Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Best/worst magical girls? - Minitokyo

Best/worst magical girls?

page 1 of 1 14 total items

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Who do you think is the best magical girl out there? o.o I've been thinking of watching a magical girl show for a while but I can't decide. I like strong characters (and story), so help me out a bit~

Usagi from Sailor Moon is kinda cool, I guess, since she doesn't do brilliantly from the first, but how about others? What do you think?

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Without a Doubt Sakura Kinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura.

She is not only powerful now, but also have a funny yet charming nature, her ready to help nature and that "Captivating Smile" never cease to make me fall in love with her again and again.
Sakura has a great impact on me, my personality and my past.So, I also have a mental attachment with Sakura.
Her magical spell Zettai Daijobu Dayo (Everything will be alright!) gave me a smile on my face in hard times.Her Childishness is also so captivating, but CLAMP also made her character with a "typical" girl type, she has fear of ghosts and her Daydreaming.
I fell in love with her at the age of 5 and still I have all the memories I spent with her in my heart.
And the things about her that made me laugh like Crazy is her Hoeeeeeeeeeeeee....! scream.
Her character design is one of most cutest character design I've ever seen in Anime world.
I love her anger in second movie when the Nothing Card stole all her cards and call her friends, and then Her anger burst out which made all her cards to go back to her again.
And I still remember those Heartwarming words that Sakura used to Confess her Love to Syaoran.
Everything about her is Charming! <3

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Ooh that sounds good! I remember Sakura being insanely popular here a few years back.
Would I need to watch Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle as well to get the full story, or is that more of an alternate universe?

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

I guess Sakura is famous everywhere! :D

and NO! TRC is in fully different world, CLAMP just used old characters in that series and in their adult version and I guess persnality is same too but the plot and story are 100% different.

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

Blue-Crescent

Blue-Crescent

The Wandering Moonchild.

I always love watching Magical Girls. I always love seeing strong and pretty girls who does not need a man's help. I know it's sounds awkward since I am a man but I always believe that girls are independent now a days and someone I idolize so much for being such a strong woman is my mom after she raised me all these years, all by herself, ever since my dad died when I was just two years old. She did not get any boyfriend or even enter another relationship. She dedicated her life to support me and give my needs.

So for the Magical girls, I love BSSM, Wedding Peach and Magic Knight Rayearth. I love it when they transform but to be honest, I go crazy for Sailor Jupiter. Man!
She's my dream girl! Know how to cook, tall and dependable, though not that intelligent but sure she is pretty. Plus, I find girls in more attractive in ponytails.
I always love too how she's being connected to lightning. It made her super cool and her art as well. Jupiter is a giant planet. The biggest planet I guess. Maybe that's why she's the tallest and brawny among the five inner senshis.

I also love the little twist in her appearance brought about by the rose earrings. She's tough but wearing those earrings is a glimpse to her feminine side. Plus, roses are my favorite flowers. So I pick Jupiter.

For the anime, I strongly suggest Wedding Peach. It has a mixture of comedy and depiction of love saving the world. I like the concept of making them transform to pretty wedding dresses before the armor. ^^

" A mind full of bitter memories , a past drenched in sadness and watered with my tears,
A heart nurtured by the littlest spark of hope, a present fed by the wildest dreams,
A body scarred by the savage adversities, a future that holds the greatest uncertainties,
These are the deepest parts of my blue soul, armored and shielded by an indestructible fortress. " Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

Madoka Kaname of course (for best, don't really have a worse) ! that pink hair woohoo ! although I adore Kyubey ! I'm talking about Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica of course. sure I've seen plenty of stuff, but over the years one will replace another, Card Captor Sakura has already been mentioned but I feel Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica started to run a neck and neck tie with first for me. I liked sailormoon for awhile, yes but that one dropped to the second slot, but Magica is not your typical magic girl animation, not even remotely close !

BuBbLeS!

Signature

LuluOokami

LuluOokami

Sir Lulu

Best magical girl hmm Lina Inverse from Slayers. She is small and packs a lot of magic.

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution"

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

Best was Sakura, and she'll always be. Sailor Moon is second. And.. dunno.. Madoka or Homura, maybe? :o

Y-yeah, but I don't watch that type of series, I dunno why I'm posting in this thread x.x

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

@ Blue: your mom sounds awesome! Make sure to tell her you love her once in a while ^_~ At this point I've added Wedding Peach to my to-watch list as well, I've always wondered how they can fight in those ball gowns!

@ Xuan: I was surprised when I saw on TVTropes that Madoka Magica is actually a show geared towards boys (shounen), not girls (shoujo)! Even though I've been good at keeping myself away from major spoilers, I have read some pretty interesting things - like how it's not a typical sentai show.

@ Lulu: caught a few episodes of Slayers on TV once, she was certainly fun to watch! Maybe I'll watch Slayers too when I can put a few days aside for binging it XD

@ Hue: lol, I don't usually watch shoujo either. Sailor Moon is an exception because, like Titanic, everyone has seen at least a part of it.

LuluOokami

LuluOokami

Sir Lulu

@Pande Its a good series and you'll have some good laughs.

@Hue Who doesn't like Sailor Moon in at least some small part?

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution"

i never was really into that genre expect Sailormoon which i know from my Childhood so the worst Mahou Shojo Anime would be for me Sailormoon Crystal.
Compared to the original i have the feeling that teir skirts are shorter and the Characters gotten really annoying

Steffi1690

Moderator, Scanner

Steffi1690

~Living in my Dreamworld~

The worst: all from Pretty Cure! and then Wedding Peach!

Best: Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Ojamajo Doremi, Princess Tutu.
Worst: Wedding Peach

kyoru-chan

kyoru-chan

- jo - chan . . .

I like Cardcaptor Sakura. It brings back childhood memories :3 and I think it's one of the best anime ever (。・ω・。)ノ♡

that was fast . . . but not fast enough . . .Signature Image

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.