyama is the lead guy here) - though the vulgarity of the manga and anime is toned down
- GANTZ (Kenichi is also here)
- Bunny Drop (and he's here too omg I'm a fan of him sorry)
- Absolute Boyfriend
- Rurouni Kenshin
- xxxHolic - I didn't expect this one to be so good, and fashion is given so much justice, I also love the CG effects
- Yankee-kun to Megane-chan
- 20th Century Boys
- City Hunter
- Lovely Complex

There are some live actions I was disappointed with but the first to come out of my mind was Ranma 1/2. That's definitely a series better as anime instead.

I love Kenichi Matsuyama too! He played L so well. Thanks for your recommendations, just check the trailers on youtube and I'll definitely check them out.
City Hunter? This one? I didn't know it was adapted from anime. o_O

merged: 12-02-2013 ~ 11:40am

Quote by fireflywishesGREAT TEACHER ONIZUKA (1998)-- hands down. I enjoyed the manga, but I LOVED the jdrama. The writers really knew how to tug at the heartstrings, and the casting was phenomenal!

I haven't seen the updated one from 2012 since the original holds such a deep place in my heart.

Sounds awesome. I haven't even watched the anime. ^^ Definitely will check it out.
Oh btw, is there a way to edit this thread title? I mistyped it. ^^;

merged: 12-02-2013 ~ 11:44am

Quote by kyoru-chanfor me, I like Rurouni Kenshin . . . and as a Ruroken fan , manga was the best but the live action is so coool . . . they know the true meaning of "justice" for that . . . Hana Kimi is also great even though I haven't read the manga . . .Death note is also good . . . i saw there's a coming live action of lupin III . . . hope it will turn out good like the anime and manga :3

I knooowww! I really want to watch Rurouni Kenshin live action since it is one of my fav anime. I just haven't got time to download the movie. :(

merged: 12-02-2013 ~ 12:04pm

Quote by angelxxuanto be honest if hollywood doesn't do it, I find most of them to be good, some better than the animation themselves, such as Death Note, Gantz, and Casshern. others which I like are Cowboy Bebop and Dragonball. there's a new Lupin the 3rd coming so I'll give that one a try. but I would have to say, the first three names which I mentioned got my picks as my favorites/best based entirely on my opinion. as for a choice that isn't made yet, what of bleach or possibly wolf's rain? even the creator of bleach said no-no to live action, but it would still appear to be interesting to say the least.

Oh, I remember seeing a Dragonball live action poster in cinemas several years ago. It's called Dragonball Evolution if I'm not mistaken. I almost watched it but changed my mind because people said it was awful .___.
I think Bleach live action would be interesting, though I'm afraid it might be seen as a childish show since Bleach characters' have so unrealistic superpowers and battles.

Signature

kyoru-chan

kyoru-chan

- jo - chan . . .

Quote by Blue-LatteI knooowww! I really want to watch Rurouni Kenshin live action since it is one of my fav anime. I just haven't got time to download the movie. :(

aaaw . . . I have a copy of it . . . If only I could give it to you :3 . . .

merged: 12-02-2013 ~ 01:24pm
I forgot to mention Kimi ni Todoke . . . It's great . . . Itazura na Kiss is also good even though I have watched only Taiwanese and Korean version . . .

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

Quote by Blue-LatteI love Kenichi Matsuyama too! He played L so well. Thanks for your recommendations, just check the trailers on youtube and I'll definitely check them out.
City Hunter? This one? I didn't know it was adapted from anime. o_O

Yes. That City Hunter was adapted from the manga. Some Korean shows are actually based from mangas. Its fun to check those out.

Blue-Latte

Blue-Latte

Curious Dreamer

Quote by josephine12cute

Yes. That City Hunter was adapted from the manga. Some Korean shows are actually based from mangas. Its fun to check those out.

Oh My God. City Hunter is super awesome!
Man, Lee Min Ho looked so perfect in this show. Is that city Hunter based on this one? They're just so different. I haven't watched the anime version but the anime main guy doesn't look like Lee Min Ho at all. LOL! XD

merged: 12-02-2013 ~ 07:04pm

Quote by kyoru-chan
aaaw . . . I have a copy of it . . . If only I could give it to you :3 . . .

merged: 12-02-2013 ~ 01:24pm
I forgot to mention Kimi ni Todoke . . . It's great . . . Itazura na Kiss is also good even though I have watched only Taiwanese and Korean version . . .

Kimi ni Todoke is a good one. Just checked Kimi No Todoke live action on google and it looks great. I'm not really into romance but when it comes to live action, romantic anime/manga make great ones.

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Nodame Cantabile was also a good adaptation.... I agree!

It kept enough of the gag stuff from the manga, but also kept things realistic. :)

I wasn't too big a fan of the Yankee-kun to Megane-chan adaptation... I feel like they took out too much of the gag stuff, which is part of the draw for me, to the manga. It'll be interesting to see what they do with Yamada and the Seven Witches.

Signature Image

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

blue-l you have it mistaken, I mentioned not hollywood adaptations of live action movies from anime, those things are horrible, I'm talking about the ones which come out of Japan. I saw enough of dragonball evolution to be horrified at the failure of that thing.

and now that I think of it I forget all about the kenshin live action, which was good, as well as sengoku basara ! (there is Gackt, hello ! )

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Anther

Retired Moderator

Anther

I've watched few live-action adaptations so far and I really like all of them.

Antique Bakery (the korean movie)
Rookies (both series and movie)
Host Club

In my opinion, in general spokons would have the best adaptions, they are more easy to adapt compared to other types of manga/anime (battle shonen, fantasy, scifi and so on).

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

Quote by Blue-Latte

Quote by josephine12cute

Oh My God. City Hunter is super awesome!
Man, Lee Min Ho looked so perfect in this show. Is that city Hunter based on this one? They're just so different. I haven't watched the anime version but the anime main guy doesn't look like Lee Min Ho at all. LOL! XD

Totally far. If I remember, City Hunter is an 80's manga where the realistic manga style was quite popular. Although looks can be a factor for live action, its the performance that really brings it. Lee Min Ho was awesome.

I wonder why no one mentioned Battle Royale yet...
Anyway, I believe it's one of the best manga adaptations out there. Well, the first movie, that is. The sequel was not something special, but still pretty decent.

Also, the Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji. You know the actor who portrayed Light in the Death Note live action series? Yes, that guy. He played the role of Kaiji too. So for those who haven't seen it yet, you might as well check it out. :)

fitarol15

fitarol15

*Karin-Koenig <3

well i think real movies ruins the story but i can say death note is pretty good but i don't like it Because they actors\actresses doesn't resemble the characters i mean they made Misa's hair brown.? eww

"Ducunt Volentem Fata Nolentem Trahunt = Fate leads the willing soul, but drags along the unwilling one"
Signature

Hayashi's Cat's eye is really awesome i don't know if it's the best live-action adaptation ever but personally i even like it better than the anime.

http://www.zeblog.com/blog/uploads/s/spikly/CatsEye_img3.jpg

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.