Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Worst anime you've ever watched - Minitokyo

Worst anime you've ever watched

page 1 of 1 17 total items

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

This thread is inspired by my recent viewing of Mars of Destruction, which is a masterpiece of storytelling and art that will influence anime for decades to come.
And because I don't want to suf- I mean enjoy it alone, I invite you to share in my mise- I mean delight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcn4ndi4Gcw

So, what is the most atrocious anime you've ever laid eyes on? barring the one above

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

I mean there are quite a few, lol, but one would have to be Big Order, just everything about this show was so stupid & full of cringe. The story was a complete mess, the characters are garbage, just everything was bad. Yeah Mirai Nikki (Future Diary) wasn't perfect by a long shot but damn to go from that to this Esuno-sensei should feel bad that he thought this broken roller coaster of a series was a good idea. This series was a mistake.

Hakaru

Moderator, Tagger, Scanner

Hakaru

一緒に行こう

Blood-C. Only the last two episodes has the real plot, everything that happened in the first ten episode are fake. Like C.C, Saya became emo during the time when she has temporary amnesia.

Pokemon Anime, each series started up good but the writers will always made Ash/Satoshi lose the pokemon league finals for marketing purposes for the original game franchises.

Don't assume your dreams are just fantasy.
If you can imagine a world, believe in it...and dive in.
Signature Image

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Quote by MisaSasekageI mean there are quite a few, lol, but one would have to be Big Order, just everything about this show was so stupid & full of cringe. The story was a complete mess, the characters are garbage, just everything was bad. Yeah Mirai Nikki (Future Diary) wasn't perfect by a long shot but damn to go from that to this Esuno-sensei should feel bad that he thought this broken roller coaster of a series was a good idea. This series was a mistake.

The worst part is when you can't even make fun of the damn shows. Did you finish Big Order? I wouldn't have the patience for it.

Quote by HakaruBlood-C. Only the last two episodes has the real plot, everything that happened in the first ten episode are fake. Like C.C, Saya became emo during the time when she has temporary amnesia.

Pokemon Anime, each series started up good but the writers will always made Ash/Satoshi lose the pokemon league finals for marketing purposes for the original game franchises.

Oh I remember being disappointed to read that Blood-C was crap. Was thinking of picking it up because the plot seemed interesting and the art looked good, but everyone seems to hate it, lol. And I'm convinced Pokemon, Power Rangers and all the dozens of Gundam series are made solely to sell toys — a few of the mecha series, at least, have been confirmed to exist solely for sales.

Now that I've picked up Gungrave, the first episode is quite possibly on par with Mars of Destruction, the only difference being that MoD is so-bad-it's-good, while the other has slightly better animation. So far I'm getting flashbacks to Hellsing and questioning why I'm not watching that instead. I'm giving it 4 more episodes to impress me tho, can't be that bad if so many people rated it 8+ *ignores the myriad of hilarious '10' reviews for MoD*

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

Quote by pandemonium91 The worst part is when you can't even make fun of the damn shows. Did you finish Big Order? I wouldn't have the patience for it.

That truly is the mark of a really bad series, when you can't even enjoy making fun of it. It only makes you gag & feel sad that time was wasted creating it.
Nope, I couldn't take it beyond episode 4, shit got even worse after that from what I can tell from the anime community, but I just couldn't waste my time on it bc the series itself clearly wasn't interested in being good/entertaining on any level.

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Meloncholy of Suzumiya Haruhi. I hate everything about it, lol. That stubborn and bitchy excuse of a female lead called Haruhi is something I don't even want to have nightmares with.
Also all those shoujo manga in which they have love making cough cough after the day of starting dating :P

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Quote by MisaSasekageThat truly is the mark of a really bad series, when you can't even enjoy making fun of it. It only makes you gag & feel sad that time was wasted creating it.

It's that moment when you realize actual money, time and effort was put into making that series, and that time at least won't be returned to those people who animated and voice acted for it.

Quote by Monu-chanMeloncholy of Suzumiya Haruhi. I hate everything about it, lol. That stubborn and bitchy excuse of a female lead called Haruhi is something I don't even want to have nightmares with.
Also all those shoujo manga in which they have love making cough cough after the day of starting dating :P

IDK on one hand I want to pick it up because people used to go on and on about how good it was, but I've seen so many GIFs of Haruhi assaulting Mikuru that I seriously doubt the people who think it's good, lol.

Tbh I've seen that more often in yaoi, hah.

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Quote by pandemonium91 IDK on one hand I want to pick it up because people used to go on and on about how good it was, but I've seen so many GIFs of Haruhi assaulting Mikuru that I seriously doubt the people who think it's good, lol.

Tbh I've seen that more often in yaoi, hah.

Lol, I only saw Haruhi's second season and they repeated 7 episodes as same because Haruhi was wishing that someone from her group might ask her to do homework together. And time was repeating in a loopfor that. That was seriously lamest thing I've ever watched. :v

As for Yaoi it is: The term yaoi is an acronym created in the late 1970sby Yasuko Sakata and Akiko Hatsufrom the words Yama nashi, ochi nashi, imi nashi (山[場]なし、落ちなし、意味なし) "No peak (climax), no fall (punch line/denouement), no meaning". (copy pasta from wiki) So that's obvious for yaoi. Then there are some good yaoi with plot like Ten count and That summer. :3

Signature Image

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Quote by Monu-chanLol, I only saw Haruhi's second season and they repeated 7 episodes as same because Haruhi was wishing that someone from her group might ask her to do homework together. And time was repeating in a loopfor that. That was seriously lamest thing I've ever watched. :v

Is that the Endless Eight one? I've seen a better use for time manipulation in Time Stripper Reika, an H-manga where the heroine could stop time and, uh, enjoy herself (srsly tho the ending is hilarious, if you don't stop to consider all the ethical concerns blaring like sirens all throughout it). If it's 8 episodes of the same thing (or minor variations), I wouldn't even consider wasting time on it.

Quote by Monu-chanAs for Yaoi it is: The term yaoi is an acronym created in the late 1970sby Yasuko Sakata and Akiko Hatsufrom the words Yama nashi, ochi nashi, imi nashi (山[場]なし、落ちなし、意味なし) "No peak (climax), no fall (punch line/denouement), no meaning". (copy pasta from wiki) So that's obvious for yaoi. Then there are some good yaoi with plot like Ten count and That summer. :3

I beg to differ on the "no climax" part huehuehue I've read good yaoi and yaoi that I really wish I could bleach from my mind, tho.

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Quote by pandemonium91Is that the Endless Eight one? I've seen a better use for time manipulation in Time Stripper Reika, an H-manga where the heroine could stop time and, uh, enjoy herself (srsly tho the ending is hilarious, if you don't stop to consider all the ethical concerns blaring like sirens all throughout it). If it's 8 episodes of the same thing (or minor variations), I wouldn't even consider wasting time on it.

I beg to differ on the "no climax" part huehuehue I've read good yaoi and yaoi that I really wish I could bleach from my mind, tho.

I can't recall properly because I've watched like 5 years ago? But maybe it was Endless Eight. And yes 8 episodes for same thing with slight variations.

Lol, We both know what kind of climax wiki was talking about and what kind of climax you were. xD

Signature Image

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

Hey, don't be a bitchy hater Monu xD

About Suzumiya Haruhi:

Spoiler (show)

First season was decent, I guess. Some chapters were boring, but the story was mildly interesting, until you figure out MC really is God and secondary characters are her personal slaves. Endless Eight is trash though, I agree. That whole arc could've been animated in a single chapter (and it still would suck lol)

Most anime are good when studios follow the original plot written by the mangaka. For example, first Full Metal Alchemist anime was bad (imo). Studio changed so many things. Full Metal Alchemis Brotherhood on the other hand is brilliant. Great plot, animation very close to the original manga, 10/10.

I think that's what defines a bad anime for me. When studios add things that make no sense, things that aren't part of the plot, alternative endings, the F%king fillers and stuff. When anime has all that it becomes the worst anime.
I was re-watching Gantz btw..

Spoiler (show)

For those who don't know, people in Gantz have this superhuman suits that make them super strong and almost invulnerable to pain. Studio pulled out some bad guys out of its ass, awful evil characters. They were beating some girl with a sheet while she was wearing the invulnerable suit. It was stupid. And the last episode gave me cancer, worst anime ending ever -.-

Quote by pandemonium91I've seen a better use for time manipulation in Time Stripper Reika, an H-manga where the heroine could stop time and, uh, enjoy herself (srsly tho the ending is hilarious, if you don't stop to consider all the ethical concerns blaring like sirens all throughout it). If it's 8 episodes of the same thing (or minor variations), I wouldn't even consider wasting time on it.

I didn't know H-manga had plot, but I forgot to add it to the list of worst anime xD Ugh seriously, hentai is overly descriptive, full of screams, weird animation. I've only watched it once, but still makes me shake my head in repulsion Dx

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

I get the impression that Haruhi has kind of attained Star Wars status within the fandom: even if you haven't seen it, you know the twist.

Quote by HuesinFor example, first Full Metal Alchemist anime was bad (imo). Studio changed so many things. Full Metal Alchemis Brotherhood on the other hand is brilliant. Great plot, animation very close to the original manga, 10/10.

Banned. Fite me irl (งಠ_ಠ)ง
I loved 2003 (haven't read the manga) and liked that it told a different story. IMO a story isn't necessarily bad if it's not completely faithful to the source material — and IIRC the manga was still coming out when they were making FMA 2003. Some things worked better in it than Brotherhood, IMO (like the humor and certain characters), but overall I'd place them both at about the same level. I will, however, pretend that Sacred Star of Milos never existed.

Plus Bones got to squeeze the maximum from the FMA teat.

Quote by HuesinI think that's what defines a bad anime for me. When studios add things that make no sense, things that aren't part of the plot, alternative endings, the F%king fillers and stuff. When anime has all that it becomes the worst anime.
I was re-watching Gantz btw..

Spoiler (show)

For those who don't know, people in Gantz have this superhuman suits that make them super strong and almost invulnerable to pain. Studio pulled out some bad guys out of its ass, awful evil characters. They were beating some girl with a sheet while she was wearing the invulnerable suit. It was stupid. And the last episode gave me cancer, worst anime ending ever -.-

Lmao sheet XD But is it as bad as MoD, where we needed a doctor to confirm that the girl whose head we saw blown cleanly off wouldn't make it, after hooking her headless body up to a heart monitoring device?
It really is too bad when a story has the potential to be great but gets run into the ground with bad decisions cough US Death Note movie cough

Quote by HuesinI didn't know H-manga had plot, but I forgot to add it to the list of worst anime xD Ugh seriously, hentai is overly descriptive, full of screams, weird animation. I've only watched it once, but still makes me shake my head in repulsion Dx

Check out Gesundheit's manga; "Depth Psychology Rendezvous" in particular is trippy af. More enjoyable as stories than as hentai.

Hakaru

Moderator, Tagger, Scanner

Hakaru

一緒に行こう

i'm actually happy with sunrise's decision to halt inuyasha, the sequel is slightly closer to the original material.

the fillers are there either because of overtakes (rushed decision to adopt an ongoing manga) or certain mature content being restricted on jpn tv. deen and pierrot made the most changes to whatever they adopted, the writers often rewrite the ending if the show received a low rating. not only was the animation horrible, the anime ending for vampire knight was like hell.

Don't assume your dreams are just fantasy.
If you can imagine a world, believe in it...and dive in.
Signature Image

Huesin

Huesin

dead to everyone

Quote by pandemonium91Banned. Fite me irl (งಠ_ಠ)ง

lol I'm a manga purist, so fite me binch, I'ma strangle ya with ur own gigantic afro xD

You're right tho, It's not that FMA 2003 is bad. It's actually pretty funny. The only reason I didn't like it much is that I read the whole manga first, then watched FMA Brotherhood, then watched Sacred Star of Milos (ugh..), and then last FMA 2003. I couldn't stop comparing the old and new animation, and the differences with the original plot.

Quote by pandemonium91Lmao sheet XD But is it as bad as MoD, where we needed a doctor to confirm that the girl whose head we saw blown cleanly off wouldn't make it, after hooking her headless body up to a heart monitoring device?
It really is too bad when a story has the potential to be great but gets run into the ground with bad decisions cough US Death Note movie cough

Actually, it was a leather belt -.- But the sad thing is that the black suit can take a lot of damage. A giant Buddha statue can squish you with his foot and you'd be fine.. A friggin leather belt.. sigh..

From what you wrote, it's probably as bad as those last episodes of Gantz. Not as bad as US Death Note Movie tho xD That shiet is on Dragon Ball Evolution level of bad..

Quote by pandemonium91Check out Gesundheit's manga; "Depth Psychology Rendezvous" in particular is trippy af. More enjoyable as stories than as hentai.

Nah, it's probably some weird h-manga that will make me want to take my eyes off with a fork xD I'm not gonna fall in your trap, Pande-chwan :P

Signature
Into a world of lies.

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Quote by Hakarui'm actually happy with sunrise's decision to halt inuyasha, the sequel is slightly closer to the original material.

the fillers are there either because of overtakes (rushed decision to adopt an ongoing manga) or certain mature content being restricted on jpn tv. deen and pierrot made the most changes to whatever they adopted, the writers often rewrite the ending if the show received a low rating. not only was the animation horrible, the anime ending for vampire knight was like hell.

Huh, I caught some episodes of the old one now and then, and each time I saw an interesting bit and thought "hey, I can get behind this", a dozen fillers would happen. I don't even want to think about Vampire Knight, I got about 40 chapters into the manga and half a season into the anime, it was just so boring and I could barely tell characters apart in the manga, lol.

I'm all for different endings, though, there's only upsides to it as far as I can see: you get an alternate ending (more story!) and, if the anime/manga one sucks, you get a different ending you can acknowledge! *still salty about FMA 2003's ending even tho it made sense*

Quote by HuesinYou're right tho, It's not that FMA 2003 is bad. It's actually pretty funny. The only reason I didn't like it much is that I read the whole manga first, then watched FMA Brotherhood, then watched Sacred Star of Milos (ugh..), and then last FMA 2003. I couldn't stop comparing the old and new animation, and the differences with the original plot.

Ah, that's understandable. To be fair I think Brotherhood did the action parts better, though 2003 takes the cake for me for better character development in some cases (who doesn't love the face-off between Ed and Mustang?). But Hoho is miles better in Brotherhood... Gah, if I could combine the two somehow it'd be a match made in heaven <3

Quote by HuesinActually, it was a leather belt -.- But the sad thing is that the black suit can take a lot of damage. A giant Buddha statue can squish you with his foot and you'd be fine.. A friggin leather belt.. sigh..

Maybe it was a leather belt heavier than a giant Buddha statue 8d

Quote by HuesinNah, it's probably some weird h-manga that will make me want to take my eyes off with a fork xD I'm not gonna fall in your trap, Pande-chwan :P

Your loss :P It's weird but pretty vanilla, no odd kinks and such.

Huesin

Huesin

dead to everyone

Quote by pandemonium91Your loss :P It's weird but pretty vanilla, no odd kinks and such.

Pretty vanilla my ass xD It's the last time I accept manga suggestions from you, crazy hentai grill ;o;
I stopped reading it after that Stalin dude appeared tbh >.< he was scary af.

Signature
Into a world of lies.

I can't remember. If an anime was bad, I likely dropped it in the first few episodes and its hard to remember animes you haven't finished.

Nothing in recent memory.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.