Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Pokemon? 10 years from now - Minitokyo

Pokemon? 10 years from now

Tagged under Pokémon

Will Pokemon still be here 10 years from now?

Yes
11 votes
Hell no
4 votes
end it now
4 votes
keep it going forever
4 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 22 total items

EarthAngel1

EarthAngel1

Hero's Aren't born their made

the title pretty self-explantory but as you all know or (looking up) ~_~Pokemon fans would know Pokemon goes down as one of the longest anime series in history even beating the dragon ball series. but do you think they'll still be making the series 10 years from now. or would you even want them to i mean pokemon is a great series but you have admit it hit it stride a long time ago. i mean any senseable person would probraly ended it a long time ago. but would anyone still be interested in the series cause the new voice acotrs aren't as good as the originals but i thinl that's only because we never heard any new ones until now but your opinion on this.

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

i sure as hell hope not. i was into pokemon back when it was the new thing. i was in 5th grade then and now i'm a senior in highschool. it has lived out its life years ago and it is now something of a zombie anime. It died, but do to some greedy bastards with an evil scheme it was brought back to life useing some kinda of biological agent.

Signature ImageThere was glitter everywhere! It looked like somebody stabbed a pixie.
Roadie of .::DarK LeaF::.

hofodomo01

hofodomo01

lol wut

It's more like 10 years before now lol...

Signature Image
Grand Thoft Auto

Hell yes, it will certainly be here 10 years from now. Not that I want it to - I think its an abomination. But I also think that Pokemon sells, and what sells they'll certainly keep around. Look at Transformers - that started in 1984. Still going now - numerous (bad) changes of course, but still going. Not counting all the merchandise, either.

It actually isnt the longest anime series, doraemon for instance was on air for 30 years until 2005 when they finally ended it; later the same year they restarted the series however. I think the anime has long lost what made it interesting, actually only the first season was worth watching, and the fact that 4kids even dumbs it down more doesnt help at all. Still, pokemon is a greatly profitable market, so as long as there are people willing to buy its products, there will be pokemon.

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

The first episodes were awesome. Ash was naive, overly confident, and an underdog. Misty was hot-headed, critical of Ash, and a tomboy. Brock was... well, Brock. Now, Ash and Misty are boring. I still sometimes watch the series but like I said, the beginning episodes were better.

Sleeping peacefully on the edges of No Man's Land... Not all good is rewarded, not all evil is punished.

EarthAngel1

EarthAngel1

Hero's Aren't born their made

Quote by kempke40It actually isnt the longest anime series, doraemon for instance was on air for 30 years until 2005 when they finally ended it; later the same year they restarted the series however. I think the anime has long lost what made it interesting, actually only the first season was worth watching, and the fact that 4kids even dumbs it down more doesnt help at all. Still, pokemon is a greatly profitable market, so as long as there are people willing to buy its products, there will be pokemon.

Interesting i thaguht they stop making doraemon a long time ago oh well i know that it pokemon did last longer then the dragon ball series. unfortuanly the more little kids grow they will stop buying pokemon products. i mean they did stop sell them at wal-mart and other stores where i live... but really where i live anime isn't that popular. except to a few people but i digress i did agree pokemon is still a profitable francise but i guess after about 10 years the fad will probrarly wear away. but at the very least that probraly won't happen for a long time.

it better not be

Signature

the thing about pokemon is in japan it is still really popular, in the us it has flamed out but since it is still a hit in japan they will most likely still keep doing it until they just want to end it. in the us it may end soon because no one seems to be interested in it like they use to, i mean i cant remember the last time i have seen or even heard about pokemon, but in japan i will go on for alot more years

solidvanz

Silent Mercenary

Maybe around for awhile until the fans wouldn't care anymore.

You Get Hand-Gestured!

As long as there are strong interest in series I think the company will continue to crank out new episodes. Hence, pokemon, Gundam, Doraemon, etc. will continue their marches. ^_^'

melikecookies

melikecookies

cookie monster

Quote by chaossnakepokemon will be like superman comics, around forever even if we dont want them too

You don't like superman?

And I think they will keep making pokemon merchandise as long as they can make money off of it. It's been popular for 10 years already, as long as the games don't become stale...

Hi

Valcrion

Valcrion

manga otaku

Pokemon is going to die, the snowball fame it accumulated is starting to melt. Sure, people will still talk about the "good old days" of Pokemon, but as for the series to continue getting an audience, that is foolish talk.

I certainly hope it will survive...it's at the end of its 9th season already...

merged: 03-06-2007 ~ 04:17pm

Quote by rogerothe thing about pokemon is in japan it is still really popular, in the us it has flamed out but since it is still a hit in japan they will most likely still keep doing it until they just want to end it. in the us it may end soon because no one seems to be interested in it like they use to, i mean i cant remember the last time i have seen or even heard about pokemon, but in japan i will go on for alot more years

well i'm a pokemon fan and if US kicks it off the air, you do not now how mad i'll get...i could go to sueing the T.V. company or whatever

I hope no! It`s just annoying! Too long and it`s always the same!

LOL 6 more years then it will be 20 O_O...

yes of course pokemon will be, pokemon will last forever and ever

I'll say yes, seeing how many years it has already been and the 5th generation is coming soon...

J-Rock!!!

LonelyAmure

LonelyAmure

???? Friendship & Love

When I become old, I'm going to say to my grandchildren, You know, I was your age and watched pokemon, and played pokemon silver and gold on ds. Now it's impossible to catch them all. that's why I grew up, kids ^_^
Seriously though, pokemon will live, just as it's later generations will continue to add more and more pokemon to the formula... Who remembers 2 B A Master? Who remembers that? Comon now, we could fit all the pokemon in the series in a rap song. Now there's what, like 2 million?

( ^_^)o??o(^_^ )Cheers~ my favorite|Twitter|Facebook|Windows Live|Minitokyo|My Wordpress!|USE Tineye-kun!
"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart."

Quote: LonelyAmure ????(@uggubs)??@kilacco??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Jei-sama

Jei-sama

Is made of Soy Beans

Getting ready for Sword and Shield to drop like Hell Yes

I have been there to talk about the xxxtenatcion revenge clothing that has been used the pokemon in all of their actions.

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.