Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Cellphones: At What Age? - Minitokyo

Cellphones: At What Age?

page 1 of 1 6 total items

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Hi all,

In an attempt to ignite some discussion... at what age, or under what circumstances is it appropriate for a child to have a cellphone?

I know that every family or person has their specific reasons for when/why they get a cellphone, but I'm just curious to see what members' opinions are. :)

Signature Image

Painter

Painter

Skull Master >:3

Children could start depend on such gadjets. I've got my first cellphone when I was 13 and it was simply for connectifying with my family.
Modern cellphones only spoil kids, I suppose :[

In my opinion cellphones are very useful even at a young age, it may help children to communicate with others and encourage them to be more sociable.
But most of all cellphones allow children to stay in contact with parents in case of danger, it's really important ! Of course ,there are some negative aspects about
cellphones specially smartphones > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_overuse

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

I had our (shared with my brother) first phone when I was of 10, it was to keep in touch with my parents since mom worked in another city and dad's job taking 12hours/day. It was simply to keep in touch with them.
I officially got my own phone 2 years ago and my own smartphone last year. xD
Well I'm not a very phone loving person, I find a laptop keyboard much easier to type fast. But phone comes handy in many aspects. Most of my books are in my phone so no need to carry load, I can take pictures anytime, browse internet on my fingers and etc etc.
Though kids nowadays literally abuses phone by playing tooo much games and checking Facebook and other media notifications 100times/day. Many of my people are candy crush junkie xD I honestly don't have any games in my phone.

To be honest, I'm posting this post with my phone, lol.

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

Emeralis

Emeralis

Self proclaimed Sugar Monster

I had my first mobile phone at 11. Nokia 3310 was all the rage and that was the age when I started to walk to school and back by myself so it was for emergencies. I don't think kids really need phones, you need to be at least 13 for most online accounts. But I understand some people don't have computers (crazy!) so they use their phones for internet, games and social networking.

Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

when they get into their sophomore year in high school should they get a smart phone, otherwise, all they need is one that calls and texts with very little minutes each month. it'll probably not teach them anything, but this is my opinion on the whole matter. and when they get the smartphone an app should be installed, one that tracks where the kid is, the other to monitor what the kid is doing and the ability to lock the cell on the parent/guardian's end.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.