Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is Minitokyo slowly Dying? - Minitokyo

Is Minitokyo slowly Dying?

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 38 total items

good to know, i had some ideas about some threads so i think i will make one when i can spare the time, thought of a little game but with more thoughts about the content also some anime related thread for the recent animes.

I also would wish the sandbox would be used more often, not because of bad wallpapers more because i would like to see Experienced Wallers sharing their wisdom with others and working together for making great Walls.

In the end real life decides how active we can be.

ShanaFlare

ShanaFlare

Mystical Crystallisation

I was gonna make a thread about this until I saw this :) sadly yes the site isn't as active and lively compared to 5 years ago. Whether it's the groups and wallpaper submissions, you can either put it to people being more inactive than ever (still visit site) or more people are quitting than joining :(

Courage within the Purest Child.
Signature

I would say that the site isnt as much appealing as it once was, if i want scans then sure MT is number one but thats all.
The Truth is without the admins approval (whos isnt much on MT) many good ideas for improvement dont have a chance to be realized.
Some things cant be changed like lack of inactivity which is more about not existing Motivation.
MT still got a great daily count on People but all people are here for are the good organized Scan section which saddens me since Wallpaper art is going under.

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Well, it makes me sad too to see the wallpaper section not as active anymore. I can't speak for others but, in my case, I don't have the time or drive to make big projects anymore. Hell, I can't even remember the last time I opened Photoshop for things other than color adjustments, and I haven't even reinstalled Illustrator yet.

It's easier to post, download and resize scans down to wallpaper level, than to spend days on something.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

I'd love to make new wallpapers/indy-art but currently in a dilemma I'm working on. It's been a rough time without a pc. About to order some parts today, back-up my old files and finish a Miku vector/wallpaper and an ecchi one fitting the winter theme.

All in all, it's just the fact that people are generally too lazy to put any effort into anything past years (check what's hype/trendy in social media, etc). Only thing that would work is going off yourself to do things and become a disease that infects others (hopefully).

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

The forums yes. The website not really?

It's slow yea but healthy enough.

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

I'd love to make wallpapers and anime related art, but college is keeping me busy and then homework, I guess after drawing for literally 9 hours, one will feel tired to draw/vector something.
Everytime I open PS/SAI I save a wip, there's a pile of wips in my folder that can make a bridge from here to mars, lol.
Hoping to finish something very soon. Bleh.... it feels so frustrating when I've got proper tools to combine hand drawing and digital art knowledge, I'm hell busy with study related work... D:

Don't own artbooks or official stuff for scanning nor I'm a scan hunter, so can't contribute in that section.
It feels so sad to see such a lovely site getting less active to the point it's almost about to become a database of scans and old walls. Can't be helped though, lesser number for contributors and higher number for log in, downloads, log out members.

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

Steffi1690

Moderator, Scanner

Steffi1690

~Living in my Dreamworld~

I can only contribute scans! That's mostly the reason why I'm even buying the artbooks and magazines ^^'
But I started to draw again - maybe will upload...

Hakaru

Moderator, Tagger, Scanner

Hakaru

一緒に行こう

Sadly, Yes. Nowadays more people are moving to ZC.
ZC is more active, it also has a better tag and uploading system.

Don't assume your dreams are just fantasy.
If you can imagine a world, believe in it...and dive in.
Signature Image

Steffi1690

Moderator, Scanner

Steffi1690

But a special mod there is horror! So for uploading I prefer MT!

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

Yup, sadly all of us are slowly dying.. mwahaha~!

And the bad thing is that people say it's all my fault >__>

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

As I'm busy with my study and internship (that'll be a job by next month or april), it's safe to assume that I'm retiring as a waller soon. I want to let go of anime style touch in my art so I'll rarely draw it, and working more on making my art more versatile, but I'll still try to keep things working here till site's last breath.

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

Steffi1690

Moderator, Scanner

Steffi1690

MT can't die what should I do with all the artbooks and magazines then..?
Need to learn faster scanning!

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

Life goes on .. but been here since 2004 and keep on lurking. And switched from wallpapers to photographing real models <g>

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 38 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.