Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Weirdest movie you've ever seen - Minitokyo

Weirdest movie you've ever seen

page 1 of 1 17 total items

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Doesn't matter if you only saw part of it. What the most f'ed up, mind-bending, head-scratchingly bizarre piece of cinema you've ever witnessed?

For me, I'd say Holy Mountain. Want to feel like you're tripping but not actually take anything? Watch this. Seriously. It has Jesus, gods that may not be gods, meditation, a cult, a dystopian society and a mechanical vagina that can orgasm.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

BushidoGaara

BushidoGaara

Your eyes see nothing...

The weirdest movie I've ever seen had to be Lucy. It was about a woman who had unique powers and can see into the past and future. She got the power by taking in some kind drug into her system. I rated the movie a 6/10

Knowing it is an ideal never to be reached...strive toward it again today. As a matter of course. - Kaname Tosen (Bleach)

Blue-Crescent

Blue-Crescent

The Wandering Moonchild.

@Pande-chan: Hi Pande-chan! For me, it's gotta be The Cabin in the Woods. Man! I think that movie is really weird. Keeping a secret laboratory below a cabin where they have a bunch of computer-generated merciless monsters and they use them to kill those group of travelers who found the cabin. Those monsters are really gross and it sure give me the creeps, especially when they realized that whatever is happening is being observed by a group of maniacs who control the computer system that releases the monsters in the woods.

@BushidoGaara: Hi my good friend! Oh I love Lucy and for me it's a pretty good movie but I must say that you are definitely right. It sure is weird especially how they depicted the effects of that substance to the human body. Also, I really forgot how is that substance called but that substance really exist, but the effects to the human body as depicted in the movie is purely fictional. Such substance is commonly found in the human body in pregnant women and it has toxic effects to human in high amounts. ^^

" A mind full of bitter memories , a past drenched in sadness and watered with my tears,
A heart nurtured by the littlest spark of hope, a present fed by the wildest dreams,
A body scarred by the savage adversities, a future that holds the greatest uncertainties,
These are the deepest parts of my blue soul, armored and shielded by an indestructible fortress. " Signature

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

@ BushidoGaara: you know, after being on Reddit a lot for the past few days and seeing this movie talked about a lot, there's a joke that always comes up:

Spoiler (show)

Does she really turn into an USB stick at the end? Like, literally?

If so, I'm disappointed because the trailer looked kinda cool (barring the stupid "we only use 10% of our brains" myth that still hasn't disappeared somehow).

@ Blue-Crescent: it actually makes a lot of sense if you interpret it as the teens being the actors, the scientists being the filmmakers and the elder gods being the audience. The gods (audience) demand sacrifices (actors entertaining us) from the scientists (filmmakers), or they will riot. The whole movie made a LOT more sense to me after I read this theory somewhere ^^

I'll throw in Enemy too while I'm at it. Watched it after seeing it recommended on Reddit a lot, could barely finish it. It's pretty "normal" up until the last 3-4 seconds, which are completely WTF because they feature something that makes ZERO sense in the context of the film's reality. I've read a theory that it's supposed to be a representation of the main character's state of mind, but to be honest the entire movie itself was so boring and annoying that I legitimately didn't care about anything at the end :/

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

Lucy in a nutshell :P
I like this version but I hated the original Lucy movie tbh xD

Another weird movie I've watched is Noah.. it has rock giants, people dressed in black leather (stupid hollywood), wars.. I thought it was a funny incoherent movie at first, but truth is, it suxx >.<

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

Blue-Crescent

Blue-Crescent

The Wandering Moonchild.

@Pande-chan: Haha. Thank you for that Pande-chan! Now, I get to see it in a deeper way. That thing that gave me the creeps was that I was seeing myself as one of the the teens and then my brain being eaten by those monsters. XD

" A mind full of bitter memories , a past drenched in sadness and watered with my tears,
A heart nurtured by the littlest spark of hope, a present fed by the wildest dreams,
A body scarred by the savage adversities, a future that holds the greatest uncertainties,
These are the deepest parts of my blue soul, armored and shielded by an indestructible fortress. " Signature

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Quote by HuesinLucy in a nutshell :P
I like this version but I hated the original Lucy movie tbh xD

Lmao I'd pay money to see that XD "Hugh men brain", "Samuel L. Jackson", "I don't...care" XDD

@ Blue-Crescent: it was seriously weird how the zombies (?) kept coming back even after being "killed" :P Definitely different from regular zombies!

Blue-Crescent

Blue-Crescent

The Wandering Moonchild.

@Pande-chan: Yes indeed Pande-chan. T.T And i hate to admit it but I had real nightmares of that. T.T

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Speaking of zombies, the remake (1991) of Night of the Living Dead (from the '60s) was one of the first - if not THE first - zombie movies I've ever seen.
Of course, it both traumatized me accordingly AND started my love of horror movies XD
I guess the "weird" part would be how realistic those effects looked to lil' ol' me (still too chicken to rewatch it so can't say what I think of them now XD)

LuluOokami

LuluOokami

Sir Lulu

Mutant World is one of the weirdest movies I have ever seen cause one moment they are humans then they are mutants and some die and yet they are walking around as humans later on.

@Pande that remake was good and nothing truly scare about it when you compare it to some of the more recent ones they done.

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution"

Horseradish

Horseradish

A-R-T-P-O-P

The weirdest movie I have seen so far was "Hells"----but known as "Hell's Angels"----an OVA adapted and created by MADHOUSE Inc. Although it was pretty weird most of the time, there is a really nice story behind it and so I loved it as well. Haha. Next weird movie (which I also happen to love as well) is "Paprika", also by MADHOUSE Inc. It's one of those bizarre films that if you're not really paying attention, you would get lost in the story halfway through. But it is pretty damn good.

Signature

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Ooh, I've heard a few things about Paprika, it's definitely on my to-watch list!
As far as anime goes, Puni Puni Poemi takes the cake for weird. It's like they tried to cram every bit of random insanity within two OVA's time.
And I love every last bit of it. Actually, I do believe I'm due for a rewatch :D

tishdon

tishdon

Lost in Transit

I have watched quite a few unmemorable weird movies.

However one I can remember, probably because of the demonic rabbit, is Donnie Darko. The movie has an awesome soundtrack, a nice twist at the end and does have a interesting story line. But it can be quite confusing until you understand what is actually happening - which happens near the end.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

Rubber. a killer tire, which kills. couldn't stop watching it and have nothing to compare it to otherwise.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

BushidoGaara

BushidoGaara

Your eyes see nothing...

The Hateful Eight. There was absolutely no plot to that movie. I guess Tarintino was running out of ideas. But I would prefer Kill Bill.

Knowing it is an ideal never to be reached...strive toward it again today. As a matter of course. - Kaname Tosen (Bleach)

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

naw that's the type of movie when you bring politics to a movie, Django unchained is another point to that.

now Reservoir Dogs is a good play on weirdness, a solid plot and once you see it, you won't be able to listen to a certain song without seeing that one scene playing over in your head.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Steffi1690

Moderator, Scanner

Steffi1690

~Living in my Dreamworld~

Grace - I think thats the name of the movie. My sis bought it 'cause Johnny Depp was playing in there.... the whole time I asked myself "What is going on? What is the story? What am I actually watching!?"

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.