Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Group Section Rejuvination - Minitokyo

Group Section Rejuvination

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Sinistra

Sinistra

MT Fanatic

OK, I know I haven't been here for quite some time because I have been busy with a lot of stuff in my life going on . But I have noticed that there is a lot of groups that are inactive. and I mean a lot of them. We need to get old members back to start being a part of the community again. The groups section needs to be either rejuvenated or any groups that do not have an active administrator should be given to someone that will take care of the group for the future of the site. I will start being an active part of the community again and keep my 2 groups active as I can.

anti-spammers | photoshop-lovers

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Well, inactive groups with very few members (like 4-5) can be handed over to someone else. There is one caveat though: it's not possible to change the name of the group. Likewise, if you want to take over an inactive group with many members, you can do so provided you don't drastically change the profile of the group (for example, don't alter Vectory to a group targeted at Sailor Moon fans).

I assume the groups are inactive because most topics have been discussed to death (especially in regards to series-specific groups), or the members have left Minitokyo completely (lack of time, lack of interest in anime etc.).

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Sinistra

Sinistra

MT Fanatic

Has the MT staff thought about sending out a mass email newsletter to all the members? A lot of them could think MT met the same fate as AnimePaper. I mean I thought the same thing till I went through my bookmarks to see that MT was still on the web XD. But I have been away from this community for some time and I was surprised to see in this condition. I know a lot of the old members like Jaderabbit and others have retired and not planning on returning. But I think if we can get the groups back up and running that meant something to this community (i.e. user page designs) the site might pick back up. Again I say I have been away for some time so I would have to get back into the skin design again but hey.

anti-spammers | photoshop-lovers

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

That's one idea, but I'm not sure how it could work. It would mean visiting everyone's page and getting their e-mail addresses, then sending out e-mails using the mods' private e-mail addresses, as Minitokyo isn't set up for a newsletter-type service (even the old Maigetsu issues were posted as threads). You can see how this could go wrong:
1) mods may not be that keen on possibly having their e-mail accounts frozen for sending out so many e-mails;
2) mods may simply not want to use their private e-mail addresses for something like this;
3) members' e-mail addresses may no longer be active.

Personally, I'm not a fan of websites harassing me to return or spamming me with "why you no log in? :(" stuff (one site did, which just reinforced my decision to stay away from it). Lately there have been older members returning to Minitokyo and hanging around, and it's easy to Google Minitokyo and see if it still exists, if there's any interest in doing so.

Skin designing is neat. I like to play around with the CSS, though admittedly I haven't had that much time to do so lately. You've probably noticed it yourself that the focus has shifted drastically to the gallery (specifically, towards scans, as that is the category with the most submissions per day), but something related to CSS and graphic design (like a contest hosted by a group) could work!

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.