Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Are you a lefty? - Minitokyo

Are you a lefty?

page 1 of 1 10 total items

happytail73

happytail73

TRUE BLOOD FUDANSHI!

As we all know the mouse that you holding right now while reading this post is place on the right side. Almost all things are designed for right-handed, right? Was that redundant? Right?

Actually I was born as a left handed but when I started schooling, my grandmother would punish me every time I write(right) using my left hand so I was really forced to use my right hand because he said that lefties are having this connotation as being cheaters and bad people. (Old people have this traditional mindset.) So to cut the story short, I have become ambidextrous which is somehow beneficial in many ways. But sometimes there is a dominant hand for a specific activity. Like, for example when I chop/cut using a knife I feel comfortable using my right hand but when eating I usually use my left hand to hold the chopsticks though I could use them efficiently just like the other hand.(Okay, enough on my personal history and let’s ask the real questions.)

So, I would like to ask about your view/opinion on people who are left handed. (For right handed people, be it cultural, social or whatever)
Was this world a little bit unfair for lefties? (Obviously for lefties)

P.S. For ambidextrous people out there, you could answer either one of them or both. Additionally, I don’t believe on surveys or studies saying lefties are more inclined on music, arts and more intelligent on right handed people.

Live a little! Cry and Laugh a lot! And don't forget to always Love!

Dreadwave

Dreadwave

Hunter of snark bait.

Left handed. I always despised how the desk were made for right handed people. Not to mention notebooks and binders always made it awkward to write on.

Plus driving. There's no resting spot for my right foot so I'm forced to use it but lo and behold there's a spot to rest my left foot which is a shame because I use it.

Socially I didn't face any stigma.

I guess I have an advantage over most people. At least I know I'm not getting a happy ending.Signature Image

I identify as right-handed for most of my life until my mother said she held my left hand down every time I use it to grab something. This explains a lot since I had always felt weird because I'm more 'aware' of my left hand. I'm not sure how to explain it. I wouldn't go so far as calling myself ambidextrous, I'm more mix-handed. My left is stronger but far less coordinated.

I wasn't aware that it's pretty hard for left-handed people living in a right-handed world until college when the tables are tiny and my left-handed buddy struggle to write on that. I don't see him any different as a person.

Oh yeah, you can easily change the setting of your mouse in the control panel btw.

I am right handed, however, I am aware that there are few readily available options for they who are left handed. Scissors, rifles, even many school desks are designed for right handed persons. Gaming mice are designed for right handed gamers, using them is more problematic for left handed people. Writing on paper with an ink pen is easily smudged when writing in Western script, as opposed to Eastern characters. By definition, ambidextrous means equally adept with both hands, not better with one hand for one set of functions while better with the opposite hand for an equal quantity of different functions, contrary to a very common misconception.

left handed

lalagirl211

lalagirl211

BELIEVE In YOURSELF!!!

I am right handed but my sister told me a story about this student and everytime he use his left hand the nun would spank it bcus being left handed r possessed by evil.... Its not like its true just a superstitious beliefs

This World Is Wrong . . .

SolemnSerpent

SolemnSerpent

"Fate, up against your will."

This world was made for right handed people. Honestly. Binders, lined paper; my school notebooks were a pain because the metal rings would disrupt my fluidity in writing, and I'd either have deep impressions in my skin or I'd twist the notebook around to suit my left hand. Nowadays, they make specialized stuff for left handed people, but I'd have to pay out of my ass just to purchase many of them. $20, $30 (on a couple of sites) for a pair of left-handed scissors is ridiculous.

I've had that punishment happen to some of my older relatives, since they came from a very superstitious country. How being left handed makes you in cahoots with the devil is beyond my comprehension. However, the superstition of some human beings can be astonishing with how it limits intelligent reasoning.

I use both of my hands for a lot of things. My right hand tends to do more than my left hand, because of all of the adjusting I've had to do. I'll carry really heavy items with my right, but I'll brush & eat with my left. I've been trying to learn how to write with both hands and it has been good thus far. I need a little more practice though.

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” —Mark Twain
“There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.” —Jack E. Leonard
Good Links: Tagging Guide || FAQ || Policy || "No Pixiv Allowed" || "If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son..."

agent-Achika

agent-Achika

Nobody can be uncheered

I am definitely a lefty & proud lol.
I hated how I had to always get
special scissors in due
to being the ONLY left-handed student
in my classes during grade school.
I was so ostracized bcuz of that ugh.

Five percent more IQ. Five percent less life span. This defines us left handed people.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

gadisitugirl

gadisitugirl

D u n d u n

I have friends who are left handed but they are good both in arts and intelligent. It think right or left handed doesn't matter if you have skills and experience XD

Signature Imageᴍᴀʏ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss ʙᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜs! ಥ‿ಥ

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.