Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Suggestions for a historical anime with slavery in Japan - Minitokyo

Suggestions for a historical anime with slavery in Japan

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Hi folks, I'm looking for a historical anime that suggests any evidence of slavery of Japanese people in Japan. I specifically mean the slavery of Japanese men and women by other Japanese.

Film has shown this in the past like Mizoguchi's "Sansho the Bailiff" which was illustrated to have taken place in the Heian period, but I'm not sure about any anime.

I am a high school teacher in Japan, and I often need to teach classes with a global and international view. In most cases, students struggle to feel empathy when faced with struggles of developing countries or minorities in Japan. However, they often know very little about Japanese experiencing similar issues throughout history.

Any ideas here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

I tried looking into the criteria you're looking for and to my knowledge there isn't an an anime out there that goes into the subject in the way "Sansho the Baliff" did.

Signature

Exactly, have to be more precise about what you want

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.