Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Which is better? The first movie or second (Bloodlust)? - Minitokyo

Which is better? The first movie or second (Bloodlust)?

Tagged under Vampire Hunter D

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Shadu

Shadu

Lost Myself

Okay, I'm not sure if there's more than two Vampire Hunter D movies, but after seeing these two, I've come to a conclusion. . . I DEFINITELY prefer Bloodlust over the first one. I mean, the artwork is beautiful, and the story is a lot more stimulating. Anywho, I was wondering. . . which do you like better?

You need only believe. . .

Both movies are equally awesome, but I guess the first one would be my most favorite becuz it was the first anime movie i ever watched. I do agree that the artwork on Bloodlust is much better that in the first movie but each movie was made with at least a ten years span between them, so that is something to think about when comparing the two. But the one thing I don't like about Bloodlust is that the soundtrack over powers the dialogue in some parts of the movie. however, I have to say that the artistry in the Bloddlust is FANTASTIC!

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

I must agree - Bloodlust was better than the first. I saw the original 1st, thought it alright (the art was so-so, but the dubbing really sucked). Story was decent. But then I saw Bloodlust and it was like a different story altogether! The art was amazing (the dubbing still wasn't brilliant though), and I thought the stroy was much better written. Better thought out characters as well.

Generally I prefer Bloodlust's art style to that of the 1st movie (eg. Devilman, Vampire Princess Miyu, etc.). Don't know who the companies were that drew it, but Bloodlust whould definately stay as one of my favorites.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

With Bloodlust being more recent and taking advantages of the current tech and translation abilties it is of course better...right now. If they were redub the original with a better translation then I believe it would be on par with Bloodlust with the only difference being the animation style.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

I would have to agree that if they were to re-dub the first movie that it would be on par with Bloodlust. I love how the villian discovers in the end that D is the son of Count Dracula, the man that created the whole line of vampires. :)

The 2nd one is prettier, but the first one has a speical place in my heart in being one of the gateway anime for me. The hand is funnier in the 1st movie than the 2nd.

Iga

Iga

lost in green

OMG! I love Bloodlust so much! So, how the hell didn't I see thr first one yet?!

God, I feel so stupid right now (how can I still call myself a D fan T_T ) but then again I'm a little happy 'coz Ican look forward to seeing it.

*rushing off to beloved D*

I choose Bloodlust. Well the graphics of the firts one cannot be compared with the second one. And the story is better. Of course it is a bit clich

Definitely the second one (Bloodlust) is better.Don't know for the story,but the style,the artwork is perfect ;)

Anime lover & PSP owner
Signature

I\'ve only seen bloodlust. Never seen the 1st one. I like the bloodlust movie, cool graphics and ooooo la la does D look soooo good.

I liked Bloodlust better because of the graphics, but I thought both stories were very good.

Rejection=Depression

Personally, i like both of them even if the second movie is more sophisticated in terms of graphics and animation. The first one is still apealling to me, maybe because i like retro animes ? characters like Doris and Lamika were interesting, especially the latter. D's costume in the first movie looks less stylish comparing to the second movie but for some reason he seems to have a prettier face in the first one to me ^.^

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I'm a fan of them both, enjoy them both, but the second one I have watched the most. I'm not going with the art style, after all it is some time later since the first with better abilities with what we can do sort of thing, but the plot is stronger and the characters seem to be more in depth, and they bothered to add details to the busy background that they didn't bother with as much in the first, at least in my opinion anyways.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.