Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why You Love Minitokyo - Minitokyo

Why You Love Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 7 total items

thingperson

thingperson

Elizabeth, Ruler Of All Bishies

Hello everyone,

I have this conversation with members privately whenever I first meet them but it hit me that I would love to hear everyone's point of view of Why you fell in Love with this Minitokyo. What got you hooked? What makes it special to you?

With me I fell in love with this site in 2005, I grew up in a very small town in Kentucky USA. Besides my twin sister and I we had only one other friend of ours that openly liked Anime and Manga. We felt so alone in our passion and fandom. We're made to feel like freaks or weird in a small country town if you liked such a thing. So when I found this site and showed it to my sister we became addicted and so happy. The wallpapers, scans are beautiful but what got us hooked was the community. They LOVED anime just as much as us and wasn't afraid to have discussions with us about characters or a series. We found friends for life that I still talk to this day with. So it was the friends and the community that made me fall in love with Minitokyo. There's NO SITE LIKE IT. Sites like Tumblr yes has pretty images and can re blog easily BUT you wont get the type of friends or easy communication with like minded fandom like you will here. I'm so grateful to Minitokyo for helping this small town girl (me) to know my twin sister and I were not alone and to help us make wonderful friends who we had so much in common with from not just USA but ALL AROUND THE WORLD that I would not have meet other wise. So THANK YOU MINITOKYO from the bottom of my heart *huggles*

Sincerely, thingperson aka Elizabeth

All hail Queen Elizabeth, ruler of all bishies. Watch your back, you wanna-be's
My Husband's are Kaname, Tsuna, Ichigo, Naruto, Haji, Hei, Sebastian, Lee-Leng
and that is why my world is of silk sheets, imported champagne, and endless erotic delight..
Signature
	Image VISIT THE userpageskindesignss20-signaturestudiotag-licious AND JOIN US

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Good to hear :)

Let's hope activity can be restored back to the site.

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

Likewise for me, I just received a facebook notification of having been friends with members of MT since a decade ago! Time really flies, I’m really glad to have made friends from all over the world and stayed in contact with them throughout the many years. Logging in today after years of inactivity just to relive the memories and I saw this. ! I vaguely remember that we would rush to get home to participate in the threads/roleplay/groups, comment on wallies and write on guestbooks. Thanks guys for making my teenage years a really enjoyable one!

Signature Image

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

I first found MT when looking for Gundam Seed pictures. I tried my hands at making a wallpaper, and it got rejected, haha, so I posted on the forum asking for feedback, and I think that's what made me stay. I got a lot of support and criticisms that helped me learn and improve. There were senpais who inspired me: candy-chan for promoting painted wallpapers, kuromisa for introducing me to Kunie Kanbara, Tama-Neko and flyindreams for the clean and simple wallpaper style, just to name a few. In general, I think I've improved my art because of MT; I learned how to Vector, how to extract scans, how to digitally paint etc.

I also met many fellow artists who pulled me along and helped me improve. It was a lot of fun working on collabs. There were also fun contests and events that motivated me to make things (like the MT which?waller events or the MT Knockouts).

Aside from the artistic aspect, I've also met many people while I was a moderator. We had a lot of fun chatting on MSN about how to improve the site, and writing MT-Maigetsu together (I still remember writing the Popular-chan articles, and I loved how people enjoyed them, haha).

At the time, I just started university; I'm not a really sociable person irl and I didn't have a lot of friends irl either. MT provided me with that social environment where I can create things with like-minded people. I think what makes MT better than other art communitites like deviantART or tumblr for example, is that because it's a smaller community, you can stand out and get recognized for things you're good at, and it just feels more like a tight-knit community.

Today, most of the friends I had here have moved on with their lives, and I don't really have time to make wallpapers anymore either. But I still remember my time on MT fondly.

I still draw stuff, but I'm mostly posting on tumblr now because it's a better platform for posting random sketches and comics. I still come back to MT though, to look for reference pictures, because it has a really good tagging system for poses (thank you taggers!) :D

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

came for the mimi stayed for the forums and the groups. use to use the images on my laptop until I got my digital camera and started to use my own, but I still stick around for the forums and groups.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

I am planning on making a comeback here. I have occasionally visited to retrieve some of my work. I just recently got photoshop CC and I want to start digital art again. I will be getting a tablet that should make painting a lot easier. Keyboard shortcuts aren't the easiest to manipulate when blending and painting. I just don't have all of the files that I had all those years ago, so I am basically starting from scratch! o.O; I do remember all of the connectivity those years ago, and I did thoroughly enjoy all of the feedback. I am looking forward to having a more steady presence here.

!~* Best Friends Forever = Kaisui Tatsu ~ thingperson ~ PinkPrincessLacus *~!
Administrator of FFVV and Make-a-Friend
Signature Image

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

So many memories! I first came her for the scans.... so many beautiful, bishielicious scans! Stayed for the community. I am not a digital artist and I didn't have a scanner at the time to share my traditional artwork. Thanks to the Mods at the time who humored me and let me keep my digital pictures of my artwork in the gallery for so long! ^_~

I just remember loving being able to connect with people all over the world, united by our shared love of anime/manga. I remember some of the older members like shinsengumi, whose forum threads I enjoyed, as well as many others no longer around on here.It was so interesting to see so many different viewpoints on such a wide variety of topics, from political, to religious, to philosophical. I enjoyed being able to help others as the Admin of the Japanese Language group and as the head of the Linguistics team.

I will always remember fondly being a part of the creation of Mai-chan and the monthly newsletter, eventually taking over as others stepped down and moved on. But most of all, I have appreciated all of the friends that I was able to make from this site, many of which have carried over onto other forms of social media, and some in real life.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.