Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Scanner Recommendations? - Minitokyo

Scanner Recommendations?

page 1 of 1 8 total items

I'm thinking of buying a scanner for the sake of scanning certain works to sites like this one, and I was wondering what kind of scanner the users here might recommend. Any help would be appreciated.

Pinyan

Retired Moderator

Pinyan

blergh

Canon and Epson have excellent scanners for both professionals and home users.

Some scanners :
*CanoScan 9000f Mark II - fast, good for professional use and pretty much every possible need covered but large and heavy. Comes with MyImageGarden, an editing software that suits home users
*Epson Perfection V370 - handles heavy and thick items easily. Kinda ugly but does its job very well. Scanning time average.
*CanoScan LiDE 220 - basic, lighter model and cheaper. Would recommend specifically this if you're new to scanning and doing it for fun or whatever the reason might be
*CanoScan LiDE 120 - pretty much just the smaller version of 220 if you need an average good and compact model
*Epson Perfection V550 Photo - for pros, reasonable price which is quite same to what 9000f costs. Can scan directly to cloud.
*HP Scanjet 300 - basic of the basics but works

If you don't mind my asking, which one do you prefer? I've managed to obtain some of the Index Note artbooks and since no one else seems to have uploaded scans of them anywhere I figured I should probably try my hand at it.

These are what I'm talking about. http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/aucimg/2/8/9/1/0000802891.jpeg

Anyway I'm the same guy, but I already forgot the password for that other name anyway.

Pinyan

Retired Moderator

Pinyan

blergh

I've had one Epson and 2 Canons. I prefer the latter and nowadays use my CanoScan 4400f. Sure, it's outdated and I've had it for years, in fact it's my first scanner. But it works. Pretty darn well too. My 9000f broke, got it fixed but while it was in repair I started using 4400f again and never went back for 9000f lol.
anyway, I wonder if they even sell the model anymore o_o If not, check out LiDE 220. Both should be useful for you and cheap for a scanner.

Oh I don't mind spending some money on it. Which one would you say scans the highest resolution? Forgive me if this is a dumb question. I've never owned a scanner before. Oh and do you have any tips for taking apart a soft bound artbook?

Pinyan

Retired Moderator

Pinyan

blergh

Most scanners these days result a very high resolution. Canon's 9000f Mark II has the highest attainable resolution for film (9600x9600) and AFAIK the highest for other modes too. So it's my recommendation if you wanna go all the way and money is no problem (although it isn't even that expensive).

As for before butchering an artbook: Take my heed and practise first on something not as important. I did, and still thank myself for doing so.
I've heard a tip that you can put the book in the microwave but I don't recommend that hahaha. It'll smell long after and dunno if you could heat up food in it afterwards.
Using a paper cutter works on single-pages but I personally prefer to take the book apart more "gently".

What I do for soft binds is iron the crease to loosen the glue. I put a piece of cloth between the book/magazine and iron the crease in the very middle of the book. Be careful not to keep it at one spot too long, the paper surface will suffer. Slowly move it constantly. And that's exactly why I use the cloth so the paper stays smooth and isn't in direct contact with the iron. Keep the paper straight when heated up or there will be wrinkles.

After ironing enough to make the glue melt, I begin to take the pages apart one spread at a time, starting from the middle one. I cut excess glue off with a paper cutter/scissors/fingers and put them to cool down aside and place a heavy book on top of it to keep it straight while warm but not on the glue side so it won't stick.

~

I don't know if I just explained something very weird or obvious but anyway, ask me anything you wish to have help with.

Nah m8 you answered all the questions I had. I really appreciate. If I have anymore I'll be sure to ask. Thanks again and sorry for my extremely late replies.

I use Our pick. Adobe Scan. The best scanning app

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.