Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What was the last movie that you watched? - Minitokyo

What was the last movie that you watched?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

so, there's an archived post dating back to 2010 and since it's a no-no around here (unspoken rule) not to bump Frankenstein (old) posts, I thought I might renewal this post for posting. with so many methods and ways to watch a movie these days, there's bound to be a method that you use. and it can be any movie, give pros and cons, state what you liked, didn't liked, just remember spoilers and kid friendly, otherwise, just give a micro (small) review about th most recent movie that you watched. Japanimation (animation from Japan), foreign films, American Films... it doesn't matter.

for me my most recent movie I watched was, Solace staring Anthony Hopkins with a cameo (guest appearance) of Colin Farrell. it was suppose to have been a sequel for the movie Se7en but the direction felt he should scrap this idea and ran with something entirely different. plot: a man living in solitude for over two years now due to the loss of his daughter to cancel, is called upon by his old FBI friend to solve a series of bizarre murders while using his psychic abilities. you will find a few plot twists along the way, and I found it to be a great murder/crime drama. it was an interesting watch and I have no problem to watch it again. just to note it contains sexual content, language, violence, psychic abilities, drug and alcohol use, as well as mental and medical science and issues.

so, what did you just recently watch in the movie department?

BuBbLeS!

Signature

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

My recent movie that I watched was David Lean's 1962 masterpiece "Lawrence of Arabia" starring Peter O'Toole as the title role in his first leading performance and also starring Alec Guiness, Omar Sharif, and Anthony Quinn. I was truly impressed by the movie from the fantastic portrayal of Lawrence by O'Toole in how he brought this legendary figure from the WWI era to life and all the facets of T.E. Lawrence. O'Toole was badass when he shouted the infamous line "NO PRISONERS!" with those piercing blue eyes and the fierce look on his face. I was thrilled with the plethora of extras used in this movie. It was truly great feat for the actors, extras, and crew who filmed scenes in the harsh desert climate and those who did battle scenes atop of camels. In a time before the likes of John Williams composed epic movie scores for popular movies like Star Wars, Maurice Jarre was a master in the realm of epic movie scores in his work on "Lawrence of Arabia" and the overture that plays before the start of the movie is proof of Jarre's amazing work as a music composer. Overall, I loved this movie very much and I recommend it to those who enjoy historical war dramas, however it is a really long movie that's about 3 hours and 40 min. long, for me it was a great experience watching "Lawrence of Arabia" and would watch it again and again. "Lawrence of Arabia" is now among my personal Top 10 favorite movies of all time.

Signature

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014)

It was awesome, and I can't wait for the third to come out now! Meanwhile I'm going to try and track down the other related materials.

No Country for Old Men (2007)

I've seen some of the Coen Brothers' other films (Fargo, Burn After Reading, The Big Lebowski), but none of them impressed me as much as this one did. Lately my attention span has been ridiculously low, and this movie never had me checking my phone for the time once during its 2-hour run. It's pretty liberal in the gun and violence department, but Javier Bardem plays an amazing villain and the lack of music for 97% of the movie make it a great viewing experience IMO.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

Last movie I watched was "Passengers"... I don't even know how to describe that movie. It was so terribly bad, I wanted to go inside the screen and punch the mowfkin MC. I also wanted to punch my brother in the face for suggesting to watch it Dx
The graphics were decent I guess, the actors were meh, and the plot is the worst I've ever seen in a Hollywood movie. I hated it. 0/10 would never watch again.

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Quote by HuesinLast movie I watched was "Passengers"... I don't even know how to describe that movie. It was so terribly bad, I wanted to go inside the screen and punch the mowfkin MC. I also wanted to punch my brother in the face for suggesting to watch it Dx
The graphics were decent I guess, the actors were meh, and the plot is the worst I've ever seen in a Hollywood movie. I hated it. 0/10 would never watch again.

It wasn't even so-bad-it's-good? The plot and twist (?) have been spoiled to me so I have no emotional attachment but it sounded interesting.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

Quote by pandemonium91It wasn't even so-bad-it's-good? The plot and twist (?) have been spoiled to me so I have no emotional attachment but it sounded interesting.

No no, it wasn't one of those low budget movies xD The only bad thing about it is the messed up plot. Maybe hollywood writers were on strike or something? Cuz I'm sure the producers put a lot of money into the CGI and sound. It looked good during the first 20 minutes, actually. You should check it :P

Spoiler (show)

IPrepare yourself to be mad at Mr. Stalker MC, and Ms. Stockholm Syndrome tho -w-

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

dchoggia14

dchoggia14

Gumi x Len

last movie i watched in cinema is napping princess. typical anime with supernatural and sci fi elements come together which i found quite interesting but overall not really impressed me. the most interesting point for. me is the connection between reality world and the dreaming world that experienced by the main character through the story, and later the side kick character also experienced it. the movie maker portray the two world like separated world at first and then showed few connections that give impact to MC life and the events happened linier.

but near to the end, i felt this point ruined by confusing (well i not really understand what was happended here, i need a second wacth to understand it) reality and dreaming crossing each other. i m really wondering what MC doing in reality while the movie presented to us they were in dreaming world with all the mecha and monster things. was she just sleeping there and sleep walking around then wake up almost fall from height building? im not really satified this part. thrilling, yes. but also a big "huh?"

just say what i felt from the movie, cheers

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ

kuchukuTulip

kuchukuTulip

proud to be a muslim!

The last movie I saw was Spider-Man homecoming. It was a fun movie. It wasn't an awesome or a mind blowing moving but just a good movie. They did change some details. Which I didn't mind.
The movie was about a highschool peter Parker.
I don't know why but whenever highschool is involved there is always a prom crisis. I guess prom is a pretty huge deal.

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Annabelle Creations!
I have mixed feelings about this movie. It was anticlimactic to me. >.>
It had horror scenes poking throughout movie but no final blow in the end. :/

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

ShanaFlare

ShanaFlare

Mystical Crystallisation

Son of Bigfoot for me. It was just ok, nothing special really.

Courage within the Purest Child.
Signature

kuchukuTulip

kuchukuTulip

proud to be a muslim!

Saw ''IT'' recently. It was pretty good. Buuuut they spilt the original into two parts. Also the movie had a little bit of different feel from the original and I didn't mind.

gadisitugirl

gadisitugirl

D u n d u n

I watched "Get Out" with my friends. That was a good thriller movie in my opinion,
My friends and I couldn't stop thinking that if we were the man (mc), we would kill those peps already.
They were super creepy indeed. And the plot twist! Well that was totally a surprise for me but some of my friends already thought about it before, so if you watch it maybe some of you can guess the plot..

Signature Imageᴍᴀʏ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss ʙᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜs! ಥ‿ಥ

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

I watched Koe no katachi yesterday. It's one of those movies which is my instant love. I love when movies deal with teenager's psychology and everything which comes up with it. Exact same reason why I loved Kotonoha no niwa.

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

recently watched a train wreck of a movie, it was one of those once you start watching you can't stop. it's called Don't Kill It. granted the idea presented was good, but it felt like a b horror or less. the idea was, if you killed the person possessed by a demon you became the next victim, however the acting was good but it was more stupid than serious.

second Darkness Rising, the acting was tolerable but after 20 years the victim returns to the house where most everyone died in it, however it is about a possessed house that five have to die in order for the house to be "unlocked" and can "time travel" or move to another location, freeing up the victims. there were interesting cgi spook scenes and interesting kill/murder scenes however.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

gadisitugirl

gadisitugirl

D u n d u n

I have just watched 'You again'. Not a new movie but it is a good one. I learned that the one who was being bullied may not forgetting the "bully event" as easily as the one who did the bullying.

Signature Imageᴍᴀʏ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss ʙᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜs! ಥ‿ಥ

dchoggia14

dchoggia14

Gumi x Len

liz to aoi tori. but havenot finished it yet. i have tedency to not finishing series that i really like right away. the drawing style is really different from main series, no complaint here. it like separated story afterall. those necks tho

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ

byakuyabo

byakuyabo

Heir of the Kuchiki Clan

Captain Marvel.
I cannot wait to see her in action together with other of my favorite superheroes in Avengers: Endgame coming this April, 2019.

For the sake of pride...
Signature

Gemini Man, a couple of hours of my life I won't get back.

I don't even know how to describe that movie.

The Wolf of Wall Street - drunken, drug fueled depravity in the late eighties stock market. What a mad film! 3 hours flew by! 4/5

merged: 01-26-2021 ~ 10:07am
Infinity War and Endgame back to back in 4k goodness.

IW is still bloody fantastic and gave me goosebumps multiple times, and whilst Endgame is the weaker of the 2, the hammer and portal scenes are still epic.

Top Gun Maverick (2022) - 9/10

An excellent movie that captures the style and magic of the original whilst bringing it up to date.

Dr Strange 2: Multiverse of Madness - 7/10

I saw Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, great and above all directed by this fantasy genius, for me the love at first sight of this crazy MCU series

TweakBox Tutuapp

Joe Bell - 9/10

Awesome film, very moving and based on a true story. Recommend.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.