Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 About Changing Usernames - Minitokyo

About Changing Usernames

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Pop-pu

Pop-pu

~Autistic Artist~

Hello.

I'm sorta new here, but I have a question. I already know that usernames can be changed by PMing a Moderator, but there's something in the FAQ that strikes me as odd:

Quote: May I change my username?
Although it is strongly discouraged, one may change their username at Minitokyo, but only one time, and only under certain circumstances. You may PM one of the Moderators if you have a very good reason for wanting to change your username. Please provide your reason(s) when submitting such a request.

This is quite bizarre to me since other websites I've seen allow people to change usernames without any questions. So is what the FAQ says true?

If everyone could simply change the Username like and whenever they want then it would be a lot of work for the mods dont you thinnk?!
If you have a good reason then it shouldnt be a issue but if its just cause youre tired of your name then it might be some other issue.
Also the FAQ is old so maybe they have loosen up the rules a bit so give it a try and more then a NO you wont get from it ;)

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

Yes it's true, you can change your username, and it can only be done once. The staff doesn't allow members to change their names everytime they want to, because once an account is created, it can't be deleted.
Becoming tired of your name is not a good reason to change it, as Shimazaki pointed out. You can PM a mod (like me) and explain to them why you wanna change your username. Hope our replies were of any help.

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

Pop-pu

Pop-pu

~Autistic Artist~

I understand the reasoning of the rule so that mods won't get bombarded by requests. But to deny a person their request just because they don't have a particularly good reason to seems a little unfair to me. As a moderator on another website with similar rules, I only get username change requests every once in a while, though maybe it's because the site activity has greatly declined. This place also doesn't seem to be nearly as active as it did years ago, and with how many mods there are currently I assume that it wouldn't cause a lot of work for them if users can have their names changed without having to provide a good reason. But maybe that's just me, I dunno.

Oh well, I will consider whether or not I'll go through with it. Thank you for replying.

Huesin

Huesin

dead to everyone

The thing is, you haven't even tried yet, and you're already saying mods will deny your request, and that it's unfair ^^;
You can always PM a mod and ask. We're not as evil as you may think :)

You're welcome~

Signature
Into a world of lies.

Pop-pu

Pop-pu

~Autistic Artist~

Oh, I wasn't talking about myself, I was referring to users who want their usernames changed but don't any reasons. I also meant that the rule seems a little biased, I wasn't implying that the mods are unfair or anything. Forgive me for the misunderstanding, I'm just a bit worried that my reason might not be good enough, but I guess I'll give it a try.

Thanks again ^^

Huesin

Huesin

dead to everyone

I understand now, and don't worry about the misunderstandings. Mods are here to help :)

Have a good day~

Signature
Into a world of lies.

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

To add to this, changing a username leads to the removal of your avatar and possibly signature image (not sure on the latter) and you'll have to reupload them.
Members are allowed to change their username once, at most twice if for a very good reason. This is mostly done to prevent confusion.

For example, if you want to change your username from xXxXCute.Little.PrincessXxXx to CuteLittlePrincess, that's acceptable because you're arguably not 11 anymore. But wanting to change it again a week later is a no-go.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.