Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Minitokyo new design and major changes - Minitokyo

Minitokyo new design and major changes

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

As some of you may know, Minitokyo is preparing for a new design, which comes with some major policy changes, the first of which will roll out now.

Minitokyo will make a trial run to allow more content that is not anime. From now on, the following content is allowable as wallpapers and scans:
-western games like Overwatch, League of Legends, Assassin's Creed, etc.
-western TV Shows and movies, such as Game of Thrones, Marvel Comics, Disney and Pixar movies, etc.
-JPOP and KPOP is already allowable, it will be expanded to also include KDrama, Gravure Idols, etc.
-Abstract art

In addition to new content, the mobile wallpaper format is also available now, which allows any wallpaper with a portrait orientation. Additionally, the policy around jpg artifacts and upscaling will be relaxed a fair amount to allow for more content and keep uploaders happier.

If any existing uploaders want some of their previously deleted scans restored that were deleted for artifacts, it can be requested.

Noted.
As always thank you for allowing us peasants and potatoes to leech art and culture from you lot.
Cheers!

It sounds good.

MadMover

MadMover

The Underside of the Kitties Paw

Here's a thought, what about a filter the users could set to block the contents that they don't want to view. I.E. if we don't want the non anime image or vise versa.

Believe in the freedom of music!

Signature

elisadevelon

Retired Moderator

elisadevelon

The purple vamp

Quote by MadMoverHere's a thought, what about a filter the users could set to block the contents that they don't want to view. I.E. if we don't want the non anime image or vise versa.

Yes, this has already been brought up to the admin and is being considered.

gadisitugirl

gadisitugirl

D u n d u n

It sounds good (2)

Signature Imageᴍᴀʏ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss ʙᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜs! ಥ‿ಥ

yusuke19

yusuke19

Illuminati Agent

I know I am re uploading thank you sheqel

info-0

info-0

Hellgate operator

Meh. Real life shows don't belong to same category as anime and manga for me. I want to filter this stuff out. I don't want to see GoT and other images ruining my experience to this great website ;).

...::The only easy day was yesterday::...

Quote by Sheqel

In addition to new content, the mobile wallpaper format is also available now, which allows any wallpaper with a portrait orientation. Additionally, the policy around jpg artifacts and upscaling will be relaxed a fair amount to allow for more content and keep uploaders happier.

If any existing uploaders want some of their previously deleted scans restored that were deleted for artifacts, it can be requested.

hopefully the artifacts are kept to a minimum. :)

merged: 12-20-2017 ~ 03:49am

Quote by info-0Meh. Real life shows don't belong to same category as anime and manga for me. I want to filter this stuff out. I don't want to see GoT and other images ruining my experience to this great website ;).

i agree. try to keep things to anime/videogames/comix and i'm fine. live action tv and abstract is silly.

Same, I use this website for anime related things. I am already somewhat annoyed with all the assassin's creed stuff... Please consider a way for us to filter the non-anime stuff out of the popular feeds we get on the main page.

Any particular reason for not hosting images in PNG? Server limitation?
It'd be better having them in lower resolution but without the artifacts...

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Quote by SocialEnigmaAny particular reason for not hosting images in PNG? Server limitation?
It'd be better having them in lower resolution but without the artifacts...

Best guess is storage space costs money. There probably won't ever be any more updates to this site.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Thanks! This is a great move and change to the site! I greatly appreciate this, Thanks so much guys!

A tegami bachi expert and to some people a tegami bachi brain rot.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.