Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 A few weird things - Minitokyo

A few weird things

page 1 of 1 3 total items

jakuro

jakuro

殁 4 LIFE

Okay heres some things I wanted to change or couldn't fix myself...

Visual of the problem:
http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss250/JakuroSigs/Untitled-4.png
Related Code:

Quote: #content .markItUpHeader ul { height: 20px; margin: 10px 0 0 0; }
#content .markItUpHeader ul li { list-style:none; float:left; position:relative; clear: none; }
.markItUpHeader ul li ul{ display: none; }
.markItUpHeader ul li:hover > ul{ display:block; }
.markItUpHeader ul .markItUpDropMenu { background:transparent; margin-right:5px; }
.markItUpHeader ul .markItUpDropMenu li { margin-right:0px; }
.markItUpHeader ul .markItUpSeparator { margin:0 4px; width: 1px; height:16px; overflow:hidden; background-color:#dcdcdc; }
.markItUpHeader ul ul .markItUpSeparator { width:auto; height:1px; margin:0px; }
/* next rows of buttons */
.markItUpHeader ul ul { display: none; position:absolute; top: 8px; left:0px; height:inherit; }
.markItUpHeader ul ul li { float:none; background: none; }
/* next rows of buttons */
.markItUpHeader ul ul ul { position:absolute; top:-1px; left:150px; }
.markItUpHeader ul ul ul li { float:none; }
.markItUpHeader ul a { display:block; width:16px; height:16px; text-indent:-10000px; background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-image: #ffffff; border: 1px solid #232323; color: #6b6b6b; }
.markItUpHeader ul a:hover { border-color: #232323; }
.markItUpHeader ul ul a { display:block; padding-left:0px; text-indent:0; width:120px; padding: 5px; background: #000; }
.markItUpHeader ul ul a:hover { color:#6b6b6b; background-color:#000; }

.markItUp .markItUpButton1 a { background-position: 0 -112px; }
.markItUp .markItUpButton2 a { background-position: -16px -112px; }
.markItUp .markItUpButton3 a { background-position: -32px -112px; }
.markItUp .markItUpButton4 a { background-position: -32px -128px; }
.markItUp .markItUpButton5 a { background-position: -16px -128px; }
.markItUp .markItUpButton6 a { background-position: 0px -128px; }
.markItUp .markItUpButton7 a { background: none; text-indent: 0; width: auto; padding: 0 2px; }
.markItUp .markItUpButton8 a { background: none; text-indent: 0; width: auto; padding: 0 2px; }
.markItUp .markItUpButton9 a { background: none; text-indent: 0; width: auto; padding: 0 2px; }

Visual of the problem: http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss250/JakuroSigs/Untitled1.png
Related code:

Quote: #random p, #random p * {
font-size: 15px;
color: #6b6b6b;
}

Comment: I only copied it out of the Inspect box .. I also trid adding #random p a.

Visual of the problem:
http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss250/JakuroSigs/Untitled2.png
Comment: Is there a way to make the list-style image alternate? I tried the suggested "li li" or "#menu li li" but I'm betting its not scripted or something. I dont know a lot. It seems to me that I could use the list-counter set to 2 but I have no way to set the second list-style image.
Link to 2nd image: http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss250/JakuroSigs/deadlili.png

I know this is a jumbled mess lol no obligations

Signature
::wake up in a dying world looking like the antidote::

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

The first issue...I'm assuming you changed the position of the text box within your userpage. Either mess around with your settings again, or restore the original ones. I don't know how your coding is set up, but you should go for padding-direction rather than fixed positions e.g. "padding-left: 50px" instead of "margin-left: 50px". If you specify fixed positions you run the risk of having display issues, whereas padding ensures the position will adapt according to everything else on screen.
Also, I believe "margin" is considered from the border of the screen, whereas "padding" is considered from the border of the container element e.g. "margin-left: 50px" means your text box will always be 50px away from the left border of the screen, while "padding-left: 50px" means it will be 50px away from the left of the container element (in this case, the #content section).

Am I right in understanding that for the second issue (text bleeding across rows), you've tried to make the display box/menu width smaller? In this case, you should also make the font size smaller (to something like 10). Although...the font-size bit refers to text, and what you're having trouble with is a link. They're defined separately, which is why you have different colors on regular text and links. Otherwise they'd all be the same color.
You can probably add another piece in your code:

Quote: #random p a, #random p a:hover {
font-size: 10px;
color: #6b6b6b;}

Alternatively, if you don't care about things looking cutoff:

Quote: #random p a, #random p a:hover { overflow: hidden; }

Quote: Comment: Is there a way to make the list-style image alternate? I tried the suggested "li li" or "#menu li li" but I'm betting its not scripted or something. I dont know a lot. It seems to me that I could use the list-counter set to 2 but I have no way to set the second list-style image.

If it's not already defined in the code, then no. You can add a lot of new CSS and HTML tricks to your page, but the thing is that they won't work elsewhere because there's nothing to actually call them.
e.g. if you define a custom paragraph style in your CSS you can only use it on your page, since it isn't used anywhere else on MT
So in this case, if the list is not coded to support multiple types of bullets, then I don't think it's possible. TBH I've never been curious to dabble into it, but you can always try.

The CSS edit in the Random section is different in that it is used by content that already exists (links within that section).

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

jakuro

jakuro

殁 4 LIFE

Thanks im gonna fiddle with it some more >.< I used the alternate image on the content area and its satisfying enough lol.. I can't say that I wont try to do what you described - It'd be a first on here lol

The #random part worked when i pasted it in, but the a:hover function is still yellow. that's okay though lol close enough

...also the problem i had with the text submit forms has somehow fixed itself LOL

thank you pan :S

Signature
::wake up in a dying world looking like the antidote::

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Userpage Customization | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.