Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What's the Deal With Necro-Threading? - Minitokyo

What's the Deal With Necro-Threading?

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Now, I get being nostalgic and all, but what I don't understand is all the necro-threading that's going on. Like I've seen far too many threads that have been revived over a decade ahead of the fact, and it leads me to wonder, is necro-threading allowed? Clarification would be appreciated.

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

According to forum guidelines If a thread has not had any new posts in over four weeks, it can be considered inactive and a new thread can be opened on the same topic.
Also considering the site's current state posting on any old forum is worthless because the OP maybe now inactive. Or the discussion now no longer hold a meaning.
In old times when MT used to have credit system people used to create many random threads and others used to comment on it to earn "credits" to download images.
I highly encourage creating new threads of any old title to see new/Current member's point of view thou.

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

That's not at all what I was getting at. I know not to necro post. I figure that went without saying.

Sorry if my post came off as a bit cryptic, but I was basically saying that, on this site, there's necro posting up the wazoo and it seems like no mods actually manage to do anything about it. Which I think is a bit sad. I know this site is essentially dead, but I'd love to be able to change that.

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

From what I recall there is no solid rule stating that necro posting isn't allowed. So I don't think mods have to take any solid step against it.
If you have suggestions to fix the problem, you're more than welcome to let us know them and we'll try to consider them. ^^;

Signature Image

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

due to the inactivity of the site, we are now permitted to bump old posts. somewhere this is documented somewhere, but we were given the green light to do such a thing. there's the mentioning in the faq, but I can remember blue stating we could, feel free to search around monu as you're teal you're able to backtrack that further that I can now. I just can't recall which blue, probably a retired mod by now I'm sure.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by Monu-chanFrom what I recall there is no solid rule stating that necro posting isn't allowed. So I don't think mods have to take any solid step against it.

Mentioned in the Forum Gudelines link that is in the FAQ, Monu ; )

and I would definitely agree, Xuan! The guidelines should be updated by a current blue to better represent this. Especially since the rules currently say it is not allowed, which creates confusion like this with new members.

Signature Image

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

it caused confusion for this old member what you talking about :P but it is true, nothing wrong with a current update, it typically helps, not to mention it can help with the flood of reports that come about from reporting old thread bumping. accidents happen that's why staff kindly tells/reminds the bumpers, but if there are changes that can confuse even further then there's nothing wrong with another update. perhaps there is a blue out there with some spare time on their paws? oh I so went there :D but, regardless, we still got a lot of active threads that aren't ancient so feel free to play in there until we get more assistance in here to shake the tree for some recent sources to link back to on what we should and shouldn't be bumping.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

I'm sorry for not informing the accurate answer. (Having exams, not much time for digging in policy so just answered based on my experience here)

While I think it is okay to post in old threads. But there should be a limit to it, I guess 2-3 year old threads are okay to post it, maximum 4 year old (by OP not last post). Atm, I don't think any Blue has spare time for redrafting the rules/guidelines. Most I could do is to ask Firefly-san to edit the guidelines a bit when she can.
And I totally agree with Bunny-san about posting in threads that are not thaaat ancient, and I appreciate if someone makes new thread instead.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and confusion caused by me, RogerSmith2004. I hope you understand.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.