Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why hate Fllay? - Minitokyo

Why hate Fllay?

Tagged under Mobile Suit Gundam SEED

Do you like Fllay?

Yes
18 votes
No
18 votes
Unsure
5 votes
Yes and No
6 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 22 total items

xxKurumi

xxKurumi

inexplicably green

I have to wonder what it is that drives thousands (millions?) of fangirls (and boys) to spend precious time flaming and pitchforking a fictional character, least of all an anime character. Why is it that so many people hate Fllay Alster of Gundam SEED? I mean, honestly, she was the most realistic character of the SEED series: hurt, tragic, and so human. I'm scratching my head, is all.

If you like, or do not like her, why? Lacus-she tried to steal Kira from her (she techincally had him first, though using him as revenge), she was whiny, rich, spoiled? Go on and share. Oh, and the only rule I ask of this board: respond intelligently, please. Iif you're going to flame Fllay, do it with some class (therein, no "she iz a ugly b*tch, so shlw", or anything of the sort). Reasons you do or do not like her are favorable.

Debate on!

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

It's so easy to hate Flay... she was the anti-Lacus. Lacus was a character you can look up to as intelligent, wise and caring. Flay was the opposite of that. Since people were infatuated with Lacus, the natural response was to hate Flay.

But I agree with you, Flay was the most human of them. I actually really liked Flay's character and I thought she did a great job pushing the story forward in a way no other character could. While I thought she was petty, which makes her a hateable character, she also reacted in a way that many of us likely would have if put in that position.

Oh and Flay was the hottest character. I'm not saying... I'm just saying.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

xxKurumi

xxKurumi

inexplicably green

Well, when pit against Lacus, I'm sure any character would be unpopular. What I do really like about Fllay is she was really was the one human character. To me, a lot of the GS/GSD characters "play" human. Athrun also showed humanistic tendacies, too, though, after Nicol's murder. But, after her father was killed, the way she acted seemed normal, to me.

I love Lacus' character, but I don't think she showed much of a side after Siegel's death.

I don't really hate Fllay. She was just bad as a person. Manipulating too. She is not as great as Lacus.

Whats up?

Yes and No, cos she was realistic and like a human. Don't like her cos she was really anti-coordinator.

Signature
Control the Rage, Shinn!
"This is mankind's dream, mankind's desire, mankind's destiny! To be the strongest, to go the farthest, to climb the highest!To compete, to envy, to hate each other, and to devour one another!" - Rau Le Creuset

I think its because she used Kira to make him fight ... and when she came to know that he was a MIA she tried to get back to Sai and that's what I didn't like about her because everyone thought that she was Kira's "girlfriend" and so did Sai

She's also Lacus complete opposite in every way ...

And she's anti coordinator whereas every one on Archangel were okay with Kira ... but she had to create a scene in front of everybody to show how much she loves them (XD)

And since we're talking about her can someone tell me her relation with Raw le Cruz because she said he has her father's voice but I'm still confused :s

kagedarkmode

kagedarkmode

刃の下に心あり

I don't really hate Fllay...I just don't like her...
I mean, compared to Lacus-san, she's just plain evil...
...an emotionally wrecked, manipulative person...
She always picked on Lacus as well.
And if you're a Lacus fan, you'd naturally hate her...

. /l、
゙(゚、 。 7 nyan~
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

KazeKei

Enishi

Yes, she is the most realistic character. Why hate her? She is just hurt by the death of her father..

Signature

For me it's yes and no. At first I hated her for being so manipulative and somehow narrow-minded in all her hatred, but then she goes through some emotional changes and shows different sides of her personality, thing which makes her seem more human, indeed.
But I wouldn't compare her to Lacus, since Fllay would be at disadvantage from the start. Instead, I think a proper comparison would be to Lunamaria from Destiny. That's what a fully hateable, poor-minded and annoying character is all about, in my opinion. She continuously pursued Athrun, even though she new he was engaged; but when she finds out about his "death", she immediately makes out with Shinn (immediately means next episode, that's something). What I can't understand is how that kind of character could be more popular that Fllay.

I hate her because...
She's manipulative
Almost brainwashing Kira (in my persepective)
Treat Kira like a doll
Maybe that's all.

I like both of Fllay and Lacus. But for me, Fllay is better because she's more realistic and Lacus is too good to be true in this world full of bad people (that's what I only think). So I voted "yes and no".

PLEASE DON'T BE ANGRY BECAUSE THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION.

Signature Image
anime-fans-unitedtag-liciousanti-spammersuserpageskindesigns
Tagging: Visual novels, Gintama

i dislike her cos she's manipulative and seductive. but on one hand, i have to agree that her character is probably the most realistic of all.

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

it is yes and no with me becuase at first I hated her but after the ending I feel she was not that bad after all.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

veeh4anime

veeh4anime

? KIRABOSHI

Quote by Lacuslover81it is yes and no with me becuase at first I hated her but after the ending I feel she was not that bad after all.

I agree, for me it is yes and no. There are many reasons why to hate Flay, some that I see alot of people say is that she's a 'b***h, slvt, annoying' whatever. And I understand why people do, Flay's character at first seems to leave an impression of someone who's kind and open (Ep 1). As the anime progresses, after her father's death, she becomes hurt by the cruelty of war. This is what makes her become the teenager most people hate.

Overall, my point is yes I hated her, but in the end I pitied her. She somewhat matured throughout the series, and clearly made me think she wasn't as bad as I thought she was.

OYAKATA-SAMAAAAAAAAA!
Signature

Everybody either likes Flay while hate her at the same time OR just hate her.I think most of the people that hate Flay is becuase they are in love with Lacus.I liked Flay durring the first episode because i thought she would be like Lacus is but then i start seeing her other sides so i start to little by little like her less(not hate her) but as the series was getting towards the end i started feeling sorry for her,and ended up liking her again.

IDK why everyone likes Lacus

I personally like Lunamaria more than Lacus

Signature

Thiendrah

Thiendrah

Insane but not Crazy

Fllay was just a girl who wanted things done her way, and if she couldn't have them her way, she would use what ever means to get it. She manipulated Kira and Sai, she tried to use Lacus as a hostage, she's just a spoiled brat and useless person. No one likes her because no one should like her.

The dream is ending; the nightmare only just beginning.

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

Sure she became an emotional wreck after losing her father, but before Flay lost her father, she was rude to Lacus when she was introducing herself and Flay acted bias towards Coordinators and carelessly said she didn't want anything to do with Coordinators when Kira was present. Then she threatened to kill Lacus if the ZAFT didn't stop firing in the direction of the ship that her father was on. After her father's death, she decided to use Kira as her tool of revenge and took advantage of Kira of when he was in his own emotional distress. She also betrayed Sai, the person that was by her side after her father was killed. So that's why I don't like Flay.

Signature

-_+> i have to agree with Kurumi-san..
-_+> actually Fllay Alster is MY MOST FAVORITE CHARACTER in GS.. at first,, i liked her because she was being paired with Kira.. :D but as the time goes by,, i've begun to like her because of her being TRUE TO HERSELF.. she maybe used Kira for revenge.. but the only reason she did that was because of the death of her father.. i mean.. who wouldn't get SO DEPRESSED after seeing your ONLY FAMILY died in front of you.. especially when you know that the one who killed them is like someone YOU know.. ( i mean.. her father got killed by a coordinator and Kira's a coordinator )
-_+> Fllay's character just shows the REAL emotions / feelings of people who experienced war and people who saw the death of their loved one..
-_+> though each and everyone one of us has our own opinions.. please don't dislike her just because you think that SHE stole Kira from Lacus.. or whatever reason that's something to do with Lacus.. Fllay and Lacus are both different characters.. they each have special roles in GS..
-_+> just think about this.. if Lacus were Fllay and Fllay were Lacus.. for sure you're gonna HATE Lacus like you HATE Fllay now.. :-P
-_+> so.. that's basically it.. ^^ thank you for hearing me.. ^^ take care you guys..!

...oh! Humanistic Fllay? whatever.... i really dislike her..she's so disgusting... in GS, Fllay doesn't use her brain..she's a dummy..a baka... i feel so happy when she died..feels relaxing......
Lacus-san! I really admire u!

merged: 03-09-2010 ~ 03:14pm
additional with what I posted.... without Lacus, freedom might not returned when shinn destroyed it.

~~Spreading DARAGON LOVE~~

fitarol15

fitarol15

*Karin-Koenig <3

for me i love her...but people have their own opinions so i'm not gonna blame them for hating her maybe they hate her because she's mean maybe because she used kira but i think in every series there must be a Meany girl and i kinda it flay is one of my fav characters she shows a lot of action in the series yea she's bad and she manipulates but for i don't want to see all the girls cute and naiive i want to see a different character and i think she's flay.....besides she changed at the ending she regretted her own mistakes...
and i think she's the one who had a great effect on kira more than lacus...Maybe the creator created her to be hated i dunno

"Ducunt Volentem Fata Nolentem Trahunt = Fate leads the willing soul, but drags along the unwilling one"
Signature

FadingLights2015

FadingLights2015

♫YukiClan♫

Fllay is cool,i don't hate her at all....

"It's my duty as a guardian to protect Cross Academy, day and night."
-Yuki KuranSignature Image

Flay isn't a classic whiner; she's notorious for being a psychotic chick. She has an almost racist fear of Coordinators, and spouts putrid hate towards them like an angry Christian girl in an evolutionary biology class. She even manipulated and HAD SEX with Kira to make him do her bidding. Talk about crazy whores. Her death was very shocking and sudden, but it only took a few seconds for most fans to realize that...she kind of had it coming.

I Freaking Hate FLAY!

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.