Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Spambot Alert! - Minitokyo

Spambot Alert!

This thread is pinned.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Hello Everyone!
I'm here to inform you that if you're getting PM of any Spambot like this:

Quote by oablcbHi, go to our website <insert weird site link>

Please do not click on the link and inform any active staff member, or simply to me. (Since we don't have PM report feature)
Recently someone created 100+ accounts within an hour or so. And IP ban is not in our (i.e. moderators') hands. So please feel free to inform us so we'll manually punish them!

If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me.

Sincerely,
MT staff.

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

cleaetpauline60

cleaetpauline60

I love Otome Game ! ♥

Oh ! I got this message too. Fortunately I didn't click on the link. :')

So did anyone click it? There must have been at least one person who must have clicked it right?
Where art thou o wayfarer who has been to the mysterious website and has returned, pray retell to us what ye saw?

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Quote by TheCompilerSo did anyone click it? There must have been at least one person who must have clicked it right?
Where art thou o wayfarer who has been to the mysterious website and has returned, pray retell to us what ye saw?

Please don't get off topic and make others click on them.

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

Melisandre

Melisandre

>Little gothic witch<

Thanks for the advice! ^^ I received it but it was so suspicious I did not click on it... >.<

Signature
Happy to be
Admin of BrokenWings-TrinityBlood

Blue-Crescent

Blue-Crescent

The Wandering Moonchild.

It's my ototo-chan over there. <3 Haha.

Fortunately, I had some sort of immunity over it since I didn't receive any. Take care always guys and send my salutes to all the MT staffs. <3

" A mind full of bitter memories , a past drenched in sadness and watered with my tears,
A heart nurtured by the littlest spark of hope, a present fed by the wildest dreams,
A body scarred by the savage adversities, a future that holds the greatest uncertainties,
These are the deepest parts of my blue soul, armored and shielded by an indestructible fortress. " Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

thanks for looking into the fun situation, looks like a spam bot was super busy, 100 extra numbers to the lists of members!

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Just one question. What will happen if I come across these spambots and decide to click on them, what happen then?

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

it could be a scam, possibly a link that can steal your info aka phish you, your account and it could possibly be a Trojan to infect your system itself. here are some helpful links to explain further:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/phishing-symptoms.aspx
http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/definition/phishing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phishing

BuBbLeS!

Signature

agent-Achika

agent-Achika

Nobody can be uncheered

I never received the link,
but thank you for the update on what to look out for.

cheachan

Noctis Lucis Caelum

Thanks for the heads up :)

Signature
	Imagehttp://i40.tinypic.com/15f20ix.jpgSignature Image

Steffi1690

Moderator, Scanner

Steffi1690

~Living in my Dreamworld~

I also never received that pm. But thanks for the info.

hi!i got that messenge too!fortunately i didn't click on it!

bleachsenafan

bleachsenafan

-Bleach Is For Your Laundry-

I clicked on the link, then I immediately closed it, seemed harmless but neverthless couldn't be sure. Nothing happened after that so I guess I'm safe.
Annoying AF!

Thank you so much for looking into this.

I didn't receive the link. :3

Phishing is the attempt to acquire sensitive information (e.g. usernames, passwords and credit card details) or steal money by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication such as email, pop-up message, phone call or text message. Cybercriminals often use social engineering techniques to trick the recipient into handing over their personal information, transfer money or even download malicious software onto their device. Although some phishing scams can be poorly designed and are clearly fake, more determined criminals employ various methods to make them appear as
genuine.

Phishing attacks typically rely on social networking techniques applied to email or other electronic communication methods, including direct messages sent over social networks, SMS text messages and other instant messaging modes.

Phishers may use social engineering and other public sources of information, including social networks like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter, to gather background information about the victim's personal and work history, his interests, and his activities.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.