Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Favourite academic books? - Minitokyo

Favourite academic books?

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Please share with us any academic books and authors you absolutely loved.

I wish good academic books were as popular as novels. I find them equally, if not more, entertaining.

Currently I'm reading and liking :
Book: Theory of Price
Author: George Stigler
Field: Economics
Comment:
it's the first book I've ever read on economics. The best thing I like is that the book is meant for the layman. He uses intuitive examples, thought provoking exercises, and Instead of intimidating us with jargon and symbols, he attempts to convince us why economics matters, what are its limitations, and how it affects us in a very straightforward manner.

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

Miss-Mess

Miss-Mess

A hero, somtimes.

• "The New concept of modern Mathematics" <- the author was my prof who isnt famous you will not find his name in Wikipedia neither anywhere.
• "The development of ideal idea of education".
• "into in Philosophy".

TheCompiler: it seems a good book for those who love economics, so sad I hate economis.

In my opinion these books are life changing.
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
Bhagwad Geeta by Swami Vivekananda
My experiments with truth by Mahatma Gandhi
Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramhans yogananda
Subtle art of not giving a fuck by Mark Manson
Atomic habits by James Clear
Siddhartha by Herman Hesse
Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell

A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking, awesome book

My favorite one is Orientalism by Edward Said, I wrote an essay about this book and got the highest score in the class. Luckily I found writing service to help me write my essay fast. They are pro in writing and proofreading and helped me a lot. Such services are great option for students.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.