Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Learning to paint o_O - Minitokyo

Learning to paint o_O

page 1 of 1 4 total items

jakuro

jakuro

殁 4 LIFE

I have been practicing my light sources... I think that part might be okay

I haven't been able to create proper backgrounds yet, I'm just beginning to paint like this!

I am having issues with the anatomy of her face.... it looks like my style, but then I totally lost it on the nose with this one, and I've started over many times.. I've given up, really.

Anyone super experienced with this HAAAAALP! I've looked at so many tutorials and I'm still not getting it :\ there is just something off about it... she is very stylized and no nose I put on her looks right ;~;

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss250/JakuroSigs/lp1.png

And yes, my real name is Lindsey Pierce lol, that's the signature on this one ><

Signature
::wake up in a dying world looking like the antidote::

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Yeah, noses can be tricky, especially the side views; I've had my share of issues with them, too lol. Just remember that noses also come in all kinds of shapes, not all of them are those perfect little, perky ones. xD

As for help, the only thing that comes to mind now is to browse deviantArt for nose tutorials. Most of them are pretty good and helpful so I hope you manage to dig out something useful. As for the lighting, it's not bad, you got the gist of it, it just needs some additional tweaks (like adding some subtle reflected pink lighting on the inside of the girl's hair - the left portion that's mainly bright yellow). My only gripe is that her eyes are a bit too far apart, especially her right eye, it kinda looks like it wants to run off the girl's side of face lol so moving it a bit towards the center of her face might look better. Usually, the 'perfect' space between eyes equals the size/length of an eye of the person but yeah, just like noses, eyes can also be too far apart or too close.

Keep it up, nice to see you back! :D

Signature

90% of professional artist use live/photo reference. so, you can try google to start with >>click. Or you can try looking at j-idol and k-pop idol that they have in minitokyo. for example >>click.

jakuro

jakuro

殁 4 LIFE

Quote by killia90% of professional artist use live/photo reference. so, you can try google to start with >>click. Or you can try looking at j-idol and k-pop idol that they have in minitokyo. for example >>click.

That's true... come to think of it my favorite photoshop painter (from Korea :O) uses references ;-;..... I tried a realistic nose but I think since her eyes are so spread like Alenas mentioned.. that it didn't look right >_< I think I will just start another with the same face angle

Signature
::wake up in a dying world looking like the antidote::

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.