Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What was the last thing that blew your mind? - Minitokyo

What was the last thing that blew your mind?

page 1 of 1 7 total items

An idea, thought, story, experience, anything you learned at school/work. Please try to explain why it blew your mind, simply commenting 'zeitgeist' doesn't help us relate much. Avoid exaggerating like 'it blows my mind how well eminem raps 'or something, sure it's amazing, but was the revelation that there's a person who can rap that fast really that surprising and.. well actually he is pretty good, look I can't think of an example, but you get what I mean right?
That's it for guidelines.
For me the most recent mind blow was while reading the preface of this book where I was amazed by the author's insight:
That reason isn't satisfied with mere experience of nature. It demands that nature performs in accordance with reason's expectations, i.e. it creates mental structures or images of reality and expects nature to conform to them. And it often does. Creating such structures, is science. What an amazing way to put it. Paraphrased this:

Spoiler (show)

When Galilei experimented with balls of a definite weight on the inclined plane, when Torricelli caused the air to sustain a weight which he had calculated beforehand to be equal to that of a definite column of water, or when Stahl, at a later period, converted metals into lime, and reconverted lime into metal, by the addition and subtraction of certain elements; a light broke upon all natural philosophers. They learned that reason only perceives that which it produces after its own design; that it must not be content to follow, as it were, in the leading-strings of nature, but must proceed in advance with principles of judgement according to unvarying laws, and compel nature to reply its questions. For accidental observations, made according to no preconceived plan, cannot be united under a necessary law. But it is this that reason seeks for and requires. It is only the principles of reason which can give to concordant phenomena the validity of laws, and it is only when experiment is directed by these rational principles that it can have any real utility. Reason must approach nature with the view, indeed, of receiving information from it, not, however, in the character of a pupil, who listens to all that his master chooses to tell him, but in that of a judge, who compels the witnesses to reply to those questions which he himself thinks fit to propose. To this single idea must the revolution be ascribed, by which, after groping in the dark for so many centuries, natural science was at length conducted into the path of certain progress.

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

agent-Achika

agent-Achika

Nobody can be uncheered

The last thing that blew my mind, was when
I was watching an MTV series called:
(True Life) & it was about 3 people
who were hearing impaired aka
Deaf. One of the people was a woman who
had studied dance for several years & wanted
to become a professional dancer for a
Famous football team cheerleading Squad.
Considering that her ears decibles
were completely gone & that she survived
day by day reading people's lips to communicate
was already shocking enough; but the fact
that she learned how to execute various dance
genre styles w/out being able to hear
the music was simply astonishing to me.
She was an excellent dancer professionally
speaking. She could everything literally
as a full on hearing dancer could do if
not better.

kuchukuTulip

kuchukuTulip

proud to be a muslim!

*spam*
*spam*
*spam*

Well it was probably last year when i broke half my body in an unexpected car accident.

Not literally blow your mind! Goddamn! D:
(are you fine now though?
edit: *reads sb* oh you're fine I see =_=)

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

I have a good offer for you to get a bonus of 25 euros, and you can get this bonus here vulkan vegas 25. And also we have a lot of gambling games for all tastes.

gom player crack https://getcrackintopc.com/

Recently purchased a novel from Bloomingdale, "Atomic Habits" by James Clear. The book blew blew my mind with its emphasis on the power of small daily habits and creating an environment that supports positive habits. The book offers practical strategies for developing good habits and breaking bad ones, supported by research and real-world examples. Overall, it was a thought-provoking and inspiring read that gave me a fresh perspective on personal growth and development.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.